“Simple and comfy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tinhat Boutique Hotel & Restaurant

and 1 more site!
You added Tinhat Boutique Hotel & Restaurant to your Saves list
Tinhat Boutique Hotel & Restaurant
Artiaga Street Next to NCCC-HB1-Polyclinic Davao, Davao City, Mindanao 8000, Philippines   |
Special Offer
FREE Breakfast and WiFi
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Davao City
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“Simple and comfy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed here last April 12-13, 2014 because I attended the Ting Hun (Chinese Engagement) of my friends (the girl's hometown is Davao). I stayed in Tinhat for just 1 night because I cannot afford to take leave during the busy season in the office.
Anyway, I booked 2 single/standard bedrooms via Booking.com because my fiance was also with me -- 1 room for each of us. The process was so smooth. I only needed to provide my credit card details to guarantee reservation. BUT! They did not charge anything in my credit card. The actual payment will be upon checkout. I booked 1 month before April 12 and I was told that I can cancel my booking on or before April 5 (1 week before April12) and there will be no charge! How cool is that? Of course, I did not cancel because the event pushed through. I had a good stay in Tinhat. Everything that's basic was provided. If you're in Davao to attend to something or to travel / see some places and sleep at a hotel with all your basic needs provided, then I think this hotel is just right for you. Just 1,000/night and your room includes the ff: air-con, tv (cable channels, not to mention), iron with ironing board (I was really delighted to see this when I entered the room. hehe. Feels like home!), refrigerator, table and chair, restroom (the shower comes with a heater!), and of course, very soft and comfy bed! :) I love the simplicity of the room. If you're just looking for a place where you can rest/sleep every night after your busy travels/adventure/events in Davao, then this is a good deal! :) Also, they have a simple restaurant downstairs where you can order basic dishes at an affordable price. Btw, the rate includes free breakfast. Breakfast time is 6:00-10:00am :) All staff are good and polite.

You can easily find the hotel. My fiance and I rode a cab from the Airport. Took us around 20-30 minutes. Paid 160-200php.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Nelljec, General Manager at Tinhat Boutique Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Mabuhay!

Thank you very much for your trust review on Tinhat's property. It's your home sweeter than home in Davao City and will always be! Your wonderful comments are music to our ears that somebody like you recognised our effort delivering superb service and amenities to each member of Tinhat's family.

We are continuing to improve the services and amenities that each member of Tinhat deserves.

Hope to welcome you again, soon!

Kind regards,
The Tinhat Family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

A good for place for Halal dining. Fragrant atmosphere and hospitable staff. Some don't know much with regards to tourist information but still helpful. Located near Roxas Avenue where the night market is. Free wifi in all floors. Free breakfast option but limited choices and small servings. Other menu items surprisingly have big servings for affordable prices. They allow you to leave your stuff even after check-out if your flight is later in the day. Fast check-in and check-out.

Room Tip: Get rooms on the 3rd or higher floors for less noise from the streets.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Mabuhay!

Thank you very much for recognising Tinhat's effort to make your stay comfortable. We always treat everyone as a family member, hence, deserving to be treated exceptionally beyond normal expectations.

It's always our honour and pride to deal each and every family member's a highness on his own right. So, the pleasure is ours!

Hope to have you again, soon!

Kind regards,
The Tinhat Family
Gili Trawangan, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Clean, comfortable and over the top quality service. They do it all right. I originally was staying a week, but with cloudy skies and on and off rain, and the comfort and service of this hotel, I extended another week. Strong Internet in the room, great news channels on TV allowed me to catch up on months of ignoring frends back home. And the restaurant is impressive, The fish Fillet is a recomendation as is the spicy Beef and Vegitable soup (They have some local name for it - just describe it and you'll be impressed)

Room Tip: I faced the street and some steet noise may disturb, maybe try the rooms facing the back. But is wa...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I recently visited Davao with my girlfriend who has family there.I cannot recommend this hotel more highly I stayed there for a total of four weeks in all, indeed returning twice from short trips to other locations where I hasten to add the hotels were not a patch on the Tin Hat.I stayed on the second floor in room 308 which I recommend highly if it is available,Clean and spacious with excellent air con spacious shower,fridge, 32inch led tv with several English Channels and and a couple of film channels.The bed is very comfortable with four plump pillows, continental quilt and crisp white undersheet.All the staff at the hotel are very friendly and courteous and nothing is too much trouble from a glass of water to hailing a cab.The Tin Hat is a short taxi ride away from the hustle and bustle of City life,taxis are cheap and plentiful.The food is good value for money and freshly cooked, Menu could do with a few more additions for western taste but on the whole is acceptable bearing in mind the hotel is relatively small but still adding the family feel.The price per night includes a free breakfast offering excellent value for money.I will be returning to Davao again this year and will definetley be staying at The Tin Hat as we were well looked after by the staff indeed making friends with several of them who I look forward to seeing again in 2014...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I booked this as a cheap place to crash upon getting into town on no sleep. I was skeptical due to the low price but gave it a chance due to the reviews.

This is a diamond in the rough.

While the surrounding area isn't exactly bustling, Davao is a spread out town to begin with. The hotel is a 10-minute walk from the Marco Polo and not much further from downtown.

The rooms were clean and offered great A/C, a comfortable bed, some of the fastest wifi I've found in Southeast Asia, and a fridge. The free breakfast offers a number of choices and is actually relatively good. The staff is very pleasant. The hotel itself is indeed a "boutique" hotel with a relatively small number of rooms. However, the hotel can help you with laundry.

Definitely worth it if you'd like to save some money. I was planning to move to the Marco Polo, but after having dinner there, I decided not to. Marco Polo's wifi can't hold a candle to this place.

Taxi drivers don't often know where this hotel is and not even the address helps sometimes, so have an idea where you're going. Unfortunately, Google Maps has this hotel in the wrong location, too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are nice and nicely decorated. Clean and well equipped with tele, fridge in every room and wifi internet. The surroundings are a bit noisy and it is not so near to amenities as it is quite far from the center.
As in more places in Davao a few times per day the prayers are audible from a nearby mosque.
The complimentary breakfast is simple but fair and offers a variety of choice from plated filipino breakfasts.

Room Tip: make sure the wifi is working in your room if you need that
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Kidapawan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

No choice but to attend in Davao; needed overnight accommodation. of all the choices, this proved a good one. all the modern conveniences with a unique rustic character. Very friendly helpful mature staff, who have obviously been there many years. Seemingly family owned and operated and the care shows. Arriving exhausted and suffering from flu after the day's commute and business, My immediate priority was check-in, shower, sleep. They were very understanding, Ultra-fast check-in and we was sleeping in a nice comfortable clean bed within 15 minutes of arrival, with thanks to them. They spoke english to me, I (obvious foreigner) answered in tagalog; no need for my wife to translate anything. Very smooth. Everything worked, wifi, hot shower, led tv, and the complimentary breakfast was a bonus. Quiet though convenient area. They very kindly provided directions to the closest convenience store at midnight, ordered mcdelivery for me, gave me water and ice with a smile. Excellent value for our money, we'll stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tinhat Boutique Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!