“What can I say...best hotel experience in recent memory” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Serging Osmena Boulevard | Corner Juan Luna Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 77 hotels in Cebu City
“What can I say...best hotel experience in recent memory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

You know how most hotels don't generally live up to their star rating? Based upon my experience this hotel more than deserves a five star rating. The service is exceptional, the rooms are well appointed and spotless, the wifi is fast, the common areas are great, (pool, gym, lobby), and even the food was exceptional.
I wish radissons were this nice in the states.
A special thank you to the front desk manager (Grace). Went above and beyond to ensure a great stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you so much for affirming that Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu indeed delivers 5 star service. We will definitely share your review with the team, especially to Grace Yao, our Assistant Front Office Manager. We look forward to welcoming you back to Cebu soon!

898 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have been in this hotel around 20 times and every time service has been excellent. Friendly staff, great breakfast buffet, nice and comfortable rooms and also very reasonable prices are bringing me back in this lovely hotel.

Great location if you are looking for hotel in a city. And hey all you shopaholics!! SM MegaMall is just 50 meters away from hotel lobby. I really recommend this hotel if you are nearby

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for a fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We always look forward to welcoming you back.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I was at Radisson Blu for a vaccine conference and had 2 rooms, one sponsored for the conference and another, a personal booking for my family. When I arrived in 12/6, I was initially happy with the staff who acceded to my request for both rooms to be on the same floor since I had kids with me. As one of the rooms was not ready, I took the key and went up to my personal premier room first. That was when a chain of unpleasant events started.
1. The second room was not ready and we had to repeatedly ask for the key. We were then told that they had checked us into another room on another level (?again after all the explanation at the counter?). Eventually this was resolved and the staff personally delivered the key to the first room
2. We ordered breakfast the night before for 5.30 as we were leaving for Oslob the next day at 6. The breakfast did not arrive despite repeated calls to the "one call" staff, until 5.55 am. By then, we didn't have time to eat before we left. I guess we did a little better than my friend who eventually had to pack breakfast since it never even reached her room. The excuse? The kitchen was too busy!
3. We returned from Oslob around 3pm and lo and behold, my friend's room was not made up. They had actually missed her room!
4. We received a letter from concierge to say that a package had been delivered to us from Shangri-la Mactan on the 14/6. When we went down to collect the package, no one knew where it was and we had to return to our room to get the letter so that they could find it.
5. Our final surprise was our bill. Our premier room was for 2adults and 2 kids while the sponsored room was for one adult. My family only consists of 5 members. Imagine our surprise when they tried to charge us for an extra person in the superior room! When I pointed that out, the staff made a phone call presumably to her superior. All the confusion probably arose from day 1 when they switched the superior room from one floor to another and tried to make up by offering to put an extra bed FOR FREE in both my rooms (which I declined and only placed one). She then placed the phone down and said "It's ok ma'am, you may go" after 2 phone calls. I then asked if things were settled and she said never mind the hotel would take the issue up with my sponsor! Imagine how upset I was as it now looked like I refused to pay so that they'll get the money from someone else! Had I not been curious enough to ask, someone else would have been made to pay a bill for a non-existent 6th person! It was only when I got my sponsors to the counter that they agreed for a rebate!
I feel that the service is poor because if a lot of miscommunication among the staff. I also feel that the "one call" button adds to the confusion as they would not know what had transpired. I feel that, for an international standard hotel, that your staff should communicate in English in front of the guests. This can reduce a lot of mistakes, and is at the very least, basic courtesy.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay. We are very sorry for the series of events that you have recounted and all points that you have shared in the comments have been noted. We are currently going thorough some thorough investigation to determine where the breakdown of communication happened. As is in all other hotel operations, we sometimes encounter situations where managing operations becomes quite challenging when the hotel is full. This was the case during your last stay and once again, we apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced.
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

No need to repeat what so many others have said. It's an excellent choice for your stay in Cebu City. In a review I wrote several years ago, I mentioned that the only negative was the slippery when wet steps going down to SM City and the fact that there were no rails. Since then the hotel has added rails and covered the steps. It's so refreshing to see that they are actually reading and responding positively to reviews. Maybe my review had nothing to do with the hotels reasoning to make the steps safer, but none the less they saw a potential problem and corrected it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your fantastic review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are delighted to know that you are pleased with the additions the hotel made to the pathway connecting to SM. The installation of the railing and the roof was decided based on several factors; and yes, guest reviews are included. So keep on writing on Trip Advisor, it really helps both travelers and businesses alike. We look forward to welcoming you back!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the asian convention vaccine congress. My room was upgraded to executive suite. Service and staff were very nice and accomodating. The room was so huge. Every night i have desserts sent up to my room. Food was ok though but other than that, Everything that i requested were met. If i could give a 20 id
give them that. Definitely coming back.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for a fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are delighted to know that you were all smiles during your last stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I got the best side of the hotel because its the pool view, even better than my boss who stayed at business suite but the view outside is the port area. Breakfast at feria offered many choices but not comparable to Spirals and the Heat. There were so many people at feria so I preffered having breakfast at business lounge. (Thanks to my boss, hehe). Radisson blu location is two thumbs up because it has a walk

way to SM,very accessible for whatever I need. The gym equipments were not up
to date. But overall i enjoyed my stay here at radisson blu as compared with other hotels here in cebu.

• Stayed June 2013
RicaReneeRellon, Driector of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the view of your room. You may want to check out some of the gym's state-of-the-art equipment including internationally-recognized body toning systems such as TRX in your next visit. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Butuan, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

It should be the best hotel in the city, our young daughter said. My wife with our two children spent some three nights on this hotel and made us want to stay a little longer. The room is indeed 5-star quality with very comfortable bed. My wife likes their pillows a lot. :) The room comes with free high speed wireless and wired internet connection, and standard to deluxe amenities including a 37-inch LCD TVs (where we stayed), a Philips Ipod Docking entertainment system and very clean/well maintained bathrooms (they call it VIVE).

As pointed by some people here, this hotel has excellent staff and service. The breakfast food and ambiance in the Feria is superb! I love their coffee a lot; always have my unusual 3 cups of coffee from the last three mornings!
I like their three-storey high ceiling lobby when you get inside. Very spacious.

You'll never get wet (in this rainy season) when you go shopping to SM since only a road separates this hotel to SM Mall.
My only problem was that we didn't get the newspapers we used to have in other hotels. :(

Checking in and checking out is fast. Very highly recommended when in Cebu!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, enjoyed our facilities and food too! Newspapers are complimentary in Business Class rooms and Suites. In the event that you are staying in lower category rooms, you may enjoy complimentary papers in public areas such as in Feria or the business center.

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu? Share your experiences!