“OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sampaguita Suites JRG

You added Sampaguita Suites JRG to your Saves list
Sampaguita Suites JRG
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   JRG Building, Gen. Maxilom Avenue | 2nd Floor, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #30 of 81 Hotels in Cebu City
Cebu City
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

No hotwater in the bathroom. Electric water heater was out of order
Reception service was OK(front desk)

I booked the Hotel on Feb 17,
on 18th and 19th of Feb, I tried to cancell the Room of the Hotel
but cud not access!! and Finally I stayed the Hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites JRG, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for spending time to send this review. You could have requested for a room transfer at front desk and we would have willing moved you to another room. I hope that on your return to Cebu, you will still be a patron of our hotel and we'll do our best to serve you better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed here twice in January 2012. Having read reviews online decided it would be a good punt but being conservative I booked the single room so I wasn't wasting too much money if it turned out to be bad. Also I was arriving at 2am in the morning so only needed somewhere to sleep and shower. All the reviews pretty much sum up the place - the rooms are clean and on the small side but perfectly acceptable, staff were friendly, air con units are a bit noisy but I've experienced much worse. The real problem is the patchy wifi connection - you can get wifi all over the hotel but it cuts in and out all the time (even in the lobby area where it's supposed to be at it's best). I noticed someone in the lobby using wifi and asked if he was having better luck than me to which he told me he was using a mobile dongle as the hotel wifi was so bad! Second time I stayed I booked a double room - and actually the single was nicer. The double looked much more worn out! Again the wifi was intermitent and it got very irritating as I was trying to arrange onward travel tickets and it would not stay connected long enough in one session to let me book tickets. So the final result for me: single room is good value and great as somewhere to crash; double room is not such good value if you need or rely on wifi use (which, let's face it, most of us do nowadays!). I would have scored it considerably higher if they had the wifi working properly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites JRG, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your generous rating despite having a sad experience with our wifi service. Unfortunately, the local telephone company has not yet attended to our complaint but for sure we will follow this up.
We're happy to hear that you choose to keep coming back to our hotel. We hope that in your return, the wifi service would have been fixed. Thank for giving attention to this. We appreciate your comments. Until we see you again.
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Cheap basic clean accommodation in Cebu city centre. No restaurant but not really needed as so many places to eat close by. The basic rooms include cable tv, temperamental wifi and noisy aircon. All this for just over £15 per night for a couple (998 pesos)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites JRG, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for your review. Actually, we do have a restaurant that operates round the clock that serves simple basic dishes. We're so sorry to hear about the air conditioning. We'll take a look at that room and have Maintenance check it. It would have been better if you'd let the staff know about this so that front desk could have transferred you to another room.

We will make sure that preventive maintenance is practiced to avoid these incidents from happening again. Thank you again for your constructive review. We'd be happier to hear the next time you visit us that the money you spent is worth the service quality that you experienced.
Quezon City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is one of my favorite places of stay whenever am in Cebu on business trip. This is almost home as the people already know my preferred room. Since am one of the people who stay long hours in their lobby to work on my computer, they will anticipate my preferred table, which is next to the electric outlet and prepare the extension cord for my laptop and other gadgets.

In my recent stay here, i witnessed a remarkable display of honesty by one of the Sampaguita Personnel. A guest had left about Php8k in the room. The housekeeper immediately alerted the front desk, who immediately called up the guest's cell phone number. The guest was so grateful for the honesty of the staff.

Now that is an extra reason for me to keep coming back to this hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel has very high occupancy. Better to book via online than risk walking-in.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites JRG, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. We, at Sampaguita Suites JRG strive hard to extend hospitality and honesty to our guests even after they have checked out of the hotel because we believe that in pursuing this value, we ensure the hotel of returning guests and our reputation will be passed on to others more who are looking for a good place to stay in Cebu.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

it is strategically located right there in the heart of cebu uptown area. unfortunately, the rooms are too small. one time i was placed in a room with a leaking ceiling. another instance was with an airconditioning unit that was more of an overheated electric fan.

avoid their laundry service. i ended up with clothes not mine in my bag of fresh laundry.

some staff are not polite.

wifi sucks big time that you would end up camping in their reception area which too hot if not mosquito infested.

its a long climb from the ground floor. often than not, no one is there to offer to carry your bags to the reception area.

Room Tip: not at all a happy place to stay.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites JRG, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
In addition to our last letter reply, we realized that you have stayed at our hotel last year Dec 2011.

We suggest that you visit us again this time and compare the difference.

The Wifi is now made available in the rooms. Our bellman is now regularly assigned at the entrance door of our lobby to assist you with your luggage, and a security guard is stationed at the ground floor on the stairway as well.

We have conducted 2 major seminar trainings for our staff to ensure good service to our guests.

The room defects that you mentioned have already been fixed a long time ago.

We really hope that you can visit us again some time.
Bacoor, Cavite, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I have been to Cebu many times because of my work and this hotel is the place where I stayed most. This hotel is accessible to restaurants, malls, bars and a lot more, you can find almost everything here. The staffs are friendly and accommodating. The hotel is WIFI ready so you don't need to go out to the computer shops. The price is okay compare to the other hotels within the area.

If your on a tight budget but want to relax and be comfortable, Sampaguita Suites JRG is the place to be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites JRG, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for the kind words. I just want to correct you about our Wifi facility. Wifi is available in the restaurant area and the lobby- rooms are not Wifi equipped. I wouldn't want to mislead nor misinform our readers and future guests.

Please continue being our regular patron and refer us to your friends.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed there for 2 nights on our 1st night the room is so small hardly to move around the bed is matrimonial according to the receptionist but looks single bed for me well bigger than that but im sure its not a matrimonial size. The room was on 2nd floor with a window hardly slept due to noise. The day after i wanna cried when i woke up i dont feel relaxed rather feeled stressed out. The saving grace was on the our 2nd day we tranferred to 3rd floor which has already 2 beds bigger than the previous room alot better to think they have same price .The previous room should be for single occupancy not for double occupancy should be cheaper also to think you need to endure noise, small space.overall if the rooms are all like on 3 rd floor this is already ok for the price and its location.

Room Tip: Choose 3rd floor rooms away from noise outside the street
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Manuel P, Public Relations Manager at Sampaguita Suites JRG, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your comment. I hope that your experience has not dampened your desire to come back to our hotel. Your advise will be taken up to management in order to avoid further disappointments from future guests. See you again soon.