“Can't beat it.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jazzy James Country Hotel

Jazzy James Country Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Davao City
Jazzy James Country Hotel
You added Jazzy James Country Hotel to your Saves list
Lacson Street, Barrio Obrero, Davao City, Mindanao 8000, Philippines   |
Ranked #23 of 114 Davao City B&B and Inns
“Can't beat it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at a few hotels in davao and manila. This was the only one with hot water and was the most inexpensive. Very clean. Only 2 years old. Across from victoria mall. Down the block from bdo, mcdonalds and jolibee. Dont know how anyone can complain about this one. Safe area. But no place on earth Is truly safe at night.

• Stayed April 2014

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Surigao
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The fiancé of my cousin booked our family in this hotel for 2 nights coz we'll have our "pamamanhikan" tonight (I'm presently at this hotel while writing). We had 3 bedrooms (2 are connected to each other). Upon entering the room, we found it so small (with double decks). We had no choice coz we're so tired travelling from a far place, and the fiancé might get offended if we transfer to another hotel.
Anyway, we're quite disappointed coz we have to call the "lobby" coz there's only 1 glass & 1shampoo&conditioner provided instead of 3. Water went out of the shower area & they don't provide a floor mat for people coming out of the CR.
Another thing, this country hotel has no country ambiance really, just a pictures frames of people wearing county attire. Well, I think this is like a dormitory kind of thing with double-decks.

Stayed March 2014
Cebu Island, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

1 day trip to Davao and found this near to my parents hotel. The room is okay but its like a dead end. No resto or coffee shop for breakfast. I had my coffee at the beside carenderia. However it is accessible to malls and airport. Maybe when il be back next time, the nearby Mcdo will be open!

Stayed February 2014
Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We were on an unscheduled trip to Davao and had made no reservations. It is a relatively new hotel near the business district and just a ride or two away from the other malls and parks.

The hotel as a whole is comfortable to the traveler, either business or for pleasure. The downside is the parking area which is only for at least five cars or only four really if you exclude the owner's car. Overall, my stay with my family was relaxing.

Room Tip: If you're not parked right at the front door, better get the door facing the street across where...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Butuan, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

very thin wall, we ca hear every sounds from the adjacent room - the opening of the bathroom door, flushes, the sneeze & the snores of the occupants, practically every noise. if you are a chismosa, you can hear the conversations of the occupants of the other room or even at the hallway. the double deck has no proper handle, very difficult to climb up & it is very high, very unsafe so what we did we brought the mattress down & sleep at the floor. The saving grace of this hotel are the price & its location, as it is very near to the shopping centers & restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was not able to make any reservations for my current trip to Davao and spartan as my travel style has been, getting last minute, affordable, comfy room to take that 40 winks is essential - especially when you are on a business trip.
Spartan meets Cowboy
Or at least a cowboy sounding name. Jazzy James. The famous six-gun shooter of the West in Southern Philippines? But there it was. As I was passing by Victoria Plaza on the way to the new Abreeza Mall, I glanced at the hotel's name and was intrigued by it. So after my morning meeting, I just walked up and virtually said "Howdy pardoner, got any room?" Yes there was one.
The hotel is really close to all you need when traveling, maybe not that close to tourist spots, but you are not far away from the Pearl Farm or Samal Island because cabs can take you there. (There are still no City Tours here, but that should change fast). Jazzy James Country Hotel is a few steps from Victoria Mall and while the hotel does not serve breakfast (the rate is pretty pretty affordable) MacDonalds is just across Victoria Mall.
The single room, single bed is spartan, but the bed is surprisingly comfy, aircon, hot and cold shower, room phones, TV and locks are working. There is a work table and a chair. For the price, a business work area is not expected. Staff is friendly and except for some construction hum, I got my 40 winks. Definitely staying here again if traveling by myself. For travelers with families who just need a place to lay down your weary tourist backs, Jazzy James Country Hotel is it.

Room Tip: Elevators are working, but just in case, get rooms on the second floor. And oh, did I mention there...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cebu City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

When I stay at an inn or a hotel, the first thing I check out is the bathroom. The hallways are white and clean. Reminds me a little bit about hospitals. Since the name is very country-ish, I was expecting wooden flooring, lassos and cowboy-related decorations but the owner limit himself to blown up posters of cowboys and horses. They also have free water refilling station in two floors which makes it convenient for guests to ask for refills--be it hot or cold. Just make sure you bring your own cup.

Jazzy James Country Hotel is convenient for business travelers. They have a restaurant downstairs and surrounding carenderias for guests with shoe-string budget. It is also located at the back of Victoria Plaza.

For the staff, they are helpful and accommodating. This was an awesome hotel and I recommend it to any traveler.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Jazzy James Country Hotel? Share your experiences!