“Great food at reasonable price” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue, Filipino
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Paranaque, Philippines
“Great food at reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This is not the first time that I've been to Harana but we went there for meeting with old friends. I just realized that it would be your choice if you are watching your cholesterol or have medical condition because they serve fish and it can be cooked various ways. But because I'm a meat lover my favorite is the barbecue spare ribs doesn't fail me every time I order that. All the grilled menus are cooked to perfection including the squid. The price we paid for because we are a big group for the food we ordered is reasonable.

Definitely a must visit restaurant when in Davao.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Davao City, Philippines
“Nice Place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Nice place, good food, but the last time we went there, I was very disappointed. No one entertained us, we were seating for about 10 minutes, no one approached us to get our orders, and to think there are very few customers. We promptly left and never came back, and that was maybe ten years ago

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
“Average food, average restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My mom used to bring us to Harana when we were kids, and it used to be a favorite restaurant - this was way back when there were not a lot of restaurants in Davao to choose from.
After a few years, I ate at the restaurant the other day and I was disappointed. I ordered kare-kare, which was what we used to order all the time. Sadly, it wasn't as good as I remembered. It's like it was cooked the day before and then just thrown into the oven before serving. The place is also old. Overall, it's not that bad but there are a lot of better restaurants one can choose from.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Really good barbecue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We went here for dinner with a large group. The barbecue was excellent. I had the mongolain ribs. While slightly overcooked the flavor was outstanding. The garlic rice was really good too. My wife had the barbecue chicken and loved it. She also really liked the eggplant appetizer.

Visited April 2013
Davao City, Philippines
“"Extra service we had"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Had a class reunion early lunch just for an hour and a half. We ask the owner, Mrs. Charito Lizada to help us with food selection and quantity days before. She ask our motif, budget ( 350/ pax ) and from where our guest were. Voila! the results were....everybody took pictures of restaurants' set-up and remembered well the unique lunch we had, more than the cost we paid for. Magnificent event!

• Visited October 2012