“Good budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Apple Tree Suites Cebu

Save Saved
You added Apple Tree Suites Cebu to your Saves list
Apple Tree Suites Cebu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 J. Llorente Street | Fuente Osmena, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Accrington, United Kingdom
“Good budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I chose this hotel for its location, close to Robinsons Fuente, which suited me for this visit. It is a typical Philippine budget hotel, adequate for the price and better than some. My double room was ok, with most of the usual facilities, i.e. aircon and cable tv; no refrigerator/mini bar at this price level but room service is available. Unlike some smaller hotels, it has a lift, if accessibility is an issue. For once I did not have my laptop with me to check the wifi but I believe it is provided. I could not seem to get hot water from the shower – in some budget hotels it is only available at certain times. My stay was only short, so I did not bother to enquire.
The restaurant serves reasonable food, though my steamed fish was a rather small one! The (included) breakfast was better than some. I paid extra to have bacon with my egg and that was a good sized serving.
There are many alternative eating places within easy walking distance.
Hardly the best hotel in Cebu but you cannot expect that for the price. I would stay there again if I was on a tight budget and needed to be in that location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I was looking for a budget B&B inn for a trip with family members in Cebu and so I found this place on the web with so far good reviews.
Don't judge this inn with it's front view. I was a bit surprised but it turned out okay with the accommodation experience we had. There's carinderia across it and a spot where (I think) locals loving nearby hang out, though it's located along a wide street side by side with other hotels/ inns.
It's close to the OneMango Plaza--where one of Zubuchon's branches is (this is a must in my itinerary), and other restaurants nearby; Robinson's supermarket, 24-hour convenience stores. I paid P300 for a metered cab ride from Mactan Airport going here. Not bad, for a 45 min - 1 hour drive. Quite far though.
We had 2 large-sized bed, and I got the extra mattress--which all offered a very comfortable sleep for all of us. The mattresses are not too soft, but a bit bouncy (I thought these were spring type mattresses); it's got a flat TV screen with working cable channels, spotless and spacious bathroom and enough space where we set aside our luggage.
The complimentary breakfast is ala carte from their menu at the rooftop. there's enough space to accommodate guests for dining, and even higher ceiling for air to circulate around the area. Very refreshing in the morning. I did order the marmalade-cheese toasted sandwich and juice since I'm not heavy on breakfast; but my family found their meals (garlic rice meal set) tasty and satisfying.
Before we head on to Zubuchon @ One Mango Plaza (around 10 min walk) for lunch, we opted for early check out and requested for luggage safekeeping.
The staff were very friendly and took care of our needs.
Overall I'd recommend this hotel to those who are on budget but wouldn't want to comprise comfort and value for money.

Room Tip: rooms on the 4th floor are better. enough height.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Hervey Bay, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

First time we stayed was in February 2011. Since then, every time we need to stay in Cebu, its always with Apple Tree suites. Good value for money, clean rooms and toilets, friendly staff and the location is great. Very near to where most of the 24-hour restaurants, shopping center, supermarket, hospital, bookstore, chemist, beauty & massage parlors. And if you want to commute, its so easy to go uptown or downtown Cebu. You'll never get lost

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Blenheim, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 3 weeks in August. Basic rooms, but good location.
I found the staff members to be exemplary in their work and they were always striving to do more to please the customers.
Honesty was beyond question (after making a mistake that I had no idea I had made, a Barman brought to my attention that I had mistakenly given a thousand peso note, not a 100!! I would never have known, but for his integrity).
I recommend this establishment to all who want an affordable comfortable place with friendly and efficient staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
San Fernando, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Pro's
+ Location is great; it's close to known establishments.
+ Affordable, good value for money.
+ Rooms and CR are clean and comfortable.

Con's
- Food is average and Serving Time is long
- There was a misunderstanding with our Booking which caused us to leave the room early. This is highly inconvenient as we still have a lot of hours left to spend. We had to leave our bags at their Storage Room and trust that nothing will be lost. Looking at their side though, it was the Sinulog Season and it's expected that they will want to keep advantage of it. No hard feelings. :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My sister and I stayed in a Standard room of this hotel from June 5 to 7, 2012.

The room and private bath is clean and well-maintained. Our only problem is that we can hear the noise of people walking in the hallway and also the loud cries of children that we think were billeted in another room. The free breakfast is surprisingly tasty for a hotel that charges affordable rates. The front desk personnel are friendly and approachable when asked for directions on how to go about touring in the city.

The hotel is only a few steps from the Fuente Osmena Circle and very near shops, malls, and eating establishments. It is also very accessible to taxicabs and public transport vehicles.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here last April 19-21. The room is simple, clean and comfortable for the 3 of us. The hotel staff are very eager to attend to all our requests. I commend them for their courteousness and customer-oriented service. It's location is superb! As we just have to take few steps to get our needs and one ride to the tourist spots that we planned to go to. For the price we've paid, i think we get more than what we've expected.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Apple Tree Suites Cebu? Share your experiences!