“Love the food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Buona Forchetta Da Paolo

La Buona Forchetta Da Paolo
139 Acacia Street Corner Escario St. Kamputhaw | Advent Business Center, Cebu City 6000, Philippines
+63 32 231 3398
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Lunch/dinner
Manila
“Love the food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

A must visit when in Cebu. Hard to find for first time, but the food rewards the effort. Generally eat lunch there with a group, and absolutely every time walk out having a little voice in my head say "my god I love this place"! The host Paolo is an entertaining person, which fits in as part of the experience!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Penang Island, Malaysia
“Sadly disappointed.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Had two pasta dishes, very salty not very tasty. Fresh spinach ravioli had bright green food coloring looked floresant. Very average to poor cream sauce. Linguine with clams very average too salty. (And we always add salt). A group of men came in and got special attention and were eating long before us. Pasta dishes were way to expensive for as poor as they were. We were given a dessert in recognition of poor service but it too was very marginal. Maybe a bad nightt for them. I wouldn't go back. Also they added a service charge (tip). Everyone was nice but nice doesn't make it taste any better. Life's to short to settle for marginal overpriced food.
Decor was ok but no music at all.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Experience Italy in Cebu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

La Buona Forchetta is always on my list when I visit Cebu. The ambiance is quiet - a soothing break from city life. The place is near Ayala, yet it's still hard to find. But when you do, it's totally worth it. Their homemade Gnocchi three colors is a must try.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Italian food I've ever had outside Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had dinner twice in a row at La buona forchetta a couple of weeks ago, the food is authentic, real, italian food, the kind of food my mum treats me when I go back home. Everything we had was just beatiful, but my suggestion is to try spaghetti with seafood, and beef carpaccio topped with truffle!
The place is not easy to find, just dont give up cause the experience is absolutely worth it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
cebu
“my favourite italian, my family and i have been going for over 10 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

for as long as i can remember, my family and i have been going to la buona forchetta. and after all these years, it is still my favourite italian in cebu - paolo is always there to say a friendly hello and whip up some amazing specials like roasted quail and special spicy mussels or give us some new ingredients to try like special olive oil from puglia. if it's your first time in la buona, you must have the pasta amatriciana and definitely one of the pizzas (pizza gloria is a personal favourite!) and of course either the tiramisu or after eight to top it all off! paolo also makes a great fresh mixed salad, veal with mushroom or truffle and penne gorgonzola :) my favourite place to have a huge meal when im back in cebu

• Visited January 2013