“Sunday breakfast....” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 276 Restaurants in Davao City
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Eat. Drink. Davao.
Manila, Philippines
“Sunday breakfast....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Kusina Selera is by the entrance to a courtyard which I would surmise was a former residence/property of someone of importance in Davao 50 years ago (maybe even now). The restaurant is among a string of establishments within Paseo de Legaspi along Pelayo St (formerly Legaspi St) a few hundred meters from People's Park and in front of the yellow colored Fabie Hospital. We had breakfast here after mass and enjoyed our meal very much. The place is small but comfortable with an aged wood theme. My friend had chorizo, eggs and garlic rice which among the other chorizo breakfasts he claimed he had, had the right amount of spices mixed in which complemented the pork....which in turn complements the rice, egg and some vinegar. It comes served with browned garlic sprinkled on top. I had the bangus which is fried crisp which I partnered with eggplant omelet. Their coffee is very good, too. Over-all we were happy with our breakfast and we look forward to dining here for lunch and/or dinner next time we are in Davao. My only comment is: their coffee is good however it would be a bit better if they replace the small packets of sugar and cream that comes with your morning brew. A better coffee service would definitely complete the meal. Nonetheless, everything was great. PS - their service was very good, too! Very accommodating staff with big, natural smiles and warm reception.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Las Pinas, Philippines
“A Jewel in Davao!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have not been in Davao in almost 3 years and was so surprised with the many developments around the city. One of the new developments in the city is Kusina Selera which I believe is one of the best restaurantas I've been too! Their crispy pata is just simply to die for which was touted as the best in Davao City! The fat melts in your with a very crispy skin! I also enjoyed the inasal pork belly which was truly succulent. I had leche flan for dessert and it was just simply divine!

The restaurant is quite small and can only accomodate at least 30-50 in one seating. It is truly a must try in any Davao trip!!!

• Visited July 2012