“Great Value, Good location, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Casa Rosario Pension House
101 F. Ramon Aboitiz St., Cebu City 6000, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 59 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Value, Good location, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here again in our recent trip....
Good value for location and quality of room.
Lot of places easily walkable in the area.

Last time we stayed for extended period and it was a good experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dumaguete Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I had to go for a seminar to Cebu on short term notice. 4 hours before arrival I called the Pension house. The front desk lady was speaking very good english and the phone volume was loud and clear. Not given in many pension houses in the Philippines and many times one need to deal with "sorry sir, say it again, I don't understand"

Arrived around 10 pm. check inn was painless, room on 3rd floor with balcony, air-con, cable TV and big bed for me as a big boy.

My shower was hot in 30 seconds, maybe it is different in other rooms. water pressure OK.

Wanted a bite to eat, but restaurant next door was closed, KFC was the only open place I could find in walking distance.

Room was quiet and I had a good sleep. (well I was up 16 hours, so no miracle). Also at daylight the room was clean, no stain or mold in the CR and shower.

Breakfast buffet was 120 peso, local style, but fine with me, for that price definitely ok.

I paid upon arrival so my checkout was fast and I headed for the seminar.

Maybe there are issues with ongoing construction during day, however, for someone who just needs a quick affordable room overnight I can recommend Casa Rosario.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
31 McCoubrie Ave.,W.S'shine,Vic.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

As we stayed in the same room now as we have stayed 3 times before (in 3 different years!) my review will primarily,but not only,cover our experience in said room and in the hotel in general.
1.Firstly,the lights in the room: They have redone them to the extent that there are now more lights,although, since the new installed lights are smaller than the previous ones, overall the room is slightly darker! (But passable nevertheless!)
2.The "old" venetian blinds in the room are still the same defective ones (one being smaller than the window it's supposed to cover while the other,bigger, one needs repairing!
3.The aircon unit still is unable to fully or satisfactorilly cool the room,specially in the hot afternoons.
4.The hot and cold water taps in the showers (and even in the wash basin) takes quite a while,to "master" or activate,or trigger,resulting in us taking mostly cold showers out of impatience! Why can't they install them so that one gets cold water when the "cold" tap is turned on and hot water when the "hot" tap is turned on (instead of waiting 5 to 10 minutes for the water to turn hot!)?
5.There is a heating gadget inside the room (above the clothes closet and just below the ceiling) which noisily turns on and off every 20 to 30 minutes,thereby interrupting our sleep! If this is to heat the water to our room why can't it be centralized outside (on the roof of the hotel?) to heat ALL the water supplied to all the rooms? Or is this technology still unavailable in Cebu?
6.We like,and approve,that rooms are only cleaned when we ask,but ,for goodness sake,when replacing or renewing the toilet paper,leave at least two on reserve so we won't have to phone (or go down to the lobby!) for more every one or two days! It is embarrassing!
7.One very nice, and helpful innovation this year: instead of the 5% discount on our room fee for every week of stay we now got 20% discount for being Seniors! And this 20% discount applies whether we stay one day only or longer! Very thoughtful indeed! (The only other "innovation" you could also apply is NOT TO CHARGE the 100 pesos daily "rental charge" for the small fridge in the room as cold water is a necessity in the tropics!)
As for all other things, and amenities,we have nothing but praise.

Room Tip: We chose the cheapest room,on the 3rd floor,and almost at the back (a room in which we stayed for 3...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
new york / chiang mai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

My first night was in a room facing a wall in the back, but I moved the next day to a better room with light, some rooms have been upgraded while others have not. Good foam mattresses, make a comfy sleep, breakfast is $3 extra, buffet and they will cook eggs. 15 minute walk to Ayala. and 15 minute walk to robinsons. Very friendly family owned place with wifi. I will come back again. 5% discount for cash payment. I paid 1140p a night.

Room Tip: end rooms are a better choice, though #01 and #02 face the street.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Aarschot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

this is a simple however very good choice when you are in Cebu. Rooms were clean, bathroom was nice, beds were excellent and good wifi at reception. My wife enjoyed the breakfast next morning. Price was 1300 PHP (for a room with 3 beds) which we tought was very good value (including aircon)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

With so much choice of affordable accomodation in cebu city i would not stay at casa rosario. I had the water to my room cut off 40 minutes prior to check out time, something i've never encounted at my many hotel stays around the world. When i questioned this i was basically told that it's normal practice, if so, inform the guests of this when they check in.

Room Tip: avoid rooms at the front of the building, too much street noise.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

simple accommodation but great experience, low rates, good breakfast, free internet, central location.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Casa Rosario Pension House? Share your experiences!