“Standard 4 star hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Cebu

You added Radisson Blu Cebu to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Cebu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Serging Osmena Boulevard | Corner Juan Luna Avenue, Cebu City 6000, Philippines (Formerly Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Splendid Holiday: 25% Off
Ranked #1 of 78 Hotels in Cebu City
Dublin
“Standard 4 star hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The cathedral size lobby is ok but I felt it more of a mausoleum rather than a grand space, but in fairness that's all a matter of personal taste. Check in was uninspiring and I wasn't advised as to whether the online upgrade I had requested was available but was simply advised the rate/room that I had booked (superior) which included breakfast and free internet which worked fine.

The room is fine, standard 4 star room, no wow factor but the price was right. The bed was a little hard for my taste but otherwise fine. Our room was on the 15th floor overlooking the pool area which is nice. The rest of the view is a car park and the docks. There was some minor street noise which I found surprising but it was not intrusive.

On our first evening we made the mistake of ordering from the a la carte menu rather than going for the extensive buffet which was on display. Whilst ordering a well done burger, it came out medium on one side and more rare on one side. When I raised this with a member of staff she advised that she would inform the chef so that he would do better the next time. This is all very well but I'm charged for the meal. I accept that I had eaten the cooked half of the burger before discovering the uncooked side. I did complete the satisfaction survey presented with the bill but I wonder if it made it's way to the manager.

Staff were courteous, friendly and otherwise efficient. I hired a car and driver from the hotel to visit the main sites around Cebu and this worked out well. The only gripe I would have about the car used is that the windows were not tinted which meant in the searing heat of the day, the car was quite warm notwithstanding the aircon.

Breakfast was fine, standard fare to suit all tastes - East & West.

SM Mall is adjacent to the hotel and this is quite convenient for shopping. Also there is a laundry on the lower level near SM supermarket which is handy for short or long stays. 175php for 5kg of laundry with 100% surcharge for 24hr service.

The Ayala centre (another shopping centre) is a short taxi ride away, fare is approx 75php and for style beats SM hands down. The green area in the centre is really nice.

Radisson offer 100% guest satisfaction and if your problem is not resolved then you will not pay. On checkout I mentioned the issue I had with the burger and was advised that they would make a note of it. I'm somewhat curious as to what the 100% guest satisfaction guarantee relates to and if it's subject to terms and conditions!

It's a reasonably priced hotel, if you are looking for some luxury then I would suggest looking elsewhere such as the Shangri La, however the Radisson is well located and close enough to all the main sights of Cebu city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Cebu, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. You are correct in stating that Radisson Blu does have a 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee. We would like to converse about your concern directly, and would greatly appreciate it if you can send us your full contact details at rrellon@radisson.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a truly grand hotel that will wow you the moment you step in. The cathedral-sized lobby is modern and stylish. Staff are courteous, friendly and efficient. Check-in was smooth and my luggage was delivered shortly after I got into my room, followed moments thereafter by a map of Cebu which I had requested at check-in (delivered by the concierge).

Location wise the hotel is only a short drive from downtown (Magellan’s Cross / Basilica del Santo Nino). It is also close to Pier 1 for the Bohol speedboats. A withe metered taxi (flagfall 40 Pesos) from the airport will get you to the Radissonj in approximately 25 minutes for 180-200 Pesos. The average taxi fare to downtown is 75-80 Pesos, and to the uptown restaurants (e.g. STK ta Bay ! / Paolito’s Seafood House / One Mango Avenue complex) 90-100 Pesos (2.5 USD or 1.5 GBP). Jeepneys are of course cheaper, but air-con taxis are more convenient in the scorching heat. Avoid the yellow (airport) taxi as their flagfall is 70 Pesos.

The elegant rooms are spacious and well-equipped with modern accesories. It’s obvious that the interior designers paid a great attention to detail and usability. I liked the desk with the comfortable ergonomic reclining chair. WiFi is complimentary and speedy and there is also a free high-speed Ethernet connection. Owners of MacBooks Air or other ultra-light netbooks please bring a Thunderbolt/USB3-to-Ethernet adaptor if you prefer a hard-wired Internet connection. In-room safe boxes are modern and easy to use. An ironing board with steam iron, bathrobes and slippers are also standard accessories in this hotel.

The landscaped pool area is vast and has many pool lounge chairs, towel service and showers. There is also a gym and a spa on premises.

The breakfast buffet (priced 810 Pesos) is excellent and good value for money considering the great variety of foods on display. There is even a fresh-juice station where you can order a freshly squeezed juice or smoothie (apple, carrots, orange, cucumber, mango, pineapple, watermelon, etc). There are frequent specials on the themed dinner buffets (Mediterranean / Chinese etc) up to 50% discount offers. You can pick up free daily newspapers at the restaurant entrance.

And the negatives ? Well you would need to scramble hard to find any. I can’t understand some very few people complaining about the service here – after all this is the newest hotel in town (it doesn’t even feature in the 2012 edition of the Phillippines Lonely Planet guide). And for a new hotel I’m sure the majority of reviewers agree that it does a wonderful job in being your second home away from home.

Marius C. Berger, MD
Consultant Anaesthestist
London, UK

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your excellent review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are thoroughly delighted by your kind words, we will definitely share it with the rest of our team. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Rockhampton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great location! SM ( really big shopping mall ) is next door, Jeepney rank (like taxi rank) is 2 minutes walk - super cheap and you can go anywhere in them. Good pool. Massive lobby, with staff at every point to help you with anything you need or need to know. I definitely will be staying there again!

Room Tip: Good central location, every convenience is there or next door at the mall.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Cebu, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for an excellent review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are thoroughly pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

PROS
-walking distance to SM Mall
-helpful, speedy and welcoming receptionist
-staff very friendly
-great lobby lounge
-big foyer
-room was spatious
-comfortable king size bed
-complimentary sweets left in room every day
-rooms were clean and modern
-5min drive to the port (if you decide to take ferry to bohol)

CONS
-housekeeping did not attend room until 16:00

Room Tip: corner suites are large and provide more views/sunlight
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for wonderful review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are looking forward to your next visit.
cebu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've stayed here with my family for one night, since we couldn't fly directly from Bohol to Bacolod, so Cebu is an in between. The hotel lobby is fantastic. However, cabs may get a bit shady when you mention this hotel..but that's not the hotel's fault, just a heads up.

The rooms were good, clean and spacious. I booked two rooms for three persons each, since there are six of us. We had both rooms connected so you can imagine my mum being so happy at the supervision she can do. I was really glad one room had three separate beds, while the other had a double and single beds for my parents and brother.

The breakfast buffet (included in our package) was good too. Really wide variety.

This hotel is almost perfect, just a little more improvement on the service part.

First, I had a not a good experience while checking in. The male front desk officer was slightly rude. I reserved the rooms using my email, personal info and credit card but was surprised when I found out that it has been listed under my dad's name (which I entered for the second room only). It confused both me and the front desk officer. Until now, I am receiving emails addressed to my dad.

Second, there were six of us coming in to the restaurant. One lady was already showing us our table, then another lady stopped our other members and insisting on getting their room number when I was clearly already being seated by another.

However, Radisson was prompt on my check in/out requirements. I asked for a late check out until 2pm and the lady front desk officer was quick on granting it.

Overall good stay, and will certainly stay there again. It's right across SM so that's a plus (since Mabolo can have really heavy traffic at certain hours)

Room Tip: book 21 days in advance for great value
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your thoughts during your last visit with us. Your opinion is very valuable to us, we apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.
CDO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We booked a room at the last minute since plans of checking in at a resort were dampened by the weather. The hotel had a grand lobby that was very welcoming to a weary traveler. The staff at the front desk was even kind enough to inform us that they offered a discount which scraped about $20 from the original rate. The rooms were very modern, clean and cozy. They had a great attention to detail.

The hotel was also just a very short walk from SM Cebu. You could get a coffee from Starbucks and walk back without breaking a sweat. It was also just a 10-15min drive to the port area, which was a great convenience since we were set to take a ferry to Bohol the following morning. We loved the place so much that we went back right after our trip to Bohol.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are happy to know that you were very satisfied during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit soon!
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel is very spacious with an air of grandeur-rooms are nice and spacious while amenities are well-maintained. But the real draw here is the service- check in and check out and everything in between was done in a friendly and professional manner.

Room Tip: somehow I always end up in a room facing the busy port but haven't asked if there are other opti...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Been to Radisson Blu Cebu? Share your experiences!