“Your Average TGIF” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Davao, Davao City, Philippines
“Your Average TGIF”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

All of those who have ever eaten at a TGIF anywhere in the States will feel right at home at this restaurant in Ayala Mall in Davao. The decor's the same, as is the menu and the service. It's boisterous, loud, kid-friendly and generally fun, though in my advancing years I find the noise somewhat irritating.

The menu is standard TGIF, with lots of Tex-Mex, potato skins, steaks and fries, all of it prepared adequately, if with little creativity. Still, it's edible, filling and fair value for money. The drinks are decently sized, well prepared and the service friendly but scripted.

When my kids were young, TGIF's was one of our default restaurants. Now that I'm (much) older, it doesn't have the attraction that it used to for me. But that's because I've changed. the restaurant has not.

Visited February 2013

Manila, Philippines
“Good for the group...a large group!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Before flying to Davao, I researched around tripadvisor as to where in Davao could I bring a group of young men and women who recently graduated college. While the online site (and Abreeza mall for that matter) presented a lot of options, it was clear that we will end up at TGIF....and we did.
The restaurant is located at Abreeza Mall and it sits alongside other dining establishments facing the garden/parking lot. If you are inside the mall walking towards Debenhams, turn right when you reach the corner of Naturalizer (shoes) and TGIF will immediately welcome you with its loud burst of colors and funky music.
Not surprisingly, food was filling and good: chicken fingers (could be crispier and could use "more fingers"), fish and chips, pasta putanesca, Jack Daniel's porkchop (comes with either rice pilaf or mashed potato), unlimited tortilla chips + salsa (this is very good value - our group had 4 rounds), iced and their brownie obsession (2 big brownies with vanilla ice cream).
The good part, I was offered their Bistro Group card which comes with a lot of perks - one of which is a good 40% off on our bill that evening. Very good value! ...and the service from ALL its waiting staff is excellent. Good customer service!
By the end of our meal, everyone was full and content. Good Friday night.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, IL
“Family Dinner and Birthday Celebration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Large portions!!! Love the iced tea and the lollipop mudslide dessert. Wait staff is very friendly and accommodating. Special thanks to Yan!!! You are awesome!!!

Visited December 2012
Davao City, Philippines
“Best American Burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Typically in many restaurants here in Davao, you will be seated but you won't get the normal American service. Drinks may come when your meal comes and many times if you're eating with friends, you may watch them eat first as the food would never come out of the kitchen at the same time. But soon after the opening of T.G.I. Fridays in Davao, the great management and staff knows to wait on your right away and get your drinks and even appetizers to you ASAP. The food? I'm a regular there being American of course and needing my weekly fix for something that taste like home to me. Well all is worth the visit to T.G.I. Fridays at the Abreeza Mall and the bacon cheese burger is the only burger in Davao that taste just like you'd expect it to, thick, juicy and not Filipino beef. Even those great fries go down so nice. The staff offers the best service emulating the service you expect in the USA. I'm not sure why there web site http://www.tgifridays.com/ does not show this place and or location yet but should soon. Always a happy experience at TGIF and I highly recommend it if you're tired of rice and the other local food.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Angeles
“TGIF dinner at Abreeza Mall---a memorable night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Abreeza Mall is new and beautiful; it's large and cozy at the same time. Aside from the very good food at TGIF, the cordial staff is prompt and attentive. We had to smile when the servers, cooks and bartender surprised everybody with their enthusiastic dance routine:))) Talk about a joyful dinner---full racks of scrumptious Jack Daniels Ribs plus free entertainment with huge smiles! After your pick of yummy entrees, if you still have room in your tummy for dessert, may I suggest the Oreo and/or the Brownies. Who's counting calories? After a dinner like this, I assure you, you wouldn't care anymore:)

• Visited April 2012