“my favourite italian, my family and i have been going for over 10 years” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Buona Forchetta Da Paolo

La Buona Forchetta Da Paolo
139 Acacia Street Corner Escario St. Kamputhaw | Advent Business Center, Cebu City 6000, Philippines
+63 32 231 3398
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Lunch/dinner
cebu
“my favourite italian, my family and i have been going for over 10 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

for as long as i can remember, my family and i have been going to la buona forchetta. and after all these years, it is still my favourite italian in cebu - paolo is always there to say a friendly hello and whip up some amazing specials like roasted quail and special spicy mussels or give us some new ingredients to try like special olive oil from puglia. if it's your first time in la buona, you must have the pasta amatriciana and definitely one of the pizzas (pizza gloria is a personal favourite!) and of course either the tiramisu or after eight to top it all off! paolo also makes a great fresh mixed salad, veal with mushroom or truffle and penne gorgonzola :) my favourite place to have a huge meal when im back in cebu

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“Good, homemade Italian, fabulous service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We read our travel guide, and the taxi driver wandered down a leafy street. We were hoping the review we read was correct, it was a very quiet area in crazy Cebu city. We could have stayed all day. The food was filling, fresh, delicious, and Paulo and his family took great care of us. Don't leave without trying Mama's Mango cake, or the tiramisu, best we've had.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“You can do much better in Cebu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This place is actually in central cebu but located on a small street that runs between the main thoroughfares. I chose to walk and while not scenic, it was fairly easy. The grounds are set up like a nice, hidden old house and garden and the lighting is comfortable. The interior did not match the outdoor charm and I found it dated and really tacky but if one was roaming italy, you’d come across decors like this every once in a while. The food has a homestyle touch to it and the chef, who I don’t believe was a trained professional, is using some nice ingredients like parm. reg., quality Italian tomatoes, fresh ( as opposed to dried) basil. Nothing spectacular however and I would not return because I can make similar food at my own home, and just as well frankly. It would not recommend it as a choice for a business dinner or to bring the kids, but perhaps a weekday bite with a date where you don’t have to overspend.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“In a World of its Own”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

A hidden little gem in the heart of Cebu City. I would call for directions in your quest to finding this cozy little restaurant, here is there #63 32 231.3398. When you turn into the courtyard of this restaurant you're transported into a requiem of peace & tranquility, a perfect setting to enjoy a lovely meal. I've been to a couple of excellent Italian restaurants in the U.S., my home, so in comparison not the "the best in the city" category. The menu is certainly limited in their selections, for example two long pages of pizza etc., however, whatever you order from the menu will render a wonderful taste of Italy. The bread, soup, pizza & gnocchi we ordered were very good indeed. The tirimusu paired with coffe gelato that we ordered from a limited desert menu was very good. The atmosphere/ambiance of the location however, is unparalleled. The owner/chef is from Milan and you can taste his love of what he prepares in every bite. The service was very attentive, friendly and when you dine here - you're family, a rare treat in any restaurant.

Manila, Philippines
“Spectacular food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I went to this restaurant with some family recently and Paolo (chef and owner) was able to whip up something delicious from chicken to pizza to pastas. You can ask him to come up with something to please your palette which is awesome :) Im an Italian food lover so I know my pizza's and pastas. This restaurant is a little bit hidden and not found in the mall but its worth the food.

• Visited October 2012