“Davao: BURGER Is Here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Backyard Burgers

Backyard Burgers
E. Quirino Avenue (Right Across ICOHNS Tower) | Inside Pard’s Compound, Davao City, Mindanao 8000, Philippines
82 285 1377
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 299 Restaurants in Davao City
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Davao: BURGER Is Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

To tell you the truth, I wasn't much of a fan of burgers. Growing up, I didn't feel jealous or envious when I see someone having the time of their lives eating a burger.

And then, Backyard Burgers happened.

It started as a courtesy to someone I know that I decided to try it out. Oh boy, that was the best decision I made in my life.

I am a lover of cheese and anything dairy so it would just be right for me to try their Cheesy Bacon Burger. The kind waitress politely told me that it will take around 10 minutes before my burger is ready to serve. It was a reasonable waiting time so I didn't have a problem with that. I specified that I want my patty medium rare and they didn't have a problem with that. PLUS ONE! It's always a plus to me when a restaurant puts the preferences of their customers first.

The thing that got me interested with BB is that their patties are charcoal-grilled. When I say it's charcoal-grilled, it really is like the kind you do in your backyard when you hold a BBQ party at home (hence, the name). I was seated in one of the outer tables of the resto so you can just imagine how mouth-watering the smoke that comes out of the grill was.

I ate at their mother branch which is located along Quimpo Blvd., just a few yards from SM City Davao. In my opinion, it was a great place. This part of the city isn't frequented by most Dabawenyos so it's rather quiet and peaceful. So, even if you stay outside the restaurant, you will not worry of having an instant road dust foundation and smoke-belched mist from large vehicles.

At last, my order arrived and goodness! My jaw literally dropped at the sight of the burger! It's freakin' huge! For a fraction of a minute, I didn't know how I could finish such a big meal. But hey, it's rude to not finish your food so I decided I would try my best. My knees weakened upon seeing the sight of cheese dripping on the sides of the patty. It's such a generous serving with tomatoes, lettuce, onions, another slice of cheese apart from the melting one, and bacon toppings. I tried biting it from the top bun to the bottom bun but my mouth felt like it would tear apart (and I have a big mouth, mind you. That's how big it is.)

I had the best 20 minutes of eating time in my life! It was already a meal. I mean, I seriously didn't feel the need to eat for the rest of the day that time.

Since that day, when someone tells me to go hang out and eat burgers, there's only Backyard Burgers that comes to my mind. I guess it's true when they say that once you go black, you can never go back.

So Backyard Burgers, I blame you for bringing out the burger addict in me. Here's to more delicious burgers and happy customers! Kudos!

• Visited March 2014

Puerto Princesa, Philippines
“Japanese Oiiiishiiiiii WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I went with my kids and tried their chikiting trio for the kids and Japanese Oishii Burger for myself. It was a perfect way to spend a regular Tuesday night with the kids. We had a wonderful meal and a great time.

• Visited July 2014
Davao City, Philippines
“Best Burger I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I love going to Backyard Burgers whenever I crave something delicious and just right for my tummy. I've never been disappointed by the food and the portions are very generous. The quality of food is great! It's all freshly made and the fries are perfect, crunchy and not too greasy!

They also have patty cooking options, but they recommend medium well, which they clearly specify. If this bothers you, stick to well-done instead.

The place is nice and cozy and the location is great as well as the prices.

The Gashroom and the Korean Burgers seem big in BB. These were the best ones I tried.

Take away or eat in.

• Visited June 2014
Davao City, Philippines
“If you're looking for the best tasting burgers in Davao, it's here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The freshest charcoal-grilled burger you can ever get in Davao! Premium beef that's not frozen but chilled. Custom-made buns that're never served stale and the freshest greens and toppings! Not to mention its flavorful sauces you can't find anywhere. Backyard Burgers may serve one of the most common food but its unique and uber tasty flavors is what makes me and the others come back for more! :D

• Visited July 2014
Davao City, Philippines
“Backyard Burgers as one of my Getaway Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Burgers here are huge, yummy and are to die for! Whenever my friends and I are craving for burgers, the roads lead us to BB. I just love eating here. More power BB! The best <3

• Visited April 2014