“Well Known Hotel In Cebu City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cebu Parklane International Hotel

Save Saved
You added Cebu Parklane International Hotel to your Saves list
Cebu Parklane International Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Archbishop Reyes Avenue | Corner Escario Street, Cebu City, Philippines   |
Ranked #19 of 77 Hotels in Cebu City
Victoria, Canada
“Well Known Hotel In Cebu City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is just off the downtown area of Cebu City. It is well known to the taxi drivers and the local people. It is 16-17 storeys high and off a very busy street. It is close to a large mall and many places to eat.The rooms are clean and a good size.Check in and check out worked well.We particulalry enjoyed the rain shower head in the bathroom.The pool is on the 4th floor as well as the exercise room and an entertainment bar.There is a good buffet breakfast. Wifi is intermittent and I found it did not work in our room but did work in the hallway and by the club room on the 4th floor. The staff are very pleasant but not always knowledgeable. The one major downside of the hotel is the noise from the traffic which goes all night and noise from the 4th floor particularly if there is music or a late partying group.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Southbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I checked in January 11, but made online arrangements since August. Shocked when I handed my booking reference and was asked to pay outright for the duration of my stay. Really, first time I ever heard of this, so I said OK, no problem, paid everything in cash and another P500/day for 3 days since it falls on Sinulog Festival, so I said it's fine. But, they still want my credit card, since I might be charging for services or for using their mini bar. Breakfast is OK, not a wide selection, staff were friendly bunch. Security, is a downgrade for me, since people can just go up to your room and knock on your door. I don't liked that at all, especially for a 4star hotel. Room is comfortable, clean, slept well. Not far from Ayala, crossing the roads is like taking your life in your hands, but, survive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Azusa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Our American friend was interested in visiting Cebu. We decided to booked 2 Superior Room with one Queen Bed at Cebu Parklane for 3 nights. Since we will be arriving late at night I spoke to a certain Kathy and requested for a RT transfer. She had quoted me P700.00 airport to the hotel and P400.00 hotel to seaport which is a shorter drive. I agreed. Upon checked in one of the girls convinced me to pay additional P200.00 a night for an upgrade to a bigger room with 2 beds. Our room was dark and dated than our friend, with 2 twin beds. The cold and hot water when you take a shower was unpredicted. It comes and go which was kind of frustrating. Breakfast buffet was nothing special. The 2 streets that you have to cross to reach Ayala Mall is so dangerous and chaotic. Upon check out one of the girls handed my husband a piece of paper to sign. He thought it was a receipt that our bill had all been paid. A van drove us to the seaport. While wating for our ferry, I checked our guest invoice and was in disbelief to find out that we were charged P915.00 for the short drive to the seaport. I called the hotel and questioned it. My agreement with Kathy was only for P400.00. They insisted that my husband had signed a request for a VAN. It does not make any sense. They should charged you the amount you had previously agreed, for whatever transportaion it may be. Lesson learned. Be careful especially when you are a foreigner. This hotel will find a quick and easy money from you. Checked the room before you pay for an upgrade. Checked every details and charges before you walked out. This hotel is not worth the money we had paid.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed 3D/2N on triple-sharing. At first I wanted to nitpick about CONS: Old-school "manual" settings for the light switches (had to turn them on one-by-one, no central control panel), the airconditioning unit that was too cold despite repeated adjustments on the first night, the confusing TV RC that needed Housekeeping's help to operate, the lack of electrical outlets near the beds, and an almost shabby-looking bedframe (torn near one corner), and our room's phone line was disconnected for an entire day, for some odd reason.

But the PROS changed my mind: Delicious and abundant breakfast buffet (Wide assortment. Try the crispy dried fish, scrambled eggs (nomnom!), pancakes, fresh fruit, veggies, etc, etc); Complete bathroom amenities and in-room house slippers; Friendly staff; Quick clothes pressing services; Walking distance to the Ayala Mall (barely 5 mins away), walking distance to the popular NEONEO grill resto.

My own story: Rushing to leave for my appointment, I forgot my dental retainers at the lobby restroom . Housekeeping found it and had it safely kept. Later that day, I called in to report the missing item, and had our driver bring my authorization letter and pick up my item. Front Desk didn't release the item because my note didn't match the location where it was found (I had written my room number instead). A bit of an inconvenience to have to return (had already checked out), when I realized that their effort at "accuracy of information" is well and good for the protection of the customer against would-be posers. The dental retainers was returned to me, well-wrapped in cushioned tissue and paper, and I was asked to sign on a release/receipt form. Good job, guys!

Room Tip: If you find things not working alright in your room, call Front Desk or Housekeeping right away. Th...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at Cebu Parklane for a month during a business visit. It is one of the best International hotels with great amenities & customer service. Lavish Breakfast, great pool & jacuzzi, near to Ayala Mall & Cebu Business Park. Worth for corporate tie ups. Highly recommended

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Pros: Wide selection of our favourite breakfast food (dried fish, garlic fried rice, ham, different types of cheese, bacon, fresh fruits, fruit juice, etc.); very clean room and polite staff.

Cons: Had problems adjusting hot/cold water in the shower.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Mandaue City, Mandaue, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

To summarize our terrible experience, Parklane made us wait for 4 HOURS before they checked us in our room. We arrived at the hotel at 12NN, and was advised to come back at around 1:30-2:00PM since the room was still being cleaned. This was understandable since technically, check in time is at 2PM. We decided to have our lunch first, and when we came back, we were told to wait for a while longer. Since we understood that it was really hectic, we waited patiently in the lobby, even if we had to deal with our two kids, an infant and a two year old. But, we didnt expect that our patience would be stretched to its limit. We were finally given our room at almost 4pm, but not before we had to fight with the reception people. Had we not complained about it, we probably might have stayed in the lobby until God knows when. We also noticed that some guests who came after us, where entertained and given their rooms first. To say that it was a terrible experience is an understatement! We wont ever recommend this hotel to anybody!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Cebu Parklane International Hotel? Share your experiences!