“Still one of the best!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Davao City, Philippines
“Still one of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I went to Bigby's this year and its just as good if not better than last year. For a small resto in a SM Mall its very very good and the service is excellent. The food is delicious!! Definitely one of my favorites in Davao.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Davao City, Philippines
“Super Food!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Bigby's was absoulutely delicious!! I went there on my last day in Davao and wished i had gone earlier in my trip! Everything was excellent and the price was very reasonable..Can't wait to go back!

• Visited March 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Victoria, Canada
“The Western Food really misses the mark - disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I liked the idea of Bigby's and was eager to try it - the menu offered a lot of typical western food that I was homesick for. The first time I went in, I was greeted loudly, and sat at a table.. I ordered a wrap with lettuce and breaded fish. It came with taco chips. Everything but the fish was bad. The flour tortilla was so old it was crumbling in my hands and had no taste, and as I expected, the iceberg lettuce was brown. The taco chips were flavored very strangely, like they had taco spice in them. Meanwhile, every time someone entered the restaurant, the waitstaff were screaming "welcome to Bigby's sir/maam!" at the top of their lungs from the back of the room. The next time, I brought my husband who was excited because Bigby's is considered fancy.. I ordered a Quesadilla, and was disappointed to find the same old crumbly tortillas and PROCESSED CHEESE! The same kind of 'eden' cheese that you don't need to refrigerate that is ubiquitous in the Philippines. The salsa was also poor. The whole thing was almost inedible. My husband got a steak and he was quite happy though! I wouldn't bank on getting good American-style food there if you are feeling homesick. And the prices are no incentive. I won't be back there!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Philippines
“Western and Local Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

They now have two locations SM Mall and East Jacinto at Torres St. The service is great! The food is good. I appreciate the fact that they do not turn over their employees every six months to avoid paying employee benefits. They train the staff and they stay. I would certainly suggest you try Bigby's.