“A home away from home :)” 5 of 5 stars

Bagobo House Hotel
Gov. Duterte St., Davao City, Mindanao 8000, Philippines   |
Ranked #27 of 49 Hotels in Davao City
General Santos, Philippines
“A home away from home :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Whenever i visit Davao City me,my family and friends stayed at Bagobo hotel. I really love this hotel because the staff are very friendly,professional, welcoming and ready to assist.The rooms are very clean. I also love there food and i enjoyed staying at the"Agong Cafe" (hotel coffee shop) because it has a free wifi.This hotel is beautiful and the service is top notch. I can't wait to visit again. :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

For business or pleasure trips, you really want to stay in Davao's downtown area. It's closer to offices, stores, and hospitals. We were able to visit the Eden Nature Park or go to Paradise Island without having to go across town.

• Stayed August 2013
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Every time we are in Davao city, we stay at Bagobo house.

There was a time that during our trip, the hotel was fully-booked and we could only be accommodated on the second day of our trip. What we did was to stay for one night in a nearby hotel and despite the inconvenience of transferring to another place, we really took the extra effort to transfer to Bagobo house.

Service: The staff are all friendly. They would help you with your luggage without asking them to and without asking for tip. When you order for food, the service is prompt. The free breakfast can be delivered to your room. You have to pay extra, however, if you want a heavy breakfast. Restaurant items are a little expensive. But meals within your budget are never a problem as there are so many dining places outside. The hotel is near the banks, church, spa salons, and at certain nights, the "ukay-ukay" (second hand items) in nearby streets..

What i love most in this place is the room. The room is spacious and the bed is very comfortable. The working table with light is perfect for travelers on official business. Nice hot and cold shower. All bathroom fixtures are functional and all supplies are replenished. I like how the housekeeping staff are doing their job. They would greet you on the hallway and would attend to your needs. The only downside is that the wifi signal is poor inside the rooms and thus, you have to go the ground floor if you want to be online.

Most of all, the accommodation rates here are very reasonable.

These are the reasons why my colleagues and I keep coming back to Bagobo House.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are nicer than those in the third floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Advantages:

- walking distance to a mall, restaurants and establishments
- clean room
- quiet atmosphere
- accommodating staff
- has a tie up with affordable rent-a-car for city tour, would cost around P1,800 or more depends on the places that you'll visit

Disadvantages:

- no arrangement for airport-hotel-airport pick up
- quite far from the airport, if you'll take a cab, it would cost you around P160-180
- No elevator so ask for a room located at lower floors

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Quezon City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

This is my 4th stay at Bagobo House Hotel and wouldn’t be my last.

This is a “simple” hotel yet it provides customers the basic necessities in a hotel such as individually controlled air-condition, hot and cold shower, cable tv, closet w/ working table and a refrigerator. I know that there are newly opened hotels in Davao City with better interiors but Bagobo House Hotel has its “unique” advantages namely:

Comfortable Mattress – as attested by my superior who said that the bed is neither hard nor soft which is to his and my liking.

Location – in my honest opinion, nothing beats the location of BHH as it is a stone’s throw away from Gaisano Supermarket, a number of Fastfood chains, People’s Park (which is in front of APO View Hotel), Davao Doctors Hospital and Toryano’s Chicken House (Native Chicken at its best).

Staff – accommodating and helpful which is very important to me. I was supposed to travel by land to CDO fr. Davao during my first stay but they advised me to abandon the idea as travel time is approximately 6 hrs. so I called up ofc. & requested them to book me a flight instead.

Flexibility - one of the factors that always sway me to stay in BHH is their openness to allow me to check-in earlier and at the same time check-out beyond than the official time. Likewise, appreciate the honesty of all staff member in keeping my luggage safe & intact as I had to attend mtg. though I had already billed-out.

The following however are room for improvement that Mgmt. should look into:

Beddings – one of my beef with BHH are the “old” blankets and pillow cases that they use, which to me exudes uncleanliness.

Pillows – I maybe vain but how I wish they could provide their customers with bigger and sturdier pillows to make the sleep quality even better.

Foot Towel – I noticed that this particular “extra” was absent during my previous & last stay. Again, am kinda OC with water seeping out of the shower area and I appreciated the fact that they initially provided foot towels in my room.

Having enumerated both the pos. & neg. factors of BHH, you would be surprised that the tariff for each room is within reach of an ordinary traveler. A deluxe room only costs P1400.00, which is far more affordable than its competitors within the same area. I would definitely be back as I had already booked my overnight stay with BHH for May 08 to 09. Likewise, each room comes with free breakfast which for me is satisfactory given the price range but I would prefer that the menu be expanded.

Room Tip: Try to avoid Rooms directly in front of Duterte St. if you prefer a better sleep quality
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
San Pedro, Laguna
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

The staff from the reservations to the front desk were all friendly and accommodating. I asked a room beside or near my friend's who booked earlier than me and they accommodated my request. Plus, I had the luck to stay in the ground floor which was a plus since the hotel had no elevator, only stairs. So, I suggest ask for any of the rooms in the ground floor. That way, the front desk and the restaurant are only a few steps away. There was wifi also but only in the cafe area. The room my family and I stayed was clean. The location was great. McDonald's and Gaisano Illustre are a stone's throw away. I will definitely stay with Bagobo again when I visit Davao.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in the ground floor so you don't have to take the stairs.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Had a great stay with my family.. Nice room, fit for the family for affordable price..

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bagobo House Hotel? Share your experiences!