“Commendable Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cebu Parklane International Hotel

Save Saved
You added Cebu Parklane International Hotel to your Saves list
Cebu Parklane International Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Archbishop Reyes Avenue | Corner Escario Street, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #20 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Legazpi
“Commendable Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel set-up seems to be of the classic 80’s, the lobby, restaurant, frontdesk and rooms. Upon checking-in, one can feel that they were most willing to extend assistance to make one’s stay pleasurable. As part of our anniversary trip, I have requested for a complimentary drink or cake, and the frontdesk lady asked for the time I wanted it in our room. But since we came in late, I found a note on the doorway, asking me to call so they can bring the cake to our room. I was so sleepy to give them a call, but after our breakfast the following day, I got a call asking if they can bring the cake in. That was so nice of the staff, despite of their busy day they found time to follow up guests’ request. Inside our room, they’ve placed more than the basic amenities, very good air-conditioning, I just found the double bed a bit small and wished there were two night tables on both side of the bed. Though the window was quite small, we got a good view of the mountain. The bathroom shower was a problem, water was all over after a bath, the shower head was too big for the space. Also, mildew were on the soap dish and the amenity rack. Just a little refurbishing for the hotel will do, the staff completes the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Location is good, The breakfast is alright, though they told us that only 1 person is free (when i booked in for 2 and its a room rate not PP) Had problems with check in. they told me I suppose to be there the night before which is the time i booked in online (not a good welcome to us) and that took ages just like in check out. Shower Knob is broken, Aircon has masking tape on the side. lamp shades is broken.. they handle my booking details bad from check in to breakfast to check out. Not coming back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I had a good stay in this hotel . I love the rooms. The food are good. I had a good workout on the gym and to the spa. The staffs are nice. I will definitely come back here. Near Ayala Malls. Its really nice to live here. When I need to buy things the malls are so near. I love the pool but the internet is so slow.

• Stayed August 2013
Canterbury, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

A good. comfortable hotel with a great breakfast in bed promo when I stayed there for P2,400. Rooms are good sizes. Staff were all very accommodating and made it a pleasant stay. They were also very helpful when booking the room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Cebu City, Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We spent our New Year's day in this hotel with my family. Even on the day we reserved the room over the phone, the staff was friendly. We originally planned to stay here last December but because my son got admitted in the hospital, we had to move the booking date and they were so willing to assist us.

The place is in the heart of the city, so it's very accessible to everywhere most especially to Ayala which is a few minutes away. But since we felt so lazy to even go out, we had our dinner on our first night and had our complimentary breakfast buffet the next day in Manuel's Restaurant. Not the best food, but good enough and worth coming back and had a reasonable rate.

I also got to spend some me-time at their swimming pool while my baby was asleep in the morning. It was just relaxing especially there were not much people around yet. My son joined me after 2 hours and he loved it, too! We had an awesome time swimming together plus it also has a nice view with all the buildings surrounding us!

Before we checked out, I ate at the Merienda Cena buffet, just down the lobby. It was just snacks I ate but I felt like it was already a full meal. We had a great family time in Parklane!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Been staying here while on a business trip for 6 years now. Though our company has accredited other Cebu hotels, Parklane is my preferred hotel still due to its location, food and service.

The Good:
1. Kudos to Rochel of the Front Office Team. Fast and efficient checkin amd checkout

2. Breakfast - Extensive choice. No complaints, great food. I love their red egg salad.

3. Room - No problem with AC, big bed, room service efficient

To Improve:
1. One of the breakfast staff, a guy, just kept on passing by my table while serving this Caucasian woman everything she is asking for, like salad from
The buffet table. I was waiting for him to at least ask if I wanted water or coffee. The day after I asked him where the glasses were and he just shouted to another team member. Good for you I didn't ask for your name or you woulda been fired. The next time I'm there and I see you again and you are still the same, I will make sure I exhaust all options to have you kicked out of Parklane.

2. Housekeeping too early. Do you have to knock on my door at 10am? I know I forgot the DND sign, but seriously? 10am. You even forgot my newspaper on the day of checkout.

All in all, minor issues and great experience as always. Kudos to the staff (except to the guy at the resto)! Special mention to Rochel of the FO Team, the greeters who I think are OJTs, the guards and taxi callers and the chef of Seafood Diablo - i love it!

• Stayed June 2013
Mandaue, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Parklane is a great hotel at a very reasonable price. You'll be surprise you've only spent this much at a hotel so elegant and complete with all the amenities.

The best part of staying in Parklane is its location which is in the heart of the City, very close to Ayala Mall and it has a excellent eat all you buffet restaurant at a very reasonable price. And the food and choices is really very good, taste so good.

All the rooms are spacious, neat & clean.

Room Tip: Hmm, i'm not really sure of the other rooms but the cheap rooms we got at is already. Perhaps ev...