“chic new hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seda Abreeza Davao

You added Seda Abreeza Davao to your Saves list
Seda Abreeza Davao
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   J.P. Laurel Avenue, Bajada, Davao City, Mindanao 8000, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 47 Hotels in Davao City
Cebu City, Philippines
“chic new hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. I loved the minimalist interior and exterior design. Location is good, it's right across Abreeza mall so you have lots of food choices if you don't want to eat at the hotel. The room is clean and had complete amenities. Pillows were soft. It was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear monique730,

Thank you for your wonderful and heart - warming post. We sincerely look forward to having you again as one of our guests. Best regards!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Geneva
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Came here for the weekend as I had a meeting and a few errands to run in town. The hotel I normally stay at was full so I was recommended this by a colleague.

So lets first start with the good things and the reasons why this hotel does not get a 1 star rating. Firstly its the location, right across from the mall, made is excellent for my purposes as I did need to buy a few essential supplies.

Secondly the staff cannot be faulted. They are very nice and willing to help when ever they can. I needed a late night errand and the hotel clerk was happy to help out.

So that was the good parts. Everything else has really been a huge disappointment. Firstly, my secretary has called in advance to ask for a room on a high floor. I was put on floor 4 out of 11. I had asked for a big room, I got a tiny room. So my disappointment started already with check-in. The room itself is ok, with lots of places to charge your phone and computer etc. So its ok, but nothing to write home about.

To the facilities. The hotel has only one restaurant (which is ok and you have the mall only a few feet away, but should expect more from a hotel like this) The restaurant itself is like a noisy army canteen and does not really inspire anybody to linger more than to chase down a coffee for breakfast. The breakfast itself is mediocre at best. The orange juice is some artificial cordial and the coffee is weak. The selection a previous reviewer called "quality over quantity", but to be quite honest the quality is quite poor, there is just very little of it.

The to the pool area. The pool area is tiny. I mean really tiny. 4 deck chairs, next to a pool the size of a bathtub. If you want to spend a few hours reading a book by the pool, one need to be there in the early hours of the morning to have a chance to find a spot, which is really not convenient. It actually spoiled my weekend.

The gym is decent and you can with a bit of effort get a decent workout, but it does not weigh up the problem with the pool and restaurant and breakfast etc.

I have one more night to stay here, and I seriously thinking for checking out early and find another place to stay. I will definitively not come back here to stay and I would not recommend any body else either to do so. The hotel is currently ranked no 8 in town, and I think that's about right. Its not a hovel but nothing worth spending money on and there are at least 7 other hotels in town you should pick before this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

An hour after we got to our room I found out our TV does not work. So I reported it ASAP and they sent their technician. I was advised that they had to move us to a different room cuz their was something wrong with the circuit breaker....what an inconvenience after I was half unpacked. The next day, I left at 10:30 and came back at 2:30 only to find out that our room was not cleaned yet. I immediately roported this to the front desk and no one can give me an answer as to why our room was not cleaned yet. So I told them to have it cleaned while I went swimming. I gave them a good hour to have it done. To my disappointment our room was not done cleaning after over an hour. The front desk clerk told me to wait another 15 mins. At this point I just went up to our room and told the 3 people cleaning to just give me fresh towels and get out. I had the manager on duty call me. All she can say is sorry. She could not give me an answer as to why this happened. So I told her an apology is not enough.....this is too much of an inconvenience already for a first timer in this hotel. We come to Davao frequently and we usually stay at Marco Polo.....So I guess we will be going back to Marco Polo again.

• Stayed July 2013
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Bammustres,

Thank you for your letting us know about your experience. Concrete steps are currently being undertaken to prevent repetition of the unfortunate incident. Again, our deepest and sincerest apologies.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Staying here for 3 nights on business and this my second night. So far so good! But contrary to its slogan, "Urban Lifestyle Hotel" for me it's more of an Urban Business Hotel. Abreeza Mall, which is across, is lifestyle, but Seda, not yet..

Service is excellent, it combines Davaoenos natural hospitality and Ayala's brand of service. Reservations and checking-in is a breeze. Found a few amenities lacking (dental kit and hair dryer) after showering at midnight. Requested it from guest services and they send it in no time.

Location is perfect. City center plus the convenience of living beside a lifestyle mall. The best for me compared to the "new" and "old" hotel of Davao.

Rooms are clean and modern. Above average but not luxurious. So don't over-expect. Ample illumination, good location of electric sockets for gadgets. Fitness center and pool is above average. But it closed too early at 8 pm. An extension of an hour or two will be better.

Breakfast spread is quality over quantity.

Highly recommended for business or pleasure!

Stayed July 2013
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Dongchua,

Thank you for your posted comments. We sincerely look forward to be of service to you again. Yes, Seda Abreeza Hotel is basically a business man's hotel but as we are located near Abreeza Mall, an Ayala property, we also want to be known as the proponent a a balanced work and leisure lifestyle . See you again! Warmest regards!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

one of the best hotel...highly recommend to everybody go and visit and enjoy the hotel...clean , modern and the shopping mall just across the road... you good value for the money,,, go and visit to see it

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear kiddo777,

Accept our heartfelt gratitude and delight on your comment about Seda Abreeza. Guests like you are the reason for our existence. We aim to not only satisfy but moreso, delight our guests. We sincerely look forward to having you with us again. Warmest regards!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Right next to a fantastic shopping centre in central Davao, this modern and squeaky clean hotel is excellent value (and I don't usually say that!). The rooms are well designed, with ample multi-plug sockets, so no need for adaptor. Gym is very good for short stay. Pool is very small, squeezed into tight space - OK for a short stay though. The only negative we found, was that some of the bright room lights can only be switched off with the main switch... Difficult to get a low light ambience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Seda Abreeza D, Manager at Seda Abreeza Davao, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear johnni147,

Thank you so much for your kind words and praise for our hotel. We truly look forward to having you with us again as our very special guest. Warmest regards!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on a 2 night business trip. It was my first time to try the new Seda Brand of Boutique hotels of ALI. I was not disappointed.

The property is in a good location in between the airport and city proper close to the old center of town. It's immediate neighborhood is basically the Abreeza development of ALI/Anflocar so you have across the street access to a lot of eating places and shops. Be aware that most of these close at 9.

The building itself is modern design with clean lines and smells new ( in fact in some places it smells of cement and construction) . So far all common areas finished properly with decent size and a small open business center on the lobby side. The service cafe sits just off the main lobby while function rooms are on the mezzanine floor. No red flags here so far. The hallway of the floor I was on smelled of cleaner. It was actually quite sickening but after a while i either got used to it or it wore off. Perhaps it's just the smell of the new carpet. In any case an irritation but not a big deal. Elevators have basic security feature requiring your key card to access the room.

The room itself is not big, perhaps only 25sq.m. to 30 sq.m. Well appointed with a nice flat screen tv, it has wifi , minibar and lots of plugs for your electronics. The bathroom was a bit stark but no real problems here. Water pressure was outstanding and toilet ammenities complete though I did need to ask for a second toothbrush and shaver. The bed was pretty soft so not really my thing but other people would find it very plush. I did find it irritating operating the light switches. For some reason the combination of bed and hallway light did not seem to work independent of one another. Another thing the bathroom corner is glass so if there is someone in the bath with the light on, the room is lighted. Some fit and finish issues but no real biggee.

Breakfast was a buffet but a perfunctory affair. There was a omelette stand which also served pancakes but the chef seemed overwhelmed. Service in the breakfast restaurant was ok but considering how any we were could be a bit slow.

Overall I would stay here again and recommend it to others. No red flags so probably depends more on budget at time of booking. It's a nice new clean hotel. I did not really get a boutique feeling and the service is ok but a bit mechanical, but its a nice property and competently run and easily among the best in Davao already.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views, no great views on both sides since it faces on to more buildings but...