“A bit of a shame” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Cebu Parklane International Hotel

You added Cebu Parklane International Hotel to your Saves list
Cebu Parklane International Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Archbishop Reyes Avenue | Corner Escario Street, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #24 of 78 Hotels in Cebu City
Woy Woy
“A bit of a shame”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

My Wife, our 16 year old daughter and myself stayed at this Hotel. The greeting when we arrived at the Hotel by the Porters was very refreshing. We stayed there for 2 nights.

On the first Morning we were there.... after we all had our showers and were fresh and dressed,... we went downstairs to the Reception to have our breakfast only to find that we were meant to have breakfast as part of their ' ROOM SERVICE". This was NOT explained to us on checking in,... nor were we given a breakfast menu at the time when we checked in by the reception. This was not good...
So we filled out our breakfast menus and were waiting in the foyer.... only to discover that when our breakfast was prepared... they had delivered it up to our room.... so ,.. back in the elevator we went to have our breakfast.( Needless to say.. the BREAKFAST MENU was re-printed so many times that the print on it was virtually impossible to read... very faint print. )

They also gave me back money when we were checking out and they told me that they had made a mistake when I originally booked on line and " OVER-CHARGED ME" ???????

Room Tip: Make sure your breakfast for the next day is arranged before you put your head on your pillow.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Zürich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

I can cope when the door key, the warm water or the aircon isn't working properly, like that was the case in Parklane, as long as it is fixed when you complain. What I find completely inacceptable is when clear flaws are not adjusted and staff doesn't even apologize, as it unfortunately also happened in Parklane. The leftovers of the roombreakfast were not dished out for a whole day, the next day breakfast wasn't served at all. On complaint, the very stubborn and self righteous receptionist staff tried to justify first with the fact there was just one cook, then with the pretext that the serving staff maybe thought breakfast had already been served since there was still the one of the day before... Instead of just plainly and simply apologizing and making sure that the breakfast is finally served. All in all, the worst hotel I've been in so far in the Philippines. Only positive mention: the bellman helping to bring the luggage to the car politely apologized after following the hilarious discussion at the reception. He should be made director of the place I guess.

Stayed January 2014
Manila, Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our company sponsored a Business Planning Session in Cebu and chose Cebu Parklane International Hotel. We were all excited to be there. The traffic was heavy from the airport going to the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, the welcome at the hotel was not as warm as expected. Our morning snacks came late but the food was good. We did not eat lunch at the hotel but still came back to continue the Planning Session. The hot water for the coffee was not maintained "hot" but they were prompt to replace when we called their attention. Our session was at the 2nd floor but there was no comfort room at the 2nd floor, you need to go to 3rd floor. It took a while to complete the check-in process (I wish check-in counter will be more organized and systematic). When we finally entered our room there was no tv station. We thought we just do not know how to set it up but upon calling the lobby, they told us that there is no signal. The room is organized, the beds are comfortable, the housekeeping of the CR is an area of improvement for them. The breakfast buffet was great. They got a good selection of fruits, salads, fresh bread, cheese plus the local foods like dried fish, longaniza, etc.
Checking out took a while also (similar system as in the check-in).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

This is a decent hotel The location is good, close to a major shopping and dinning area. The only issue I have had was that the internet was not working so great in some rooms. I stayed here twice, was better on the 7th floor, but not as good on the 12th floor.

Room Tip: Unless you want to spend 1800 pesos on the breakfast alone, Try to select the "in-bed breakfast...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Companies all over the world are looking to save on travel costs and accommodations, so if you're looking for a reasonably priced business hotel in Cebu, the Cebu Parklane Hotel is your best option. The service at this hotel matches the Marriott or even Marco Polo Cebu. Checking in is a breeze (I've visited Cebu for work numerous times and I've never waited more than 5 minutes to complete my check-in). The rooms are very clean, the bed is comfortable, airconditioning is easy to manage at your comfort level, and the room fridge has a good stock of local snacks in case you're hungry in the middle of the night.

The Cebu Parklane is smaller than the Marriott or Marco Polo, but it is centrally located. If you are looking to shop, the Ayala mall is less than 3 kilometers away (less than PHP 50 cab fare or a little over $1). If you are in Cebu for a business meeting, particularly at the Cebu IT Park, the hotel is about 5 kilometers away (about PHP 60 cab fare). The room generally comes with free breakfast served from 6:00 am to 10:00 am daily. Do NOT miss the breakfast buffet. You get a good choice of salads, a variety of local fruits, fresh bread, a good choice of cheeses (I'm a fan of Brie and blue cheese), and the local favorites served with garlic or plain rice (danggit, corned beef, longaniza, etc.). The brewed coffee at Parklane is perfect.

There are newer and bigger business hotels in Cebu, but Parklane is my choice in Cebu.

• Stayed November 2013
Alberta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

stayed at this hotel 1st week of November 2013.
my own opinion - I will not go back and will not recommend.
Hotel is old and dirty, beds very uncomfortable, the bathrooms seriously need major update, old TV and no Fridge. I paid P2,200/room about $56 CDN/night plus 22 percent taxes.
the room have a phoneline but cannot make free phonecall- even within the city.
to make a phonecall- you have to go to the lobby behind the reception area where they have a public phone. But still you have to go through the operator to make a phonecall! - so my reaction was? it is a very ***** arrangement!
the Buffet at Manuel's was pricey for the cold food!

I had no option because it was "Yolanda" typhoon time and I was stuck at the hotel for 2 nights.

the only good thing about the hotel was - LOCATION. close to AYALA if you like Ayala.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I expected worse from the hotel when I read the reviews. However, I can't say it was the worst hotel. It probably doesn't live up to being a 4-star hotel. I'd say it should be considered 3 to 3.5 stars.

The location is close to a lot of other hotels. We were happy that it's just a good 5-10 minute walk to Ayala Mall Cebu.

The room is fairly decent but the carpets can trigger allergies. The TV is flat-screen but still CRT. It should be updated to at least an LCD or LED already.

The shower temperature can be erratic at times. The bath tub squeaks with every step. The hair dryer is does not have enough power to dry anything.

The breakfast buffet is okay. Nothing spectacular but decent enough to fill a stomach before a long day.

The function room is okay although the carpet is terribly dusty. The food served during snacks are not expected from a hotel- mostly random bread/pastries you can get from a local bakery for 20 pesos. The lunch meals are slightly better. I was disappointed that they did not bother to set up the tables for the second day of the event and just left the table as we left it the previous day.

Don't even get me started on the common restrooms for the function rooms. They were terrible. Definitely not hotel caliber. If you need to go to the restroom during an event, just go up to your hotel room instead if you can.

I was terribly disappointed at their hotel restaurant Kan Anan. Not only was the place open air, the food choices were limited and the buffet area did not have any cover. The food were no longer hot and when we requested for freshly grilled chicken, we were told to get from the chaffing dish with cold grilled chicken. It was a sad sad buffet. I did not get any feel of it being a hotel restaurant or a decent restaurant at all.

Also had a horrible experience of the front desk staff waking me up and calling me up at 5 am just to check if I was going to be the one to check out later that day. (Checkout time is 12nn!) I don't think that they should do that for any reason except an emergency.

Again, it's not the worst hotel but it needs to fix so many little things. I hope the hotel management gets to read this and improve in case I need to go back here for another business trip. Otherwise, I hope we get assigned to a better hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Been to Cebu Parklane International Hotel? Share your experiences!