“Great Hotel, Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases

You added The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases to your Saves list
The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Porras Street, Bo. Obrero, Davao City, Mindanao 8000, Philippines   |
Offers & Announcements
A Glimpse of Davao!
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Davao City
Manila, Philippines
“Great Hotel, Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

My friend and I got a twin room that was very spacious. I loved the bed, not too firm, not too soft. Has a flat screen TV, personal ref and everyday complimentary bottle of mineral water. The bathroom was clean and the hot and cold water functions well. There is just no cabinet but only an open divider where you can hang your clothes.

The front desk staff are respectful and accommodating. There is wifi in the lobby and if you have a laptop, they will provide you with cable for the room's internet access. But above all, what I can attest is the cleaning staff's honesty. I happen to leave my cellphone underneath my bedding. When we got back from the day tour, i found my cellphone tucked on my neatly made bed. I was impressed.

Complimentary breakfast is at the restaurant near the lobby. The breakfast offerings were quite sumptuous, but sometimes the bread and cereals get to the buffet late. At any rate, unless you're in a hurry, breakfast is very nice.

There is no in-house massage therapist but just next door is a spa-massage. This is where I sought refuge after a strenuous 3 hour white river rafting. Friendly and very good massage can be expected at reasonable/affordable cost. (About 350 for my massage)

The hotel is quite near the ABREEZA MALL.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Indonesian first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

friendly staffs, room is clean, nice lobby and most of all the coffee shop. they make perfect hot and cold drinks. hotel location - walking distance to the malls, convenient stores, schools, hospitals, etc.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
dubai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Excellen hotel. Prime location with everything at hand. Service is good with friendly staffs. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Warren, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for 2 nights for our annual medical mission and the hotel was very nice. They allowed us to check in early for free and let us do a late check out for a very reasonable fee. The added bonus is they upgraded us to a deluxe room when I initially book a standard room only. I think that was really awesome. The surroundings are well maintained and quiet yet still in the heart of the city. Breakfast was sumptuous and delicious. Staff was courteous and helpful. No wi-fi in the rooms but I think they will offer you LAN if you have your own laptop. They could also use some new sheets and towels though coz I think they look kind of worn out but otherwise our stay there was very pleasant.

Will definitely stay there again. I will highly recommend this hotel instead of the pricey ones but for a much more better service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

In my travel, i've been to Davao region, then i only stay in this hotel which is worth for the money. It's a quite place, where you can relaxed more. The place was very lovely, clean surroundings and stunning views outside. The rooms are good enough, very clean and spacey. The staff are friendly and the food are great. Well, it was great stay and did satisfied my stay here at Ritz Garden Hotel at Garden Oases-Davao. Will choose this hotel when i come back here in Davao.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

I booked a standard and deluxe room for me and my friends. We checked in approx 1pm. we were requesting for an adjacent standard and deluxe room unfortunately they dont have that type of room. but what surprises me is that the manager offered us to be upgraded to a deluxe and super deluxe connecting rooms! and that is with no extra cost! that is is simply amazing! we were even allowed to occupy the first room available even though we are an hour early for check in. We bought a handful of durian and since its not allowed in the hotel, they offered to have it stored in the refrigerator in their restaurant. Upon check out they reconfirmed our flight and even called the taxi for us. This beautiful hotel is located within the city center. it's like a 5 minute ride to the mall but it's pretty exclusive in it's location. it has a big pool which i really love since there's no nearby beach in this area. the hotel itself is an attraction! there is a nearby hospital as well. I would highly recommend this hotel for bussiness travelers as well as for leisure. They have a convention hall as well. Its really a five star hotel experience!

Room Tip: Corner room is pretty big.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Manila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

I stayed in this hotel last month. I went to Davao for some business meetings and I asked my relative to book me ahead of time.They booked me at one of the hotels in Davao but when I was trying to check in they cannot find my reservation. So a relative decided to bring me at Ritz Hotel since its quite new in Davao.

When I saw it from outside, I was amazed that the environment is so nice- a hotel in the middle of a garden. It was like a home for me cos I'm a nature lover person, I want to see greens everywhere and it's the perfect spot for me.

When they endorsed me the room, it was perfect - flat screen tv, spilt type air condition, nice bathroom and definitely the view was nice on that room. I was surprised that with a cheap price I could get a nice room just like Marco Polo (even nicer than Marco). For 3 days of stay, my sleep was perfect every night.

Front Office - staff are accommodating and will help you if you have inquiries. I like how the lobby looks, it's peaceful and not too much on luxurious display, chairs, etc. - it's definitely perfect for me. I also love the coffee at the lobby coffee shop and also their staffs are so nice and helpful. Good job for the Front Office staff!

Breakfast - I can say that the food is delicious for my taste. I also tried having lunch in the resto and I can say that with the international cuisine that they have, it was really a two thumbs-up! The food is excellent I must say but of course the resto doesn't look really nice, it's old but what's important to me is the food and the service. They entertained me well and they serve food quite fast. I could eat and eat there again and again.

I was enjoying my stay, I even go round the entire garden just to see the wholeness of the hotel and other facilities - swimming pool, pool bar, convention center and it's nice. I even ask the guards what's the nearest mall and they told me -gaisano, Victoria and ayala mall (though i didn't have the chance to go malling).I can say that the hotel has the best location.

I also observed that even the top management are visible in the area. I was entering the lobby when someone opened the door for me and greeted me with a smile, I thought he was a guest cos he is an expat but when I asked the front office, they told me he is the General Manager! I haven't seen a GM that is so hands-on and visible in the area(and will even open a door for guests)I have stayed in some hotels around the country but GM's will only appear if there's a big trouble in the hotel. And I was thinking that that is why the ritz hotel is perfectly operated cos of an expat leader (they are more perfectionist and high standard than us, Pinoys).

I have enjoyed my stay and I would definitely comeback here with my kids and wife. They will enjoy it for sure knowing that Manila where we are residing is so polluted, this will be a paradise for us.

More power!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases? Share your experiences!