“Pretty good actually” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 65 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Pretty good actually”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here just for a night.

The room is big and clean. Hot water is running fine but the shower head is a little pathetic. It is so small that you will not really enjoy showering.

The staff is friendly and very accommodating.

It is located near to the bar scene so please be careful when you go out at night.

I was being followed at night but I manage to shake the stalker off.

Will I stay there again? Of course I will!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Calistoga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was a great place to stay and was pretty clean and price was fine. Noise of the outside wasn't so bad and I'd return here. Breakfast option is a good idea. Very good location for what you need to do. Easy to get a taxi and get around....there are many places to stay of course and this one I just came across. It wasn't bad at all!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bacolod, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My brother and I have a seminar in Cebu and we decided to bring the whole family to unwind including our elderly parents. We are looking for a budget hotel near our seminar venue and we decided to stay at Casa Rosario. We love the place since its location is very accessible. The surroundings are very peaceful with a school, church, restaurants and a convenient store nearby. The hotel is well kept though its not that big and new. The staff are very accommodating and friendly. Early check in is not a problem as long as there is an available room and without an extra charge. They also give senior citizen discounts for my parents accommodation. The hotel also serves an affordable and delicious breakfast. Wifi is fast and free of charge. We have a wonderful time at Casa Rosario.

Room Tip: Rooms at the south side are quieter but without terrace.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Valbonne, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great place to go to if you are looking for a place with quality rooms for your money. Great service as well and it's well situated. It's close to a lot of restaurants and bars. Last time I was there it cost around 1000 pesos which is a lot for the average local but considering what you're getting in return for your money, I would say that it's more than worth it.I've stayed there about 3-5 times and haven't had anything to complain about. Great place, great staff, and great value, what more could you ask for? :)

If I remember correctly, they have no swimming pool.Never bothered to ask so I'm not so sure.

Room Tip: Higher floors are even quieter than those located at the bottom.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here again in our recent trip....
Good value for location and quality of room.
Lot of places easily walkable in the area.

Last time we stayed for extended period and it was a good experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dumaguete Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I had to go for a seminar to Cebu on short term notice. 4 hours before arrival I called the Pension house. The front desk lady was speaking very good english and the phone volume was loud and clear. Not given in many pension houses in the Philippines and many times one need to deal with "sorry sir, say it again, I don't understand"

Arrived around 10 pm. check inn was painless, room on 3rd floor with balcony, air-con, cable TV and big bed for me as a big boy.

My shower was hot in 30 seconds, maybe it is different in other rooms. water pressure OK.

Wanted a bite to eat, but restaurant next door was closed, KFC was the only open place I could find in walking distance.

Room was quiet and I had a good sleep. (well I was up 16 hours, so no miracle). Also at daylight the room was clean, no stain or mold in the CR and shower.

Breakfast buffet was 120 peso, local style, but fine with me, for that price definitely ok.

I paid upon arrival so my checkout was fast and I headed for the seminar.

Maybe there are issues with ongoing construction during day, however, for someone who just needs a quick affordable room overnight I can recommend Casa Rosario.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
31 McCoubrie Ave.,W.S'shine,Vic.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

As we stayed in the same room now as we have stayed 3 times before (in 3 different years!) my review will primarily,but not only,cover our experience in said room and in the hotel in general.
1.Firstly,the lights in the room: They have redone them to the extent that there are now more lights,although, since the new installed lights are smaller than the previous ones, overall the room is slightly darker! (But passable nevertheless!)
2.The "old" venetian blinds in the room are still the same defective ones (one being smaller than the window it's supposed to cover while the other,bigger, one needs repairing!
3.The aircon unit still is unable to fully or satisfactorilly cool the room,specially in the hot afternoons.
4.The hot and cold water taps in the showers (and even in the wash basin) takes quite a while,to "master" or activate,or trigger,resulting in us taking mostly cold showers out of impatience! Why can't they install them so that one gets cold water when the "cold" tap is turned on and hot water when the "hot" tap is turned on (instead of waiting 5 to 10 minutes for the water to turn hot!)?
5.There is a heating gadget inside the room (above the clothes closet and just below the ceiling) which noisily turns on and off every 20 to 30 minutes,thereby interrupting our sleep! If this is to heat the water to our room why can't it be centralized outside (on the roof of the hotel?) to heat ALL the water supplied to all the rooms? Or is this technology still unavailable in Cebu?
6.We like,and approve,that rooms are only cleaned when we ask,but ,for goodness sake,when replacing or renewing the toilet paper,leave at least two on reserve so we won't have to phone (or go down to the lobby!) for more every one or two days! It is embarrassing!
7.One very nice, and helpful innovation this year: instead of the 5% discount on our room fee for every week of stay we now got 20% discount for being Seniors! And this 20% discount applies whether we stay one day only or longer! Very thoughtful indeed! (The only other "innovation" you could also apply is NOT TO CHARGE the 100 pesos daily "rental charge" for the small fridge in the room as cold water is a necessity in the tropics!)
As for all other things, and amenities,we have nothing but praise.

Room Tip: We chose the cheapest room,on the 3rd floor,and almost at the back (a room in which we stayed for 3...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Casa Rosario Pension House? Share your experiences!