“Great location -- but service has lots of room for improvement” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Serging Osmena Boulevard | Corner Juan Luna Avenue, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early-save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Tokyo, Japan
“Great location -- but service has lots of room for improvement”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Location and ambience was great of course, but I was a little disappointed with the staff service.

I am a Filipino with my Japanese wife and baby -- we were on a short vacation to the country and had previously stayed at another five-star hotel a week before staying in Radisson so I could tell the difference in the service.

Things I can remember:

We had a room for 2, but were only set up with one pair of indoor slippers and one toothbrush.

After room cleaning, the used coffee cup was left on the table, and we did not get the complimentary coffee for the 2nd day.

We also did not get bathrobe replacements. I called 2 times requesting for bathrobes, and then after 30 minutes or so, the staff came with 2 glasses (instead of bathrobes) in hand. I was very disappointed at that time, and just gave up on this request. It gave my family a lot of laughs though after sharing this story :) Funny, but true.

On the first night, we requested for spoons and forks for our dinner. It took a very long time, so we decided to eat Filipino style (by hand) instead, thinking that maybe the staff had forgotten our request, and we were too hungry to follow-up. To our surprise, the spoon and fork came more than an hour later, too late in the night for a normal dinner. I asked the staff, and he apologized and said that they had lots of requests that night. To me this was unacceptable. Dinner-related requests should be granted promptly -- and in rare cases where it's not due to staff constraint, the customer should be informed about the delay, and given ETA. This is common sense.

The one-touch service does not seem to religiously take notes of my requests. On the 2nd night we requested for chicken noodle soup. I explicitly mentioned not to serve it to the room until the rest of the family finishes their orders. After 15 minutes (and the family had not yet finished orderingf for the other dishes), the staff served the chicken soup, so we had to deal with cold soup for our dinner.

I arranged for hotel van to send us off to airport on checkout. Since we needed to check out really early morning, I wanted to pay for the room bills the night before. After they had prepared the bill for my acknowledgment, I found out that the van had not been included on the bill. The lady added the van charge by hand, and then asked me to pay the new amount. To my surprise upon check-out, the front desk told me I had not paid for the van.... We resolved it after I asked her to re-verify but it seemed that there was a disconnect with their concierge and the frontdesk. (miscommunication? system problem? ). This was a little inconvenient as we wanted to leave soon for the flight.

In most of the misses above, staff did not even apologize, which just added to my stress.

Staff were not as smiling as the previous five-star hotel we stayed in.

To think that we only stayed two nights, I find it unbelievable that I could write a lot of things as above.

I am not thrilled to come back if this service is representative of what the hotel is offering on any given day.

I find that the other reviews are good regarding the staff though. Does this mean I was just unlucky? So many "unlucky" miscues if that's the case, it's very improbable. I can only guess other reasons. Recent change in staff perhaps? Or is this the case of reverse discrimination? I certainly hope not, but this wouldn't be the first establishment to do this to our kababayans if this is the case.

I hope this changes though. I don't mind coming back if someone from Radisson actually assures me of better service the next time I come. It's very near SM -- who wouldn't want to stay here otherwise?

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your sharing your comments and concerns about your recent stay. First of all, I apologize, in behalf of the team for the inconvenience that you have experienced during your stay. Please be assured that discrimination is not tolerated in the hotel. We are currently looking into the challenges that you enumerated in your review and will conduct all necessary re-training to ensure that this type of problem does not happen again. Should you have more concerns, please feel free to email me directly at rrellon@radisson.com. We do hope that you would consider staying at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu in your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was my first stay at the Radisson Blue Cebu, the location was great as its right next door to SM Cebu. Staff performance and room quality were both excellent and a true 5 star hotel. The international buffet breakfast was awesome and had a huge range of food on offer. I could not find any faults with this hotel and deserves its no.1 rank on tripadvisor. I booked a special deal with hotelscombined.com.au and got 50% off a superior room so it was excellent value and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for a wonderful review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit.
scruffydawg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Really nice Hotel with outstanding service in Cebu. I was there almost a week.Very comparable to the nicer hotels in the U.S.. I checked in after Midnight and when I called they were to my room in a short time with power converter. The service staff was outstanding.

The restaurant has really great food and has dishes that are sure to satisfy even the pickiest eater , no matter your country of origin. It may have been the biggest Breakfast buffet I have ever seen.

The hotel almost joins the SM Mall of Cebu, which is a huge mall. In the mall you will think you are in America because you will find KFC,Pizza Hut, McDonalds, and even Shakey's Pizza.

If you are visiting Cebu you can't go wrong with the Radisson.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for a sharing your experience at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and the great food that we serve at Feria. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel has very attractive decor in the lobby and in rooms. Pool is tucked away from view from the lobby - you can get enough of a glimpse to know it's there but pool users have privacy. Connected to a mall which is very convenient. Service was great. Would have given five stars except that bathroom is a bit on the small side (no bathtub) and the breakfast buffet could use some improvement on food quality. View of the container handling facility was interesting for the kids but might not be that great for other travelers.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your family's experience staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are happy to let you know that there are room optons that include a bathtub. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stay for 17 days Hotel is fabulous from the room to the huge lobby so clean our 2 daughters loved the big swimming pool, Buffet breakfast was the best big range of food staff was very polite and helpful like to give a special compliment to our waiter Joven he was just terrific looked after us every morning,Been coming to cebu for 14 years have stayed at many hotel in Cebu We now know that when we come back this is the only hotel where we will stay.Radisson Blu is the best....

Room Tip: Rooms with swimming pool view ....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for a fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu. We are happy that the whole family enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is still great, its staff are still attentive friendly and efficient.
Due to some circumstances, we were unable to stay here for our entire Cebu stay, as we would have preferred, but we did manage a few nights.
My partner actually commented that she felt the room was bigger and no worse than the room we had at Marina Bay Sands, and I tend to agree.
We had an item in the room not working, but once reported it was fixed within 30 mins, and that cant be complained about.
The breakfast buffet is terrific, and better than any others we have recently experienced.
I am beginning to see a few little tell tale signs that some things may need attention due to age, and one of these was the pillows. I dont recall experiencing poor pillows in my previous stays, so maybe the ones we had are due to be replaced. There was also an annoying rattle from the aircon, which is again a sign of age and needed maintenance.
These things aside, the Blu will still be my hotel of choice in Cebu City.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for a fantastic review of Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu and for continuing to make the hotel your first choice for your Cebu travels. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Cebu Island, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The hotel is very accessible, right across is the one of the biggest, if not the biggest, mall in Cebu, SM mall. It's near the port as well and around 20 min from the airport.
The suite room was really posh and the bed was so comfortable, i like the duvet. There's also a bathtub so it's really nice. What i didn't like was just the aircon, when i woke up, i felt like it was so hot, i tried decreasing the temp to 16 but it still felt hot or Cebu was just really hot.

But what i really really liked was their staff and the feeling of security staying in the hotel. I didn't know i dropped my car key down the hallway on my way to the room. When i woke up, i frantically looked for the key. Thinking i might left it inside the car or might have left it somewhere there,i went down to the parking lot. To my horror, i found out i didnt lock the car. Good thing my stuff was still inside. Then the guard came up to me and asked if i was looking for the key and they told they had it. I was sooo relieved! He said the housekeeping found it on the hallway.

Thank you so much Radisson, you've got honest and really wonderful staff! and your parking lot is really secured, two thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
RicaReneeRellon, Director of Marketing and Communications at Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu here at Trip Advisor. We will share your wonderful comments with our team, especially to the members of the security and housekeeping departments. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel Cebu? Share your experiences!