“Nice vacation, nice hotel great staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Serging Osmena Boulevard | Corner Juan Luna Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early-save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
NYC
“Nice vacation, nice hotel great staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights. Check in was great. The staff was awesome and the room was cleaned regularly and cleaned well. Staff always greeted you with a good morning or good evening. The breakfast buffet was great, many choices and the food was replenished regularly. The hotel is situated right across from a mall so shopping was nearby and other food options were available in the mall. You will have to go through a scanner to enter the hotel for each entry and you are also scanned with a wand or lightly patted down at the mall. That was a bit annoying but with bomb threats what can you say...

Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would happily return if I ever went back to Cebu. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Request a high room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lyle L, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu during your last stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

-Lyle Lewis, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked my wedding reception a year ago in Radisson Blu. It's a destination wedding since me and hubby is based in Manila. Unfortunately, the Super Typhoon Haiyan hit Philippines the same day of our wedding.

At the height of Typhoon Yolanda’s fury, a solemn and intimate wedding was happening in the Nina Ballroom of the Cebu Radisson Blu Hotel.

I commend the great efforts of Radisson Blu Cebu for giving us the best service in spite the major weather disturbance.

Rooms:
Our family and friends stayed there for 3 days (Nov 7 - 9) to prep for the wedding. We have around 15 rooms during this time. Everyone was happy with the space, room quality and amenities of the hotel. It is spacious with sofa space and working table for the deluxe room. Beds are very comfortable. They have nespresso machines in all rooms (amazing!)

Food:
They have the best buffet selection in Feria. We had the reception dinner there, everyone was happy with the selection. Even the breakfast selection included in the room is insanely good.

Pool and Gym is superb.

Ballroom / Events:
They have all the staff in the hotel working for my wedding inspite the Cat 5 super typhoon. Note that there's also another event happening there. I do not feel the panic within the hotel and staff. Cebu was blacked out already but we didn't feel the chaos outside. We felt safe in the hotel. They were able to arrange my wedding venue in the last minute when we cancelled the wedding in Sacred Heard and transferred it to Radisson Blu Nina Ballroom. Good Job!

They also gave us holding rooms for our guest coming in early to avoid the strong winds of Typhoon Haiyan. They even assured us that there will be contingency plans in case there will be stranded guest.

We have cocktails and sit down dinner in Sta Maria Ballroom. It was really good and service is superb. Eveyone was happy with the food we served.

Hope they can improve their sound systems in the ballrooms thou.

I commend the professionalism and service of Radisson Blu. Kudos to their GM Lyle Lewis.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your wedding experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are delighted to know that despite Typhoon Haiyan, you felt safe and secure in the hotel. We will definitely share the information with our hotel team. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

The real 5-star hotel in Cebu city. This is my second time to this hotel and the service standard and quality of guestroom remain the same. I requested the corner room upon check in and I got the same room exactly as the first time. The staff checked my records and she just response immediately.

The buffet breakfast was one of the best I have ever seen. It will take me 3 days to be able to try everything in the buffet line. The quality of bread was great.

The meeting room is also nice and huge.

The location is next to SM Mall, very convenient. I also took taxi to the other mall which is not too far from the hotel at all.

I do recommend this hotel to anyone who come to Cebu City.

Room Tip: The corner room is huge.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, we are glad to know that you had a great stay during your last visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Pasig-Ortigas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have very very discriminating tastes when it comes to five-star hotels.

There are only 3 five-star hotels in the whole Philippines which pass my very stringent standards: Raffles Hotel Makati, Makati Shangri-La and the Radisson Blu Hotel in Cebu.

I always call Radisson Blu as the "Raffles of Cebu" as I view this hotel as my premier destination and stay at any time I'm in Cebu. I first came to Radisson with my family in February 2010 when the hotel was just 3 months into operation and it was also the first time in my life to have stayed in a SUITE room. There were only 3 of us in the family group and the Executive Suite they gave us was beyond huge and beyond outstanding!

At 113 square meters with 2 bedrooms (1 had 2 beds while the master bedroom had 1 king-size bed) and at a very very friendly rate of PhP6,000 / night, this was the ultimate suite to end all suites and rooms that I have ever stayed in all my life! (Check out my photos) The view from the windows offer a clear view of the two main arteries of Radisson - Serging Osmena and Juan Luna Ave. The air-conditioning in the suite was very cool and comfortable and each of the bedrooms had its own individual air-con controls and thermostat. The bathroom of the master's bedroom is beyond imagination: Separate shower stall, toilet and boat-shaped bathtub make taking long baths and soaking in tubs a pleasure on the marble-tiled floor. even the LCD TV in the master's bedroom has games which you can play using the remote control, including Tetris! =)

The only disappointment in the suite was no DVD Player!

When we walked into Radisson for the first time back in February 2010, no less than then-GM Grant Gaskin who personally waited for and welcomed us at the fantastic opulent and gigantic front entrance 1,200-square-meter Main Lobby of the hotel. On our second visit on February 2013, it was Assistant-GM Zenaida "Zen" Alcantara who welcomed us. A grand winding staircase to the side of the lobby led up to the second floor just above where the nightly band plays on the ground floor Lounge and on the second floor, there was an internet kiosk with 6 computers you can use for free if you're just passing thru.

There was no need to check-in as 2 high-ranking officers and 2 bellboys whisked us straight to our huge suite.

Everything was first class and five-star. We had everything we needed in our huge Executive Suite which, aside from the great bedrooms, also included a big living room with office desk, fax machine, visitor restroom, coffee machine, refrigerator, wide LCD TVs in every room, comfy sofas, etc. You name it and they had it! This entire hotel is fully air-conditioned and centralized and you don't have to worry about breaking a single drop of sweat when staying at Radisson Blu!

Service was top-rate and sincere and personalized as they gave us everything we needed and all the staff members treated us very well and remembered our names. Daily chocolate snacks in our suite, fresh fruits, newspapers, whatever we sent for or ordered for, we immediately got, including complimentary hotel-airport transfers and free rides to any destination in Cebu in their rental car, which was a brand-new black Toyota Camry. Our 2 car drivers, Romeo and Patrick, were both very knowledgeable and gave us good service from start to finish.

As we were staying in the Executive Suite, we had access to 2 very important dining places in Radisson Blu: Feria, the all-day dining buffet restaurant at the Lobby and the Executive Lounge near the top floor which offers limited breakfast and snacks but has a quiet cozy and formal atmosphere for those who want a bit of privacy. the Executive Lounge also has an adjacent library, business center and 2 private rooms for internet surfing (although the connection is a bit slow sometimes and you need to go to the second floor to get faster speed).

Feria is the crown jewel of Radisson. The breakfast buffet is almost limitless. Before Radisson opened, we used to stay with Waterfront Hotel in Lahug, Cebu and their buffet is nothing compared to Feria at Radisson Blu! The breakfast buffet spread at Radisson Blu is like 1,000 times more and better compared to Waterfront and the place is like 50 times larger!

Pancakes, Waffles, bacon, breads & pastries, cereal, noodles, fresh fruits, ice cream, rice, sushi, juice, hot chocolate, everything is served at Feria. I would have to write an encyclopedia if I were to describe all the available food at Feria! This place is not 5-star, it's 7-star! I could eat 3 meals a day at Feria for 1 year and never get tired of the food here! It's that good!

The dinner buffet at Feria has less food than the breakfast but still fantastic. Pizza, Asian cuisine, and affordable juicy steaks are a must-try in the evenings at this fantastic hotel! They gave me 2 big slices of steak at only PhP 900 for the dinner ala carte. Chicken and french fries are also very good!

For those of you who like to swim, try the huge swimming pool at Radisson Blu rear side. It features a "two-level" pool, one area for the adults while the other is for the kids but since it's like a mini-waterfall and overlaps, anybody can swim to and fro fro either side. (Check out my pool pictures). There's a wooden bridge if you want to walk across from either side, and this is also a favorite picture-taking spot for couples and lovers. Very nice scenery here at the pool! If you wanna take a break from swimming, there's a nipa hut on the lawn beside the pool area where they serve fresh fruit juices and other refreshments for swimmers and this is also where they do the barbeque in the dinner parties outdoor in patio.

I didn't get to try their Spa in either of my 2 visits to Radisson as massage is not my thing but I'm sure that the therapists are very well trained and very good!

For those of you who are night owls, there's the Lobby Lounge which features bands playing almost every night at a stage platform on the ground floor or the second floor. An incredible wine bar near the front entrance lobby linked to the lounge serves all kinds of wines in a picturesque setting with bar stools and glass bar table for those of you who want to get drunk. The only disappointment with the Lobby Lounge is that the bands stop playing as early as 10 or 11 PM and the Lounge closes at 1 AM. The Executive Lounge closes before 12 Midnight, if I'm not mistaken. Radisson is more on the wholesome side, for kids and family. Not like Solaire, which caters to gamblers and partyphiles.

If you like shopping, you'll be very pleased to know that Cebu's largest shopping mall, SM City Cebu is right next to the hotel just across the street and virtually sitting on the same tract of land as Radisson and SM Cebu are both owned and operated by SM Shoemart, the country's No. 1 shopping mall and company. So if you're not satisfied with Feria, just cross the street under the covered walkway and there are hundreds of possible restaurants for you to choose from at SM City Cebu. There's also a Starbucks there and Gelatissimo Italian ice cream at SM City Cebu.

For the religious, the famous Taoist Temple of Cebu, which is a tourist attraction in itself, is just around 5 or 6 kilometers from Radisson by car or taxi, which you can easily hail by walking across the street to SM City Cebu.

Back to Radisson Blu, I noticed that there's a huge sign near the Front Desk that says that the tourism law requires that you register all the visitors going into your room at the Front Desk as mandated by law. Even without this sign, I know that this is the general rule in all hotels nationwide so I'm wondering as to the redundance of this sign.

For men like me who like staring at pretty ladies, there's a beautiful female staff / model dressed in an ancient Maria Clara costume standing at the elevator banks of Radisson Blu hotel so that whenever you go up or come down, they usher you in the right direction so you do not mistakenly crash into a wall near the elevator, which is covered by mirrors. Although the pretty ladies are a welcome sight, but their Spanish-era costumes are a bit outdated as we are now in the year 2014 A.D. Perhaps you can try making these ladies wear mini-skirts next time.

My 2 visits to Radisson Blu made me realize that this is actually an underrated hotel. Meaning it should have been made 7 star instead of 5 star!

Although I was not there during the recent October 15, 2013 earthquake which shook Cebu, but based on the positive reviews I've read from the hotel guests, it looks like new GM Lyle Lewis and the Radisson staff did an excellent job of ensuring the safety and welfare of the guests, showing once again that Radisson truly cares for its valued patrons.

I hope to be back here again soon for Radisson Blu Cebu Part 3!

Radisson Blu is forever! =)

Room Tip: Get the Executive Suite, very affordable and worth every penny!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Lyle L, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your 7-star review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu! We are very happy to hear that your last stay was equally good as the previous ones. The hotel is fully operational at this time and is welcoming guests back. We hope to see you back in the hotel soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed in Radisson for a couple of times, with my partner, with my family, with my parents & also with my friends when they visited Cebu.

Every stay is worth a 5-star ratings. Rooms are spacious, well maintained, comfortable and hotel is pretty generous with upgrades! got upgraded a couple of times.

Feria serves excellent breakfast as well with a wide spread from authentic Filipino to American to Chinese style.

This place is highly recommended and a definite choice for me when I need to recommend a stay for my friend!

Room Tip: Request for a room that faces the Mactan Channel. Nice view!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lyle L, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are very happy to have been able to serve you during your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kyoto, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

There is no doubt the people of the Philipines have an amazingly warm heart, but the staff at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Cebu are truly the greatest.

I had the unfortunate experience of staying there during the recent earthquake that hit Cebu, and whilst this was an incredibly frightening experience, the staff and management were amazing in handling the crisis.

Within moments of the earthquake, the staff were conducting head counts of all guests to make sure we were all safe and well, delivering us water and then unbelievably, setting up a buffet in the hotel gardens under tents to ensure we were well fed and hydrated. There is no words to describe this hospitality. We were constantly kept up to date with what was happening as they confirmed the hotel was ok. Thankfully it was and we were allowed to return to our rooms.

I should also highlight, the hotel is truly lovely and amazing value. The rooms are spacious and luxurious as you would expect in a 5 star hotel. The spa is delightful and the swimming pool is huge.

This is the only place you should stay when visiting Cebu!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. The entire hotel team is honored to have been able to serve you with a smile during such challenging times. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!

Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you ever go to Cebu in the Philippines then stay at the fantastic Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu located directly next door to the SM Mall, very convenient!!
The hotel offers very large beautifully appointed guest rooms with excellent in room facilities, free internet and great bathroom/shower. The gym and Spa are also extremely spacious with excellent equipment and amazing service in the Spa, one of the best treatments I have ever had..
The food and selection in the restaurant is extremely good quality, massive variety of different cuisines on offer accommpanied by a great team of staff that go out of their way to make sure you are enjoying your stay..

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. The team is glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

-Lyle Lewis, General Manager

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu? Share your experiences!