“Good Base While in Cebu” 4 of 5 stars

Ford's Inn
A. S. Fortuna Street | Banilad, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #19 of 59 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Perth
“Good Base While in Cebu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

First impression was that this hotel is very sturdily constructed. Everything done properly with no corners to cut. Staff were at ease and this created a nice ambience.

Well located a short walk from Ayala Mall which offers a wide selection of shopping and food outlets.

Reasonable price. Big room. All facilities worked.

Tripadvisor asked for a rating on the pool and gym which I didnt see so rated 4 star as with other features.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pagadian City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Everytime I am in Cebu, i always go to one hotel only because of the very accomodating staff, the very pleasant owner and the very neat rooms.
plus,its very safe and quiet and you have your privacy and its not crowded as well.
I always tell my friends and business associates that when in Cebu, stay at fords its affordble and safe.
I hope one day they will have a pool even if just a small pool or garden.twice a month i am in Cebu so i stay at fords.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Subic, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

It was our first time to stay at Ford's Inn. The place is simple,clean and the room rate is reasonable with breakfast buffet. all friendly staffs and the lady owner as well. We are supposed to check in at noon time but since we arrived at 7am, they still allowed us to check in and even allow us to have our breakfast which is very nice and save our time to find a place to eat.The guard always helped us carry our baggage and get a taxi for us esp it was raining.The location is considerably in close proximity to the place where we had our convention.
The room was quiet spacious and located at the 3rd floor next to the elevator with TV and Ref. The A/C work well and a good size clean bathroom equipped with hot shower.Luckily, we do not have to used the stairs to the 6th floor where breakfast is served.They serve instant coffee, juice, fruits, loaf bread, rice, scrambled eggs and tree different kinds of viand and one or two choices of cold cuts.
I recommend Ford's Inn to my friends and will surely stay there again next time...Andrea Muehlhan

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My last Cebu visit was hard since my brother passed away and I picked this hotel to be close to the Funeral Homes. I will never forget how the FD lady emphatized and symphatized with the situation and helped me with my pressing needs either at check-in and check-out. Thank you, I will back and I'm really hoping, the reason would not be as sad. Madeline M.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

It was our first time to visit Cebu and my father recommended Ford's Inn. The place is simple, clean, reasonably-priced with very good support provided by the cleaning staff and the guard :-). The location is considerably in close proximity to the places of interest we visited. The aircon in our rooms worked well and we had a pleasant stay (we're not fussy people :-). No lift access from the 2nd floor helped with our daily exercise going to either the ground floor to access the lift, or we have fun walking up and down the stairs to the 6th floor where breakfast is served. We specially commend the hotel guard who helped flag a taxi for my parents on their way back to the airport. He stood under the rain for almost 30 minutes before an airport taxi passed by (on a very rainy Tuesday afternoon). That's good service :-).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I went to this place twice already, once in May 2012 and then again just this week. And for some reason, I got the exact same room I used the last time.

For the price of PHP1,650.00 per night (USD39.30), the room can actually fit 3 comfortably which comes with a queen sized bed and a single bed. The rate also provides a buffet breakfast good for 2 pax. The room was also quite spacious with a good sized, clean rest room. If you’re in the city just to find a place to sleep, then this is a very good deal.

The bathroom was clean and equipped with a water heater. The sink however was very slow to drain. In fact, this was already there even during my first visit. I didn’t tell them about it then and I’m guessing nobody mentioned it to them ever since. So this time, before checking out, I made sure to mention it. The bedsheets also smelled a hint of smoking. I asked the front desk if the room was a smoking room. He said it wasn’t but some guests are just too hard to control so they smoke inside anyway. As for the breakfast buffet, don’t get your hopes up too high. They don’t have a wide array of options but at least the basics are there. They serve instant coffee, juice, fruits, loaf bread, rice, scrambled eggs and one or two choices of cold cuts. Then again for the price I mentioned above, one shouldn’t be dreaming of Shangri-La.

It’s also very near the business district of Cebu so taxi fares wouldn’t cost you too much if you’re headed that way. There is also a good choice of restaurants in an arcade located just around the corner of the hotel in case you get the urge to go out at night.

Cebu is known for nice cheap hotels and this is one of them. If you want more for this price range, you may be able to find one but you’ll just have to look harder.

Room Tip: Check the sink in the bathroom if it drain wells. Also, turn on the shower to see if the shower hea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed there for three nights, the room was in the original part of the hotel. It was clean but desperately needs renovating. Water pressure from the shower was zero and you could just about see through the towels. I believe the rooms in the new section are good. The hotel itself is clean and safe; staff very friendly and helpful. The room rate is good and the location is close to shopping malls, restaurant and a few good bars serving European style food. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a cheap, safe place to stay for a short time then I recommend this place; ens...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ford's Inn? Share your experiences!