“Delightful stay and great experience for the kids” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Serging Osmena Boulevard | Corner Juan Luna Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 77 hotels in Cebu City
Butuan, Philippines
“Delightful stay and great experience for the kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

It should be the best hotel in the city, our young daughter said. My wife with our two children spent some three nights on this hotel and made us want to stay a little longer. The room is indeed 5-star quality with very comfortable bed. My wife likes their pillows a lot. :) The room comes with free high speed wireless and wired internet connection, and standard to deluxe amenities including a 37-inch LCD TVs (where we stayed), a Philips Ipod Docking entertainment system and very clean/well maintained bathrooms (they call it VIVE).

As pointed by some people here, this hotel has excellent staff and service. The breakfast food and ambiance in the Feria is superb! I love their coffee a lot; always have my unusual 3 cups of coffee from the last three mornings!
I like their three-storey high ceiling lobby when you get inside. Very spacious.

You'll never get wet (in this rainy season) when you go shopping to SM since only a road separates this hotel to SM Mall.
My only problem was that we didn't get the newspapers we used to have in other hotels. :(

Checking in and checking out is fast. Very highly recommended when in Cebu!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, enjoyed our facilities and food too! Newspapers are complimentary in Business Class rooms and Suites. In the event that you are staying in lower category rooms, you may enjoy complimentary papers in public areas such as in Feria or the business center.

891 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I wrote a nice review when I stayed here last year but I got very disappointed during this second stay. The lobby, ambience, food, and service remain good. But what does one go to a hotel for - sleep, right? My husband and I had a long day and were looking forward to a good night's sleep at midnight when we found hair (two kinds!) on the bedsheet. Thirty minutes and an adrenaline surge later, the sheets were changed - but I could no longer sleep, thus missed the following day's early appointments. The hotel staff were very embarassed and apologetic, of course, and tried to make up for it. But it really escapes me how black hair on supposedly fresh white sheets could be missed. Wouldn't you wonder what else they miss cleaning? This has got to be my weirdest hotel experience - it beats sleeping on a hard mattress on a cold night in an Egyptian desert. Radisson Blu is surely no longer top of mind Cebu hotel for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by the incident. To ensure that this type of discomfort does not happen again, the management team of the hotel has put into place more stringent measures of room checks that now involve all department head (regardless of section), including the executive committee. With this new tool in place, we foresee that this type of unecessary concerns will be eliminated. Once again, we are sorry and we do hope that you consider staying with us again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed with a group of friends on our way to a wedding, the hotel was excellent. The staff were very attentive, the rooms excellent, only critism we were given single beds but as it was for one night this was not too much of an issue. The restaurant has an evening buffet that has to be the most varied and extensive that we have ever seen and the breakfast was of the same high standard which did not disappoint. The jewel though has to be the very close proximity to SM city shopping centre which was a wonderful shopping experience.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for sharing your excellent experience during your last stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Mandaue City, Cebu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My family and I enjoyed every minute we were in this hotel.

The suite given to us has a King size bed and big flat-screen tv. There's wifi in most places and the food at Feria is excellent!

Though you wouldn't be bothered by many hotel staff and chamber maids, you will feel that the hotel has very efficient staff.

I always return for their buffet at Feria which is open to public.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for a fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel is very nicely appointed and has excellent staff and service. The experience starts with a warm greeting at the airport and then ferried to the hotel by the hotel car. Check-in is a breeze and the rooms are roomy and very comfortable and delightful. I was recommended by a friend who regularly visits Cebu and always stays in the hotel.

The breakfast buffet was awesome as well, with many options and to the likes of every person.

Truly an awesome experience and I hope they stay that way. Good job!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for a fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are delighted to know that you had a great stay at our property. Super Breakfast is one of the hallmarks of the Radisson Blu brand, we are thoroughly pleased that you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Queen City of the South.
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed overnight on business and was given a corner room. The room was big and spotless with all the standard amenities complete. I got back from a function at about 10pm after a long, tiring day and requested an extra bed so that I could get a massage in-room as I prefer not to leave my king bed oily/greasy after a massage or have the masseuse stepping all over it. My only beef was that the extra bed took a while to be delivered and I had to explain at some length to reception that I needed it for the massage and no, I wasn't having anyone over. The other small hitch was the call to the spa at which I was told that my options were only either Swedish OR Shiatsu, but not a combination massage as I was requesting. I simply asked the spa receptionist to put me through to a therapist for me to explain what I needed and surely the therapist did say that they do combination massage. This just tells me that they need more training of the spa personnel. When the massage finally came, after about half an hour of mild aggravation between the rollaway bed and the spa receptionist issues, it was frankly just okay. I was expecting a little better considering the price they charge which is high for Cebu standards (I've had better massages in Cebu at half the price). In sum, for a business hotel, considering that the massage was the only amenity I was able to enjoy (I didn't have time to use the pool or gym), I would hope they could up their game and improve that particular service. Everything else about my stay was fairly satisfactory from check-in to check-out. I did also quite enjoy their breakfast buffet which was a generous spread. The lobby was also huge and impressive. I would stay here again but my massage experience keeps me from giving them full marks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. We are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. We are currenly working together with the Spa Operator to ensure that all the staff are better trained and are better equipped to deliver the promise with a Yes, I Can Attitude! The hotel is also in the process of augmenting its supply of more additional beds to ensure that guest requests are accomodated in the most efficient manner possible. We look forward to welcoming you back to Cebu soon.
Vallejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We happen to stay in Radisson Blu for overnight. Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Went into the standard room we booked and it was clean and well stocked. Also the bathroom was clean as well.
All the lights and other gadgets work fine.
Like other reviews have said, it is so close to the mall. Lobby was amazing.

Their breakfast was good and their selection is wide (foreign based/somewhat western). However, everyone has different taste. I Love eating buffets, especially breakfast buffets. But Radisson Blu's breakfast buffet was hard for me to select my meals. I did like their omelettes and garlic rice tho. Unlimited coffee, too.
Overall, it was good.

The staff was helpful and courteous. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Cebu.

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu? Share your experiences!