“The Garden Resort” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Resort Communities, Gardens, Mountains, Outdoors
manila
“The Garden Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2007

This is the first time in my life that i stayed in a garden resort. Malagos resort is a different experience for me. In this resort, there's a bird sanctuary, garden-filled park, lots of trees and other plants i never heard of, there's tons of fish ponds in the resort, you will see different kinds of ducks and birds roaming around the resort. The food is very good. You can buy fish, meat and veggies in the market and you can ask the resort to cook it for you. Room are not so good but its very cheap and comfortable. The people in the resort is very friendly. Overall, the place is fine, its not so luxurious, the place looks old but clean. There's also a pool and a gift shop.

A TripAdvisor Member
“A Lovely Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2006

We just came from Davao City with my husband and kids for the Summer Vacation. We knew of no one from the place as we wanted to try something new this time around. And we were suprised to find out how beautiful and peaceful the city is. That is to say, sometimes, we can't really believe everything we hear on the news. So we had our dose of the White Sand beaches in Samal Island. A mere 15 minute boat ride from the city, And of course, the city tour. Wanting a little more, a taxi driver suggested we go to Malagos Garden Resort. It took us around 45 minutes, paid around 150 pesos and we were surprised to find such a beautiful and peaceful Eco friendly Resort in Mindanao. They had the full amenities of a resort with accomodations, swimming pool, horse back riding, a bird park and feeding dome, an ostrich farm from which my husband enjoyed having his ostrich steak that night. And my favorite a butterfly sanctuary! What made my kids ecstatic was the Bird and Falconry Show which took around 1 hour. That is a whole hour with me and my husband having a peaceful time of our own since they were all glued on to the show. I must admit shame as a Filipino that I did not expect a place like this at all in Mindanao. And for artists out there, they had a Garden Exhibit of National Artist Abueva Sculptures all over the place. Definitely worth the visit!!!