“Value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Citi Park Hotel

You added Citi Park Hotel to your Saves list
Citi Park Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   F. Cabahug Street, Kasambagan Road, Mabolo, Cebu City | Mabolo, Cebu City, Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #30 of 78 Hotels in Cebu City
quezon city
“Value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

Just 5 minutes away from Ayala Center and basically central to everywhere in Cebu City. Customer service is exemplary. There's even a supermarket at the back of the hotel where you can buy anything you forgot to pack from home. Great selection of restos nearby. Must haves are Rico's and CnT for a taste of the famous Cebu lechon or roasted pig, the world's best according to Chef Anthony Bourdain. One let down is the wifi signal in the rooms which make it quite hard to connect. All things considered, Citipark is great value for your buck.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Alvin Andrew C, Manager at Citi Park Hotel, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your flattering review of Citi Park Hotel. We are very happy that we had the chance to serve you and to make you feel at home with us.

About the internet connection, the installation of new fiber lines by the service provider is being implemented. This will greatly improve the internet service we have been worrying about for some time now. We sincerely apologize if it has caused you inconvenience.

We hope to see you again and serve you better on your next stay here at Cebu.
It will always be great to have you here.

Thank you once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

Stayed here for the Sinulog Festival with my Smart Team.

It is located quite in the center of key destinations around the city including restaurants and other party locations during the festival.

The rooms are spacious enough for our 3 beds.
WiFi isn't that great especially in the rooms.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Alvin Andrew C, Manager at Citi Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2015
Hi Jon,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. It is highly appreciated.
Citi Park Hotel wants to apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you due to the unstable internet connection. The area in which the hotel is situated is not equipped by service providers to allow higher internet speeds. Rest assured, we are trying our best to have it improved as soon as possible. Thank you for staying with us and I hope we were able to serve you well aside from the wifi access. Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Best Regards,
Alvin
Operations Manager
Paranaque, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

Our team stayed here during the Sinulog 2015 celebration. The hotel's location is very good, it's near the city center. There are food establishments near the hotel, and a convenience store right in front of it.

The WiFi connection of the hotel in our room was bad, sometimes we can't connect to the web already. For a great internet connection, you can always go at the lobby.

In my 3-day stay, I haven't tried the breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Rico's Lechon is near the hotel, make it a point to drop by and order a plat of their Spicy Lech...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Alvin A, Operations Manager at Citi Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2015
Good Day Mr. Nikko Panti,

Thank you for your honest review on your stay with us at Citi Park Hotel. I apologize for the instability of our internet connection. I must admit that there is indeed a problem with the system especially when a good number of guests log in. Rest assured, I am trying my best to resolve this problem and giving it my priority.

Thank you once again for staying with us. We hope to serve you better when the time comes. :)

Cheers!
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2015

Just like what I did last week when I checked in from different hotel, I had my booking done thru HotelQuickly App.

I noticed they're the only hotel offering Free Breakfast. I didn't call the Reception anymore because I thought when I get there, they'll automatically see my name for that days' reservations, I noticed the question mark on the receptionist's face and literally asked me "Do you have any reservations today, Sir?"

I showed her my phone and good enough, she got it sorted out in about 2-3 minutes. They didn't ask for accidental deposit which made more sense because they didn't have anything inside the refrigerator anyway.

While I was waiting for Mary (receptionist) to clear things up, I was just sitting around the lobby, it's nice because knowing that it's not a very big hotel, they still manage to put some comfortable chairs and tables, you can see vehicles from outside, it's clean lobby and very quite.

Believe me, elevator is clean and very fast, they also have security camera installed. I think you might have noticed me ranting about elevators now, I can still recall when I was in Chung King Mansions in Hong Kong, it's horrible and ridiculously slow and dirty elevator! Hahaha.

Anyway, when you get out from the lift, you'll see the view from outside. This hotel is very quite and my timing is really good, knowing that Sinulog Festival 2015 is done few weeks ago.

I guess there's only 2 other guests checked in.

The room is okay, one thing that I noticed was they have a very big cabinet where you can put your things inside with hangers, yup, unlike any other hotels, it's really really big, very good if you have a lot of bags with you but that time, I only have 1 backpack with me. They also have a rack where u can also put your bags and other things.

TV is small, I guess about 21" inches only but they have few channels, yes, it's still cable.

Bed is nice, I was able to rest well. I didn't like their air condition (window type design) but I only didn't like the design, it works perfectly and it's very cold, so nothing to worry about it.

Their bathroom is also okay, at first, I thought their hot and cold didn't work but just leave it for a minute, it'll work for both hot and cold.

Seriously, there's only two tables when we had our breakfast downstairs, I was so hesitant to eat because I was shy to get food but fortunately, after 30 minutes, small family arrived and they were sitting right next to my table. Food is okay, they only had chicken, pork, I didn't see fish or beef.
They also had some Vietnamese Veggies with Garlic. Plain and Garlic Rice so you can choose from the two, cereals, bread (different kinds of bread), they have fruit stand and you can tell the chef whatever you like to eat for example, you can request for sunny side up eggs or something.

Overall, it's totally worth it! Checkout process is good, they only need to ask for a signature and you're done.

Hey, I forgot to mention, there's a Supermarket which is super close to the Hotel, it's called Fooda, it'll will take around 1 minute to walk!

You will also be very close to 7Eleven, and other restaurants like Diamond Tong's (they're known for seafoods most especially for their Oyster)

I also noticed, Burger King (with drive thru) will be available soonest)
Jollibee and Off Road's Coffee is pretty close to this Hotel.

This place is really close to Ayala Mall and even in SM. It's has a very nice location. Good luck on your stay. I had a blast. Thank you.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for your honest review of Citi Park Hotel and an even greater thank you for choosing Citi Park during your recent stay.

Recently, we have been focusing on what the guests really want to eat during breakfast and we are trying out new dishes. Thank you for your feedback about the food, too. Your feedback is very important to us.

I really do hope to see you again in the future. Once again, my warmest thanks to you and your companion!
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2014

i stayed at this hotel for 6 weeks for business. The room was spacious and they clean the room every after 2 days (if you're staying there for long!) The food choices were superb! can't say anything bad about the food coz every single item on the buffet breakfast was great! But the customer service was poor. SOME of the guards on shift was not attentive and not willing to assist. WIFI is only available at public places like the lobby and resto. i asked router to be placed in my room SEVERAL times coz i need to work on some reports, front desk always say i'll check on it every single time but nothing happened. there's no gym or swimming pools to spend your time. there's really nothing to do at this hotel aside from sleeping and eating so its perfect for business but if you're on vacation, this hotel will just bore you!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

this was a nice hotel for low price -except wifi internet connection issue- the rooms are clean but the food at restaurant is terrible...
i was there for 2 weeks for bussiness, it's not so bad because the location is near shopping center like Ayala Malls and SM Cebu... just need less than 100 pesos to go there.
if you need to buy some drinks and snack which not provided by hotel, just go out and walk cross the street you will find 7-11 store there... or walk aprrox. 300m you will get Jollybee.

Room Tip: get the nearest room to lobby for best wifi connection.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Manila
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

The hotel has a decent lobby which doubles as a drinking lounge at night. The rooms are big enough and the bed is comfortable. Internet access thru wifi is not reliable but the hotel can lend you a LAN cable if you need one. What is nice about the hotel is that they have a USB power source to charge your gadget directly out of the power outlet. Breakfast is average though.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Citi Park Hotel? Share your experiences!