“Excellent food!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Telephone + 63 82 221 0888
Manila, Philippines
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went here for a late lunch after our Manila-Davao flight. Even if they were about to close for the afternoon (it was 2:30 and almost the end of their lunch service), they accommodated us. Only, we were warned beforehand that they were almost out of the dimsum buffet served during lunchtime.

We ordered ala carte--a plate of Spicy Seafood Noodles and Hakao. The noodles were fantastic, with lots of shrimp,squid, and crab and vegetables. It was good enough for 3 people. The hakao was also delicious. My only gripe with the noodles was that it lacked "spicyness, but I'm not holding it against them since it was almost closing time, and they did give us the spicy garlic chili oil, which was very very good. I mixed it with my noodles and then it became spicy.:P

I would love to try their other dishes (and the dimsum buffet) on my next visit to Davao.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Hen Hao Chi (Very Good Eats)!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

The moment you get off the Lifts and walk into Lotus Court, your senses shift & attune itself to the luxurious, modern Oriental warm interiors. Everything in the restaurant spells of chic Chinese opulence - from the Three Wise Men statues welcoming you at the Foyer between the Lifts to the reception area, the bar, the carpets, tables, chairs, wall treatments & finishing, gorgeous lights around the main dining area... everything comes together to transport you to a special dining spot right in the heart of Davao City.

The dining staff headed by a very capable, courteous and knowledgeable Restaurant Manager warmly welcomes me and walks with me to my perfectly laid out table while
exchanging pleasantries. In less than a minute, a towel and a fragrant, hot Jasmine tea is poured into my teacup while I intently go through the menu. He politely asks if he could assist me with the dishes Lotus Court has to offer which I could only gratefully accept, since I wanted to be assured of an excellent Chinese meal; and I was not disappointed.

From the choices of delectable Dimsum to the perfectly-cooked, piping hot Bamboo Pith with Prawns Soup, the Yin-Yang Garoupa (a Lotus Court signature dish), In-house made Tofu with Mixed Mushroom and Broccoli, 8-Treasure Chicken (a "crowd favorite"), the traditional Steamed Garoupa, Yang Chow Fried Rice and the heavenly dessert that will make you sigh and roll your eyes and gaze Heaven-bound (hence, the heavenly dessert!) - Dark Chocolate-filled Buchi.
<I will let the photos speak for themselves!>

Lotus Court at Marco Polo Davao Hotel.
A must for for all gastronomic seekers of the yummiest Chinese cuisine in the most magnificent ambiance and location this side of the world has to offer.

Hen hao chi!