“Bulalo like no other!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #112 of 358 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: European, Dessert, Filipino, Family Fare
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: More than just the best Pochero in Cebu!
Santa Rosa, Laguna, Philippines
“Bulalo like no other!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My friend invited me here, telling me to taste their bulalo. Well, living near Batangas in Luzon, I thought I have tasted the best bulalo. And I was wrong. Served in a huge bowl, with unlimited soup, bulalo was superb. As I was sipping the hot soup and downing the well cooked meat, I was thinking to myself, where did I place my calci-block? It was delicious, but also dangerous. I was imagining the cholesterol lining up along the walls of my vein getting ready to stop my blood from passing through and getting to my brain. But well, if this were my last meal, it was well worth it. Delicious!

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
“Best Bulalo in town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

With colleagues for our lunch break, first order - Bulalo!
It's like without it in your table, the dining is not complete when at Abuhan.

Service is a plus :)

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
philippines
“very good bulalo/puchero, but.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I must be craving for bulalo this month of September as I've been going to different restaurants that serve this as their specialty dish. Thus, the main food I ordered in Abuhan Tres is...bulalo! When the bulalo arrived, I grabbed my spoon and tasted it. It was a lot better than the bulalo that was served in their sister restaurant, Abuhan Dos. I was told Abuhan Tres is only a franchise of Abuhan Dos. So its either Tres makes a better bulalo, or the mother restaurant, Abuhan Dos, does not have quality control standards of their food because Tres's bulalo tastes better than Dos' bulalo. This bulalo can compare with the flavor of the one I had at Leslie's in Tagaytay. The beef was super tender to the taste.

Unfortunately, this positive comment on their bulalo will be shortlived. Much later into the lunch, most of us who had the bulalo kept on finishing our water and we were still thirsty. This is a sign of a heavy application of MSG, or monosodium glutamate. This can explain why their bulalo/pochero was very tasty, and this can explain why even after taking so much pochero soup, you are still thirsty.

The other orders we had, squid, grilled belly, were unremarkable. Good, but not really outstanding compared to other filipino restaurants.

Other things we noticed is that on that particular lunch, we were the only customers, but the airconditioning couldn't prevent us from sweating. Their aircon couldn't reach us. So I suggest to diners not to sit at the tables beside the glass panellings and sit in the innner tables instead. Another is the presence of several flies and several small flying insects that looked like fruit flies. They were flying over our dining table, and even at the wash area. For a lunch time without any customers, the trash bin at the wash area was full. Why didn't they do good housekeeping when there were so much free time on hand?

I will give the food 3 or 4 stars, msg notwithstanding. But overall, I can't give them 4 stars because of housekeeping issues.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Dining in Abuhan Tres is one homey experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

The moment I stepped into Abuhan Tres, I was met by very courteous staff. It set the mood for the homey experience that I am talking about. As my brother and I looked around for a cozy corner, the quality of diners further proved to me that indeed I made a good choice. It's always best to dine with friendly and decent people around. The menu was presented to me and hurrah! They have all my favorites...from the sizzlIng pochero, calamares, lechon kawali, crispy kangkong, chicken pandan, baked scallops, to name a few. Mind you, they were all delectable! My brother had mango shake while I had banana shake...just sooo refreshing! Most importantly, the royal dining experience was after all very affordable! It certainly was all worth it! Plus, I can't forget to mention its very strategic location. Very accessible, being situated on the 1st space of the 1st building at the now very popular IT Park in Cebu City which is just a stone's throw away from Cebu's landmark hotel, Waterfront Cebu City Hotel. I will not just tell friends about Abuhan Tres, I will definitely go back there with my family and friends. Abuhan Tres, you are now in my list of favorite restaurants! And yes, I am a certified food aficionado! Cheers!:-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
oslo, norway
“sumptuous meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

very delicious, very affordable meal always served hot

Visited December 2011