“Stay At The Cebu Business Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cebu Business Hotel

You added Cebu Business Hotel to your Saves list
Cebu Business Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   F&C Square, Colon corner Junquera Streets, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #69 of 76 Hotels in Cebu City
Toronto, Canada
“Stay At The Cebu Business Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

For the price you pay, the hotel is good value. The walls in my room were not that clean, and the staff cleaned off some of the marks. Also, and faucets in the bathroom for the wash basin and shower were old and needed to be replaced. There is a restaurant on the 3rd floor, which is air-conditioned, reasonably priced for meals, and looks really nice. I had my lunch there almost every day. Almost all of the restaurants around the area are fast food restaurants. The streets outside the hotel are very busy, with lots of people walking around. The hotel is centrally located in the downtown area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Cebu Business Hotel is right at the heart of Colon Street. The location is very accessible to all forms public transportation and fast food chains. It is a jeep ride going to Magellan’s Cross (you may opt to walk) and to Fuenta-Osmena Circle.
Cebu was our entry and exit point going to Bohol and back to Manila, and since we’re already there we decided do a little side trip and have a city tour

I have arranged the booking via phone and informed the receptinist/ CBH Rep that we’ll be checking early, between 9:00 am to 10:00 am. I was informed that it will be Ok and nobody a head of us will be occupying the dorm type room.

We took 2nd flight to Cebu via Phil Airlines, we arrived in Cebu at around 9 am and headed straight to Cebu Business Hotel (CBH). CBH is stragically situated and is the only hotel that I found in the net that can accommodate 6 pax in one room with affordable accommodation rates.

Since we are in a tight budget and we are only going to use the room as a sleeping place, I didn’t even considered fancy hotels or those with complete amenities, as long as it has an AC room with TV, enough space to accommodate us and has a private toilet and bath; I am ok with it

The room that they gave is OK, it is clean, has 5 beds, a TV and A/C unit. I am not expecting much in how the room would look like but when I say the room I was HAPPY and GLAD that I chose CBH. Unfortunately, when I went in the bathroom to check the water supply, there isn’t any water flowing in the faucet. That a major problem for us. We are 5 individuals sharing the room and we have an early scheduled ferry boat to Tagbilaran, Bohol. We can do away with their staff supplying us with water for flushing the toilet but of course none of us would like to leave the place with out taking a bath. I contacted the front desk and asked them about the water situation, they informed us that by 5 pm water supply will be OK. We let the situation passed, relied on their words and went on a city tour. We got back from our short city tour around past 5 PM and still there is a water problem, we are again told that it water will be back by 6 PM, same thing happen no water till 6 PM. We again called the front desk and told us that by the END of the DAY there will be water flowing in the faucet. My friend is already pissed off on how they handle the situation. They knew that there was a “water situation” going on in the hotel and they didn’t event told us. They should have at least informed us so we can freely decide to look for another place, but they didn’t. In as much as we would like to transfer it was already too late because half of the day had passed and it would be a waste of money checking in another hotel and I already paid for the room (They have a policy that you need to pay the full accommodation if you will only stay for a night). The receptionist whom I spoke with told me that they will give me a discount to compensate the mishap that we have experienced ( I actually asked them if they will give us any, they should be the one who will offer such rather than the customer asking for a discount to compensate for the inconvenience). They never gave me a rebate/ a discount which they have promised.
Solution to the water problem: Half of the group decided to utilized the water provided by the hotel and the other half took a bath in one of our friend friend’s house (her place is not big enough to accommodate 5 pax at the same time).

Despite of the misfortune/mishap caused by the water situation, you can still consider CBH as one of the place you can stay in Cebu. Other place (hotel/inn or pension house) who offers cheaper accommodation in the area may not be as cozy and clean as CBH.
I guess we are just lucky to experience the water situation problem. They too (CBH staff) did not expect this to happen nor for the water situation to last more than 12 hrs as well. I have read a couple of reviews about CBH and they are good reviews regarding their accommodation, I have no issues on the beddings, cleanliness and how the room looks like.
I can understand that unexpected things happen which sometimes is uncontrollable but in such situation(s), customer service will always play a big part of package. One mistake that they had is that they were not that prepared in handling “situations”.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Cebu Business Hotel? Share your experiences!