“7 nights at Radisson Blu Cebu” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu

You added Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Serging Osmena Boulevard | Corner Juan Luna Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 76 Hotels in Cebu City
Manila, Philippines
“7 nights at Radisson Blu Cebu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

PROS
-walking distance to SM Mall
-helpful, speedy and welcoming receptionist
-staff very friendly
-great lobby lounge
-big foyer
-room was spatious
-comfortable king size bed
-complimentary sweets left in room every day
-rooms were clean and modern
-5min drive to the port (if you decide to take ferry to bohol)

CONS
-housekeeping did not attend room until 16:00

Room Tip: corner suites are large and provide more views/sunlight
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for wonderful review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
cebu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I've stayed here with my family for one night, since we couldn't fly directly from Bohol to Bacolod, so Cebu is an in between. The hotel lobby is fantastic. However, cabs may get a bit shady when you mention this hotel..but that's not the hotel's fault, just a heads up.

The rooms were good, clean and spacious. I booked two rooms for three persons each, since there are six of us. We had both rooms connected so you can imagine my mum being so happy at the supervision she can do. I was really glad one room had three separate beds, while the other had a double and single beds for my parents and brother.

The breakfast buffet (included in our package) was good too. Really wide variety.

This hotel is almost perfect, just a little more improvement on the service part.

First, I had a not a good experience while checking in. The male front desk officer was slightly rude. I reserved the rooms using my email, personal info and credit card but was surprised when I found out that it has been listed under my dad's name (which I entered for the second room only). It confused both me and the front desk officer. Until now, I am receiving emails addressed to my dad.

Second, there were six of us coming in to the restaurant. One lady was already showing us our table, then another lady stopped our other members and insisting on getting their room number when I was clearly already being seated by another.

However, Radisson was prompt on my check in/out requirements. I asked for a late check out until 2pm and the lady front desk officer was quick on granting it.

Overall good stay, and will certainly stay there again. It's right across SM so that's a plus (since Mabolo can have really heavy traffic at certain hours)

Room Tip: book 21 days in advance for great value
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your thoughts during your last visit with us. Your opinion is very valuable to us, we apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.
CDO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We booked a room at the last minute since plans of checking in at a resort were dampened by the weather. The hotel had a grand lobby that was very welcoming to a weary traveler. The staff at the front desk was even kind enough to inform us that they offered a discount which scraped about $20 from the original rate. The rooms were very modern, clean and cozy. They had a great attention to detail.

The hotel was also just a very short walk from SM Cebu. You could get a coffee from Starbucks and walk back without breaking a sweat. It was also just a 10-15min drive to the port area, which was a great convenience since we were set to take a ferry to Bohol the following morning. We loved the place so much that we went back right after our trip to Bohol.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are happy to know that you were very satisfied during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit soon!
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel is very spacious with an air of grandeur-rooms are nice and spacious while amenities are well-maintained. But the real draw here is the service- check in and check out and everything in between was done in a friendly and professional manner.

Room Tip: somehow I always end up in a room facing the busy port but haven't asked if there are other opti...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for sharing your great experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We do hope to welcome you back soon.
Tokyo, Japan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Location and ambience was great of course, but I was a little disappointed with the staff service.

I am a Filipino with my Japanese wife and baby -- we were on a short vacation to the country and had previously stayed at another five-star hotel a week before staying in Radisson so I could tell the difference in the service.

Things I can remember:

We had a room for 2, but were only set up with one pair of indoor slippers and one toothbrush.

After room cleaning, the used coffee cup was left on the table, and we did not get the complimentary coffee for the 2nd day.

We also did not get bathrobe replacements. I called 2 times requesting for bathrobes, and then after 30 minutes or so, the staff came with 2 glasses (instead of bathrobes) in hand. I was very disappointed at that time, and just gave up on this request. It gave my family a lot of laughs though after sharing this story :) Funny, but true.

On the first night, we requested for spoons and forks for our dinner. It took a very long time, so we decided to eat Filipino style (by hand) instead, thinking that maybe the staff had forgotten our request, and we were too hungry to follow-up. To our surprise, the spoon and fork came more than an hour later, too late in the night for a normal dinner. I asked the staff, and he apologized and said that they had lots of requests that night. To me this was unacceptable. Dinner-related requests should be granted promptly -- and in rare cases where it's not due to staff constraint, the customer should be informed about the delay, and given ETA. This is common sense.

The one-touch service does not seem to religiously take notes of my requests. On the 2nd night we requested for chicken noodle soup. I explicitly mentioned not to serve it to the room until the rest of the family finishes their orders. After 15 minutes (and the family had not yet finished orderingf for the other dishes), the staff served the chicken soup, so we had to deal with cold soup for our dinner.

I arranged for hotel van to send us off to airport on checkout. Since we needed to check out really early morning, I wanted to pay for the room bills the night before. After they had prepared the bill for my acknowledgment, I found out that the van had not been included on the bill. The lady added the van charge by hand, and then asked me to pay the new amount. To my surprise upon check-out, the front desk told me I had not paid for the van.... We resolved it after I asked her to re-verify but it seemed that there was a disconnect with their concierge and the frontdesk. (miscommunication? system problem? ). This was a little inconvenient as we wanted to leave soon for the flight.

In most of the misses above, staff did not even apologize, which just added to my stress.

Staff were not as smiling as the previous five-star hotel we stayed in.

To think that we only stayed two nights, I find it unbelievable that I could write a lot of things as above.

I am not thrilled to come back if this service is representative of what the hotel is offering on any given day.

I find that the other reviews are good regarding the staff though. Does this mean I was just unlucky? So many "unlucky" miscues if that's the case, it's very improbable. I can only guess other reasons. Recent change in staff perhaps? Or is this the case of reverse discrimination? I certainly hope not, but this wouldn't be the first establishment to do this to our kababayans if this is the case.

I hope this changes though. I don't mind coming back if someone from Radisson actually assures me of better service the next time I come. It's very near SM -- who wouldn't want to stay here otherwise?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your sharing your comments and concerns about your recent stay. First of all, I apologize, in behalf of the team for the inconvenience that you have experienced during your stay. Please be assured that discrimination is not tolerated in the hotel. We are currently looking into the challenges that you enumerated in your review and will conduct all necessary re-training to ensure that this type of problem does not happen again. Should you have more concerns, please feel free to email me directly at rrellon@radisson.com. We do hope that you would consider staying at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu in your next stay.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was my first stay at the Radisson Blue Cebu, the location was great as its right next door to SM Cebu. Staff performance and room quality were both excellent and a true 5 star hotel. The international buffet breakfast was awesome and had a huge range of food on offer. I could not find any faults with this hotel and deserves its no.1 rank on tripadvisor. I booked a special deal with hotelscombined.com.au and got 50% off a superior room so it was excellent value and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for a wonderful review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.
scruffydawg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Really nice Hotel with outstanding service in Cebu. I was there almost a week.Very comparable to the nicer hotels in the U.S.. I checked in after Midnight and when I called they were to my room in a short time with power converter. The service staff was outstanding.

The restaurant has really great food and has dishes that are sure to satisfy even the pickiest eater , no matter your country of origin. It may have been the biggest Breakfast buffet I have ever seen.

The hotel almost joins the SM Mall of Cebu, which is a huge mall. In the mall you will think you are in America because you will find KFC,Pizza Hut, McDonalds, and even Shakey's Pizza.

If you are visiting Cebu you can't go wrong with the Radisson.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for a sharing your experience at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and the great food that we serve at Feria. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu? Share your experiences!