“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Serging Osmena Boulevard | Corner Juan Luna Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Makassar, Indonesia
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights for a conference held in this hotel. The sevice was excellent. Check in was easy and fast, room was spacious and clean. Free and fast wifi everywhere in the hotel. The staffs are helpfull and very friendly. Breakfast was excellent and lot of food choices. The location is great next to Big Mall..SM. In conclusion, level of the service of the Hotel is Excellent. And for sure, I will be back to this hotel in the near future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing a wonderful experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu here at Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that the location of our property made your stay an even more effective one! A successful seminar and shopping combined! Now that's a great trip. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cebu Island, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Booked this initially for our planning but cancelled the other rooms since they are no longer accredited with our company. Used the room for my kid's birthday instead since it's too gloomy to stay in a resort. Easy check in and check out at the executive lounge, love the breakfast and lunch selections...(wish i had a bigger tummy) and my kid loved the pool! Love the dessert surprise! Parking was convenient though we just stayed in the room most of the time coz it was lovely, comfortable and clean. Refreshments and cocktail selections in the business lounge were limited but it's fine. I would definitely go back even if I just live in IT park area.

Special mention to the executive lounge receptionist who was on duty at around 2pm last Sunday, she was very accommodating and she's got that genuine smile on her face unlike the other one. I forgot her name but i hope you acknowledge her. And thanks to the Feria crew for the cake! :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for a fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu! It's great news to hear about how our team members delivered genuine service that leaves guests with a truly memorable experience. Thank you for choosing to stay and celebrate with us, we'd love to see more of you soon.
Dudley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed for two nights in May 2013 with our 14 month old daughter. The standard of the hotel was excellent, the rooms where large with all the mod cons you would expect - Everything high quality and spotlessly clean. The staff where all extremely friendly, helpful and polite and treated our daughter like a little princess. Good selection of cocktails in the bar and an extensive breakfast selection. Cannot fault this hotel in any way , a 5 star hotel worth 5 stars!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for a wonderful review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu! We are delighted to know that your family enjoyed the stay. We look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

You know how most hotels don't generally live up to their star rating? Based upon my experience this hotel more than deserves a five star rating. The service is exceptional, the rooms are well appointed and spotless, the wifi is fast, the common areas are great, (pool, gym, lobby), and even the food was exceptional.
I wish radissons were this nice in the states.
A special thank you to the front desk manager (Grace). Went above and beyond to ensure a great stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you so much for affirming that Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu indeed delivers 5 star service. We will definitely share your review with the team, especially to Grace Yao, our Assistant Front Office Manager. We look forward to welcoming you back to Cebu soon!
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have been in this hotel around 20 times and every time service has been excellent. Friendly staff, great breakfast buffet, nice and comfortable rooms and also very reasonable prices are bringing me back in this lovely hotel.

Great location if you are looking for hotel in a city. And hey all you shopaholics!! SM MegaMall is just 50 meters away from hotel lobby. I really recommend this hotel if you are nearby

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for a fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We always look forward to welcoming you back.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I was at Radisson Blu for a vaccine conference and had 2 rooms, one sponsored for the conference and another, a personal booking for my family. When I arrived in 12/6, I was initially happy with the staff who acceded to my request for both rooms to be on the same floor since I had kids with me. As one of the rooms was not ready, I took the key and went up to my personal premier room first. That was when a chain of unpleasant events started.
1. The second room was not ready and we had to repeatedly ask for the key. We were then told that they had checked us into another room on another level (?again after all the explanation at the counter?). Eventually this was resolved and the staff personally delivered the key to the first room
2. We ordered breakfast the night before for 5.30 as we were leaving for Oslob the next day at 6. The breakfast did not arrive despite repeated calls to the "one call" staff, until 5.55 am. By then, we didn't have time to eat before we left. I guess we did a little better than my friend who eventually had to pack breakfast since it never even reached her room. The excuse? The kitchen was too busy!
3. We returned from Oslob around 3pm and lo and behold, my friend's room was not made up. They had actually missed her room!
4. We received a letter from concierge to say that a package had been delivered to us from Shangri-la Mactan on the 14/6. When we went down to collect the package, no one knew where it was and we had to return to our room to get the letter so that they could find it.
5. Our final surprise was our bill. Our premier room was for 2adults and 2 kids while the sponsored room was for one adult. My family only consists of 5 members. Imagine our surprise when they tried to charge us for an extra person in the superior room! When I pointed that out, the staff made a phone call presumably to her superior. All the confusion probably arose from day 1 when they switched the superior room from one floor to another and tried to make up by offering to put an extra bed FOR FREE in both my rooms (which I declined and only placed one). She then placed the phone down and said "It's ok ma'am, you may go" after 2 phone calls. I then asked if things were settled and she said never mind the hotel would take the issue up with my sponsor! Imagine how upset I was as it now looked like I refused to pay so that they'll get the money from someone else! Had I not been curious enough to ask, someone else would have been made to pay a bill for a non-existent 6th person! It was only when I got my sponsors to the counter that they agreed for a rebate!
I feel that the service is poor because if a lot of miscommunication among the staff. I also feel that the "one call" button adds to the confusion as they would not know what had transpired. I feel that, for an international standard hotel, that your staff should communicate in English in front of the guests. This can reduce a lot of mistakes, and is at the very least, basic courtesy.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay. We are very sorry for the series of events that you have recounted and all points that you have shared in the comments have been noted. We are currently going thorough some thorough investigation to determine where the breakdown of communication happened. As is in all other hotel operations, we sometimes encounter situations where managing operations becomes quite challenging when the hotel is full. This was the case during your last stay and once again, we apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced.
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

No need to repeat what so many others have said. It's an excellent choice for your stay in Cebu City. In a review I wrote several years ago, I mentioned that the only negative was the slippery when wet steps going down to SM City and the fact that there were no rails. Since then the hotel has added rails and covered the steps. It's so refreshing to see that they are actually reading and responding positively to reviews. Maybe my review had nothing to do with the hotels reasoning to make the steps safer, but none the less they saw a potential problem and corrected it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your fantastic review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are delighted to know that you are pleased with the additions the hotel made to the pathway connecting to SM. The installation of the railing and the roof was decided based on several factors; and yes, guest reviews are included. So keep on writing on Trip Advisor, it really helps both travelers and businesses alike. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu? Share your experiences!