“Heartfelt, thank you!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 67 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Cebu City, Philippines
“Heartfelt, thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My last Cebu visit was hard since my brother passed away and I picked this hotel to be close to the Funeral Homes. I will never forget how the FD lady emphatized and symphatized with the situation and helped me with my pressing needs either at check-in and check-out. Thank you, I will back and I'm really hoping, the reason would not be as sad. Madeline M.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

It was our first time to visit Cebu and my father recommended Ford's Inn. The place is simple, clean, reasonably-priced with very good support provided by the cleaning staff and the guard :-). The location is considerably in close proximity to the places of interest we visited. The aircon in our rooms worked well and we had a pleasant stay (we're not fussy people :-). No lift access from the 2nd floor helped with our daily exercise going to either the ground floor to access the lift, or we have fun walking up and down the stairs to the 6th floor where breakfast is served. We specially commend the hotel guard who helped flag a taxi for my parents on their way back to the airport. He stood under the rain for almost 30 minutes before an airport taxi passed by (on a very rainy Tuesday afternoon). That's good service :-).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I went to this place twice already, once in May 2012 and then again just this week. And for some reason, I got the exact same room I used the last time.

For the price of PHP1,650.00 per night (USD39.30), the room can actually fit 3 comfortably which comes with a queen sized bed and a single bed. The rate also provides a buffet breakfast good for 2 pax. The room was also quite spacious with a good sized, clean rest room. If you’re in the city just to find a place to sleep, then this is a very good deal.

The bathroom was clean and equipped with a water heater. The sink however was very slow to drain. In fact, this was already there even during my first visit. I didn’t tell them about it then and I’m guessing nobody mentioned it to them ever since. So this time, before checking out, I made sure to mention it. The bedsheets also smelled a hint of smoking. I asked the front desk if the room was a smoking room. He said it wasn’t but some guests are just too hard to control so they smoke inside anyway. As for the breakfast buffet, don’t get your hopes up too high. They don’t have a wide array of options but at least the basics are there. They serve instant coffee, juice, fruits, loaf bread, rice, scrambled eggs and one or two choices of cold cuts. Then again for the price I mentioned above, one shouldn’t be dreaming of Shangri-La.

It’s also very near the business district of Cebu so taxi fares wouldn’t cost you too much if you’re headed that way. There is also a good choice of restaurants in an arcade located just around the corner of the hotel in case you get the urge to go out at night.

Cebu is known for nice cheap hotels and this is one of them. If you want more for this price range, you may be able to find one but you’ll just have to look harder.

Room Tip: Check the sink in the bathroom if it drain wells. Also, turn on the shower to see if the shower hea...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed there for three nights, the room was in the original part of the hotel. It was clean but desperately needs renovating. Water pressure from the shower was zero and you could just about see through the towels. I believe the rooms in the new section are good. The hotel itself is clean and safe; staff very friendly and helpful. The room rate is good and the location is close to shopping malls, restaurant and a few good bars serving European style food. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a cheap, safe place to stay for a short time then I recommend this place; ens...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Davao City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

I've gone to Cebu for quite a few times already but this was my first time to stay here at Ford's Inn. Basically if you're going to ride the taxi it's just a few minutes away from the malls and a walking distance to Banilad Town Center and Gaisano Country Mall. So basically, the area is accessible to restaurants, fastfood or other necessities you need. The rooms are clean and the staff are friendly and helpful as well. What I love the most was the free buffet breakfast, they really do serve excellent food. The hotel's price is very reasonable. All in all, I had a really great stay and will hope to come back soon.

Room Tip: Try to ask for their new rooms, although the old rooms are also fine but if you want to have newer f...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Beaumont, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have traveled to Cebu 3 times during 2011 for a total of approximately 3 months (January, May, and September 2011) and will be returning again for another month in March 2012. Every time I have been in Cebu the only place I have stayed is Ford's Inn. The staff and owners are wonderful and they always go the extra mile to make sure you are happy and satisfied. If you want something really fancy go somewhere else but if you want a nice friendly atmosphere at a very good price then Ford's Inn is what you want. The breakfast buffet that is included for free with the room is very good and there is also a Vienna Kaffeehaus located in front that has good food available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You have the choice of taking a jeepney or a taxi from directly in front of Ford's Inn to any part of Cebu you want to go to. I had never heard of Ford's Inn until a local resident recommended them to me prior to my 1st trip there and as long as it is open I will never stay anywhere else. It is 1/3 the cost of the other Hotels in the area. It doesn't have a pool but other then that I think it is great....

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room in the "new building" with the elevator access. It is quieter an...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

This was my second year in Cebu City and the second year at Fords Inn. Excellent Staff, Excellent Room with cleanliness the first priority at Fords Inn. The price was good for me as I was in Cebu for over 2 weeks. "Good Value" Diner downstairs had an excellent menu and very good quality at mid range prices.

• Stayed May 2010
Red Planet Cebu
Red Planet Cebu
#11 of 82 in Cebu City
4.0 of 5 stars 369 reviews

Been to Ford's Inn? Share your experiences!