“Excellent service with their front desk officers, Lara & Jane!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tropika Davao

You added Hotel Tropika Davao to your Saves list
Hotel Tropika Davao
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Km. 7, J.P. Laurel Ave. | Lanang, Davao City, Mindanao 8000, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Davao City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Quezon City
“Excellent service with their front desk officers, Lara & Jane!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have booked room accommodation in this hotel last June 14-16 for our auditors and I am so happy with the services of their front desk especially to Jane & Lara. I highly commend them, they are so patient with my instructions even @ 3am, thumbs to you girls!!!

I haven't tried to stay in this hotel, but definitely, I will stay here with my kids for a leisure.

Room Tip: Avail the free one way airport transfer....
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Alexis L, Manager at Hotel Tropika Davao, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Dear Liabella,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and commending Jane & Lara of front office. We always aim to ensure a comfortable and restful stay for our guests, as well as a pleasant experience for everyone who comes or calls at Hotel Tropika.

We hope that one day we will have a chance to serve you personally when you visit Davao City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

One would be hard-pressed to find a hotel with the welcoming vibe of a home, a huge garden with an installation of ceramic jars that doubles as a fountain and the amenities of a well-managed hotel. And to have this hotel tucked away neatly amidst tall trees away from the noise, smog and busy-ness of the city is a real treat. And then when you are ready to go back to busy streets and everything that constitutes a city vibrant with life, the hotel is just a a hop and a skip away from JP Laurel Avenue. The staff are welcoming and so accommodating. Eating at the restaurant is a gastronomical delight. I intentionally made sure that all my meals were taken at the restaurant so I could try each and every dish. Every dish I tasted, I was absolutely pleased with. This hotel is a must-see, must-go, must-experience. Reserve ahead of time, you must. The hotel is always fully booked because word has gone around. But go and experience, you must!

Room Tip: Reserve early so you can choose rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Raye B,

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Tropika and thank you for your kind recommendation to other readers. We will also relay your compliments to Chef Justin of Cafe Aseya, who will surely be delighted to hear that you took pleasure in his food creations.

We look forward to welcoming your again on your next trip to Davao City.
Calamba, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed at Tropika for 4 days. Had a great time there. Enjoyed the peace & quiet that the hotel afforded being a few meters away from the main road which most hotels in Davao does not enjoy. Rooms are spacious, sound proofed & cleaned daily.Front desk staff are courteous, helpful & friendly, same could be said for other hotel employees. Breakfast is included in all room rates.Great WiFi connection. Amenities like a gym or a pool could make it even better. Surely i'll be stay there again whenever im in Davao & will recommend it to friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear dexter_jardeleza,

We're glad that you enjoyed the quiet surroundings of the hotel, as well as the comfort and amenities of your room. We opted out of a swimming pool because of the hotel's proximity to Davao's beautiful beaches. We instead offer guests free shuttle service to selected Samal Island resort jetties.

Thank you for appreciating the efforts of our staff. They are there to ensure your pleasant stay. Thank you too for recommending us to your friends.

We look forward to serving you again at Hotel Tropika.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

This has definitely been the best hotel I have stayed at in Davao, maybe even in Mindanao! The service was excellent, they were really patient with my numerous specifications with food as I was on the Cohen diet. On top of it all I loved the King sized bed! I slept great at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear manilagirl83,

We are delighted by your kind remarks about Hotel Tropika, and will relay your compliments to the chef and staff of Cafe Aseya. Looking forward to serving you again on your next visit to Davao City.
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Every time I go to a place, I check Tripadvisor to determine where to stay. Consistently, this hotel top the list. For my latest Davao business trip, I decided to check it out.

The hotel is located away from downtown (near km 7) and away from the main road (100m). It is also near the airport and a hotel with casino. It is relatively a "medium size hotel" that provides satisfactory service. The rooms are big (comparable to 5 star hotels in Davao, except for bath tub) with the basic amenities like cable TV, toiletries, ref, etc. Wi-fi is free and fast. Sleep quality is great and rooms are clean.

It is on top of the list within its category or class at a very competitive price!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Miner_DMS91,

Thank you for finding good value in Hotel Tropika. We are pleased to learn that you had a pleasant and restful stay and find our rooms clean and comfortable. We hope to serve you again on your next visit to Davao City.
Cebu City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

My friend had their wedding reception in Hotel Tropika. And WOW the food is unforgettable! the place is really beautiful and the service is great.

For me that total experience is an A!

Tah...

Room Tip: rooms overlooking their garden is the best choice!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Alexis L, Manager at Hotel Tropika Davao, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear maia_cyliene,

We are glad you enjoyed the food we prepared for your friend's wedding reception. Happy too that you approve of the hotel and its surroundings. All our rooms overlook the garden where guests can go for a relaxing morning or evening stroll. There is also a small courtyard at the back where one can limber up with morning exercises.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We hope to welcome you again at Hotel Tropika.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed overnight at Hotel Tropika last May 17, 2012. We were supposed to stay two nights but the hotel is fully booked -- a sign to me that the hotel is okay. Free breakfast is plated, but okay, as well. The hotel is quiet since it is about 150 meters away from the road. We were seven adults and one child in the group. We payed for extra bedding in the two rooms we got, which they forgot to set-up, so we have to call them at around 10PM when we got back to the hotel.

Over-all, the hotel is worth the almost P1,000 per person per night average price.

We transferred to another hotel the following night where we got a presidential suite to fit all 8 of us. For almost the same price, I will choose Hotel Tropika over the other.

If I go back to Davao in the future, I will definitely stay at Hotel Tropika.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear petelovestotravel,

Thank you for your kind review and for finding good value in our accommodation. I apologize for the oversight resulting in delayed setting up your extra beds, but I do hope that you and your group had a comfortable and restful overnight stay at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Hotel Tropika.

Been to Hotel Tropika Davao? Share your experiences!