“Great location, comfortable rooms and very friendly staffs!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Davao

You added Park Inn by Radisson Davao to your Saves list
Park Inn by Radisson Davao
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Kilometer 6, JP Laurel Avenue | Lanang, Davao City, Mindanao 8000, Philippines   |
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Davao City
Cainta, Philippines
“Great location, comfortable rooms and very friendly staffs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights and really enjoyed my stay. I was assigned at room 733 which is a standard room with LCD TV, mini bar, electronic safe, in-room tea and coffee maker plus a working station.

I liked the room that I got because it was facing the Samal Island. Rooms on the other side of the building has the SM Lanang Premier view. Anyway, the room is spacious. All amenities were clean and the bed was very comfortable, as well as, their pillows and blanket.

For the bathroom, it has no bathtub but I love the shower (rain shower head!). It is also equipped with all- in - one dispenser by Dove (bodywash and shampoo). Bathrobes and slippers are also provided. But no toothbrush and toothpaste, so you need to request one from housekeeping. Don't worry, the staffs are well trained and friendly.

Also, nothing beats the location, it’s just beside SM Lanang Premier (Mindanao’s 1st premier mall), and SM Convention Center. There’s actually a bridge way between the hotel and mall with a variety of restaurants and shops.!

I would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you want a room with the Samal view, you may request rooms with odd numbers. Even numbers have SM...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I've stayed in Park Inn by Radisson Hotel in Davao for 6 days and the experience was very fulfilling. The food was awesome, service was great, staff was wonderful and friendly. Cozy rooms and lovely amenities such as the swimming pool and the gym area, Convenient bridgeway that connects the hotel to the Sm Lanang Premier Mall. Excellent! Magnifico! :) I am definitely staying in Park Inn by Radisson Hotel the next time I go to Davao. It will surely give Marco Polo Davao a run for their money!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed here for the Holy Week break and we availed of their 50% off opening promo- great deal!

Happiness Index: kids with the pool, i was happy with the gym, my brother with the large cable TV in our room, my other brother with the buffet breakfast, and the ladies with the bridgewalk to the mall.

As mentioned by several reviewers, Park Inn Davao just recently opened and some inefficiencies and service breakdowns are still showing. Hope they address these issues soon: although check in was a breeze, check out took longer than necessary. The reception counter was undermanned though additional staff appeared moments later. Still, it took us long to settle our bills and receipts for miscellanous charges were not readily available.

On our second day, clean up crew showed up and tidied the rooms but left the trash cans still full and used coffee mugs and glasses were not cleaned up or returned to their proper places.

I used the gym twice. Nobody there to assist you but it is just fine because all you need are readily available unless you are not familiar with the machines. It is a small gym with respectable mix of equipment. But not hard core. Just enough for an adrenaline rush. On my 2nd visit however, all paper cups were already used up and no staff went in to replenish them.

We asked for an adjoining room upon check in and was told that we will get transferred next day as all rooms were full back then. We never heard anything about our request from anyone since.

Still on service breakdown, our table during breakfast was alteady full of used plates and cups but servers were not quick to bus out.

These are little things but should not be tolerated if the hotel is aiming for excellence. Not a deal breaker- yet- but can potentially become a bigger problem if not addressed well and quick.

Otherwise it was a happy staycation for most of the family members. We would definitely be coming back, and hopefully service will be much better the next time.

• Stayed March 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Right from the well featured standard room with safe, fridge, flat screen, WiFi, the no less than Dove brand for its shampoo and body wash, to its classy illuminated room number and the sink-into-me pillows, I was impressed. I had the most comfortable sleep in both nights I stayed in Park Inn. Right from the time I stepped in the room, I knew right there that the linens could not be less than 300 Thread Count - the pillow cases probably 1000! Not so sure. I swore I was going to ask the reception what kind of pillows they used. Then I forgot all together. It could be the kind of pillow that practically sunk me in, complemented by high TC pillow cases, that gave me the most comfortable sleep.

Park Inn’s RBG (Restaurant Bar and Grill) has this trendy and contemporary feel to it. I love their buffet breakfast! The cold cuts and the platter of cheeses won me over! Sumptuous spread of breakfast variety.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Krabi Town, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed only one night before a real early flight to Manila. The room was well appointed with ample power plugs and a good work area. Standard room has great showers, an overhead large shower head. Rooms are brightly coloured with good lighting which I like. A/C worked very well with a great controller. Left too early to have breakfast there. The staff were obviously new to their job on the front desk as it took 15 mins to check out three rooms and pay. Hopefully that will improve with a little practice. Located right next to new SM shopping centre. Just a walk across the pedestrian link takes you to 3 floors of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I went to Davao last weekend for the newly opened Park Inn by Radisson. It has a modern, bold and colorful interior in all areas of the hotel including their restaurant called RBG (restaurant bar and grill). We stayed in a standard room furnished with LCD TV, mini bar and a working station. The room is spacious and colorful the wall is painted yellow which is becoming more bold and noticeable when you turn on the lights near the head board.

Park Inn offers fresh and new hotel-experience. I must say that I had a great time in Davao, discovered a lot on food and enjoyed our stay in the hotel. It's just 15 minutes away from Davao Int'l Airport and city proper. A few minutes walk from the hotel to the newly opened SM Lanang Premier and SMX Convention Center.

Dabawenos are very warm and friendly. It's worth visiting and if you're planning to visit Davao, why not book your stay at ParkInn by Radisson.

P.S. They have a nice swimming pool and strong WiFi connection. Loving the meat and seafood grill at RBG (restaurant, bar and grill).

Park Inn by Radisson, Davao
J.P. Laurel Avenue - Lanang - Davao City 8000 – Philippines

Room Tip: you may request a view of the Samal Island or the newly opened SM Lanang Premier just tell them.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

When I read an article about Park Inn opening in Davao, I more or less decided that I will stay there as soon as it opens since I love Radisson Blu in Cebu and its from the same franchise. I called them up and was told that a room for three person (twin bed plus extra bed) would cost me Php 5,618.14 which already includes breakfast for three plus use of gym and pool and wifi access in your room. Apparently, they charge you separately for the use of pool and gym. So if you don’t plan on using these two facilities, you might want to emphasize that in your reservations to get a discount. The pool cost is Php250. I forgot to ask about the gym.

I asked them if they provide a shuttle from the airport and they informed me that they could arrange for this but it would be cheaper for me to just get a taxi from the airport. She quoted Php 290 as cost for the airport pick-up. I opted to take a taxi. The taxi driver was not familiar with Park Inn so I told him that it was near SM Lanang. We both found out that Park Inn was behind SM Lanang. Taxi cost was Php 113.00. I handed him Php 120, fully intending to let him keep the change but was hoping that he would at least offer to give me the change. He didn’t. I guess this giving back the change is not a common practice anymore in taxis.

I arrived at the hotel around 10am and was informed that the room was not yet ready. I asked if I could leave my bag so I could go to my meeting. They said it was okay. I asked them if I could fill-up the check-in form already which is a norm for early check-in. The girl informed me that I could do that when I come back. Weird.

I only found out, when my friends and I came back from the meeting that it was the hotel’s grand opening that night. Everyone was panicking at the front desk maybe because of all the VIPs. Checking-in took longer than usual considering that I was the only one checking-in at that time. All the receptionists couldn’t figure out if they were going to attend to my needs or to focus on the grand opening reception.

The room was in a small side but it was able to accommodate the extra bed we requested. The beds were all single beds (36x75) but had the comfiest linen and pillows. I’d say the linens had at least 300 TC in them. The fixtures in the room were all new so it was all working fine. The hairdryer though, was not that “powerful”. It took me longer than usual to dry my hair so for ladies out there, you might want to allot more time in drying your hair if you are going to use their dryer.

The breakfast buffet was good enough. Nothing to rave about but I guess its convenient to take it there. I know the hotel is part of a franchise so the decoration I assume is similar to all Park Inn hotels, but the breakfast area had a “cafeteria” vibe on it. Its because of the chairs and tables they’ve used. It’s hard for me to describe (and its not a deal breaker), but the breakfast area just screams “budget”.

The pool looks great! It was on a small side. Definitely smaller than the pool in Marco Polo but nicer just the same. Its 4-feet deep in all sides. We were the only ones using the pool at that time so its “smallness” was not a problem. But if there are more than a dozen, then I guess its going to be a problem. The pool was located on the 2nd floor and had a little bit of privacy so it was great. A bar was in the area so you can order snacks while you lounge in the pool.

Location. The hotel as I’ve mentioned, is behind SM Lanang so if you get bored, you can just cross the street from your hotel to the mall. Also, the SM Convention Center is also located there. There’s actually a bridgeway between the hotel and convention center. Imagine how convenient it would be if you are attending a convention. But if you have meetings downtown, this hotel is quite far considering the traffic in this area. My friend went to Matina area from this place and taxi fare was around Php 250. From here to Abreeza mall, its around Php 96-100. So if you have a lot of travelling going to the city proper, make sure you have a budget set-aside for the taxi fare and enough time for the traffic.

Room Tip: Ask for a discount if you are not planning on using the gym and pool. Don't pay for breakfast b...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Davao? Share your experiences!