“It's the Bird show!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 58 things to do in Davao City
14 attraction reviews
“It's the Bird show!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

The bird show was cool! It was an hour of education and fun. The birds were really the main attraction. There were parrots, chickens, hawks and ostriches.
They served a lunch buffet. The food is not exceptional but very filling. They have a make your own halo halo station with choices of ice cream. The lunch was served in a great big hall, where decorations and settings were nostalgic of a rich Philippine bygone era.
There were also a butterfly farm, playground and a great garden with very beautiful flowers and foliage. Pieces of Abueva art are scattered to tinkered and enjoyed.
It is a very good experience.

Finnoy, Norway
7 attraction reviews
“a great day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

malagos garden resort is a pleasant place to take the family to.
a lot of wonderful plants and birds.
malagos also has a good restaurant and a swimming pool.
location suitable for a day trip, can also be combined with a visit to the Philippine Eagle Centre, located near by.

Visited April 2011
Vancouver, Canada
“The Dancing Ostrich (Live)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

We went to this Malagos Garden Resort as recommended by my niece, Grace and Donny Lim on Sep 1, 2010. We were not disappointed because we saw all kinds of orchids, plants, trees, butterfly and other attractions. Although some of these attractions similar to what we had seen during our trips to Palawan (Butterfly), San Diego Zoo (birds & animals), Mexico (plants and flowers), we were surprised by an impromptu performance by an Ostrich (dancing and human interaction) without any trainer around. I don't think the resort itself is aware about this treasure in their midst. Meanwhile, outside the Ostrich's pen is a rare albino Tamaraw or water buffalo.
See the on You tube this performance::

You may need to copy the url link into your webpage if clicking it does not work..

Enjoy.

Bostwick, Florida
“I love the bird show and butterfly sanctuary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

I love going back to this place. At the start we watched a bird show then after that we roamed around the Malagos Garden Resort. After how many hours of taking pictures and sightseeing, we stopped by to eat. I love mangosteen and rambutan. Its our first time to eat that kind of fruit. I love the food. we loved watching the ostrich and the butterfly sanctuary its like a fairyland. we also happened to visit some of the dissected butterflies that being put in the frame. we bought some of it. its a nice experience and learning we had in Malagos Garden Resort.

New York City, New York
“Tourist Trap”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

Went for lunch, which I thought would be a nice one since this is a farm! We were offered a fixed menu (uninteresting choices). When we got to the restaurant, we found out that there was a more extensive menu with more choices. I guess cook did not want to bother cooking other dishes aside from the day's fixed menu. Service was lousy and employees looked uninterested. Our waiter was okay when he finally materialized. Aside from our food, we had to pay to enter the restaurant area. I was not interested in a walk since after seeing Eden Resort, this is a mini version. My husband thought you could really visit the farm. We were disappointed. I thought this would be a place to bring our guests when visiting Davao. Also cheese here is more expensive than their outlet in Agdao, Davao. Too bad. Was successful I think and they are just milking it now. Go somewhere else.