“Not Impress with Function” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Seda Abreeza Davao

You added Seda Abreeza Davao to your Saves list
Seda Abreeza Davao
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   J.P. Laurel Avenue, Bajada, Davao City, Mindanao 8000, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Davao City
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
“Not Impress with Function”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

I attended a function by my company at Seda and I was actually a bit disappointed. Because it was one of the newest (and more modern) hotels in the city, I was expecting a spacious function hall and great food.
Well, their function area is really small compared to the other hotels'. Even the lady we talked to (who is in charge of the function hall) admitted that it really is quite small.
For the food, we were served lasagna, some stir-fried noodles, fruits and coffee. I liked the coffee but only because they have milk instead of creamer. The lasagna tasted was very dry and tasted like it was cooked the day before. Same with the stir-fried noodles, and I didn't even bother with the fruits.
I have to mention though that the staff are very friendly and accommodating.
If you want to know more about going around Davao and the best places to stay here, you can check out this article:

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear Ms Dee G,

Thank you for your comments. Our function rooms can accommodate up to 120 people but may vary depending on the event setup. We are looking into the way we prepare our lasagna and stir-fried noodles and we would like to get more details about the way it was served during your event. We have sent you a message through Trip Advisor so that we can communicate in private. We look forward to your response to help us improve in this aspect.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed twice in Seda Abreeza, Davao. Both times have been very comfortable. Great service, very helpful staff and facilities are adequate even for busy business travelers. The proximity to the Abreeza mall is also very convenient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Jose M,

It was our greatest pleasure indeed to have you again as one of our highly esteemed guests. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to your next stay with us. Warmest regards!
2020
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Good location beside Ayala Abreeza Mall.
Modern design. Clean and bright.
Simple and Comfortable Rooms.
Built quality a bit cheap, but still better than competition.
Good business hotel for those staying a few days in Davao.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear wallyQ,

It is our sincerest pleasure to delight and satisfy you. Thank you for your kind words and observations of our hotel. We look forward to you next stay with us. Best regards!
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are spacious, all though refrigerator is so small you can't put any of your personal items in.. There was a problem with electrical wiring of bedside lights because other side can't be turned on without turning on both sides.. Hassle if other occupant wants to sleep & the other still wants to read.. Bathroom floods when you shower cuz glass enclosure wasn't installed properly. Breakfast had few choices.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Antonino20,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your concerns and observations. We sincerely regret the inconvenience that you may have experienced. Rest assured that concrete steps are now being undertaken to prevent repetition of the issues you mentioned. Please give us another chance to be of service to you again. We promise you that you will experience marked improvement. Best regards!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had our class reunion in Davao from August 29 to September 1. Most of the Batchmates stayed at a lager and older hotel. There were two of us that chose Seda Abreeza because of its reputation for quiet and restful accommodations. My son earlier also booked himself at Seda and he was pleased. Upon arrival, I had lunch at my room, as I had some unpacking to do. The rib eye was very good! Done medium rare, it compared to some of the specialty restaurants in Makati! I had a real treat!

The place, like I said was quiet. No traffic noise, no running kids at the corridor, even breakfast was nice and quiet, with a good buffet selection. Not over powering, but neither lacking in selection of food. It was nice. Relaxing. And the staff courteous and efficient!

Check in and check out was a breeze! Pun intended.

Situated right beside Ayala Mall, it was convenient for shopping.

The only complain I have was that the aircon was rad to control. I woke up once sweating as the temperature went up on its own! Aside from this, it was a pleasurable stay.

Will I be back? Yes!

I am a satisfied client.

Room Tip: Select a higher floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Tiny M,

Thank you for your generous praise of our hotel. We are sincerely glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and do look forward to having you again as one of our special guests. Till your next check in... Warmest regards!
Pasig, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Seda is perfect for a business trip or a weekend hotel for the family as it conveniently located beside the Abreeza mall. This is a plus for me as dinning and shopping options in the mall are as good as Manila. The rooms are if adequate size and bed comfort (king) is average. The pillows are soft and comfortable and tea and instant coffee services are offered as well as the daily supply of water and toiletries which they are very generouse in giving. The employees are warm and try their best to please but still need further training. The lap pool and gym are quite good and a plus as some business hotel no longer carry both. Breafast is good but not excellent (orange juice is powdered not fresh) and quality is quite good but not as mind blowing as Sofitel (but this is not a 5-star hotel so it is as expected) everything was going very well and we were very happy until check out time when we were adviced that they cld not issue an OR which me and my collegue needed to have our stay reimbursed. They genuinely tried to explain but I can't for the life of me understand how an Ayala owned company did not forsee and plan to avoid such a problem. What is worste is that whn I asked to see the Manager on duty she refused to come out and the same frontdesk attendant had to reassure me and appologize. Sheez such impertinence and unproffessionalism I cld have been easily IRate but I refused to ruin my day because of her unproffessionalism. I would have expected something more from a floor manager. Because of this all the hard work of the kind frontdesk people ( making sure to give us an early check in and late check out accomodation), the dinning crew ( who wr very attentive), the guards, bellboys, and house keeping (who wr very courtious & efficient) was tainted and forgotten. Ayala management has to train their managers properly and acquint them on how to handle such situations. In the meantime I'm impatiently waiting for my OR so my Ph29thou bill can be reaimbursed before my cards due date. Hayyyy!

• Stayed August 2013
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Ms Mina M,

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We wish to thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Remedial measures are currently being done to rectify the situation and prevent a repetition of the incident.

We also wish to express our appreciation and gratitude for your other observations of our hotel.

We look forward to having you again as our special guest and we assure you that you will see marked improvement.

Best regards!
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. I loved the minimalist interior and exterior design. Location is good, it's right across Abreeza mall so you have lots of food choices if you don't want to eat at the hotel. The room is clean and had complete amenities. Pillows were soft. It was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear monique730,

Thank you for your wonderful and heart - warming post. We sincerely look forward to having you again as one of our guests. Best regards!

Been to Seda Abreeza Davao? Share your experiences!