“Overall it was OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clearwater Resort and Country Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Fernando
Clearwater Resort and Country Club
You added Clearwater Resort and Country Club to your Saves list
4081 Centennial Rd. cor. Creekside Rd | Clark Field, San Fernando, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in San Fernando
Paranaque, Philippines
“Overall it was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was my first time in this Resort. We stayed on the Outback Tent for a change, since we always stay on a typical hotel room, the food is average, the staffs are very nice and helpful, the ambiance is so relaxing If you love nature tripping I recommend this place. Me and my family had a great time jogging in the morning. My kids enjoyed the fishing and the kayaking. My wife got tired on walking in the area, next time we will bring our bikes because Clearwater is more on walking. I was kinda confused which is which the staff because others don't wear their uniforms. I suggest to wear i.d's also so the guest will recognize the staffs.

Overall it was OK. Next Time we will try the Lakeside Lodges rooms.

Room Tip: It was more enjoyable if the Outback Tents Room has Television and the Wifi on that area is weak...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The only saving grace is the staff. The only thing that is kept is the lawn. And thank God they offer wi-fi, The lagoon/pond is in extreme need of cleaning. The pools are mediocre. The lodging is horrible---the walls are dirty, the beds are lumpy, the washroom has a gut-wrenching stench. If ever you're stuck with neighbors who are still yelling & has their radio on full blast till after midnight, then good luck because the rooms do not have any phone or intercom to the front desk so you can't call to complain. Sorry, but I cannot, in good conscience, recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Malolos City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband's company chose Clearwater Resort and Country Club to spend their summer excursion. The company is owned by Japanese and we did not hear any bad comments from the bosses. It was August 2012 and there was on and off shower. Our kids loved the kayak games, swimming pool (white sand on the side), small fish tilapia on the lake (small kids went fishing). The adults just loved to stroll under the trees, green grass and lots of santol fruits for free. The staff were not as smart as those in other resorts. They were just like friendly neighbors. They were the ones who picked the santol from the tall trees. It was not that class but you will feel the sweetness of the staff. Wind was so calming. Although the resort's frontage was not that attractive. Coffee shop was dark but they offered the best tasting dishes. They were good in their vegetable dishes, fish. Evrything was delicious including the snacks. It was just that the hotel was far from the gate and the service was old golf carts. I just hope they will repair the necessary amenities. The rooms are big but the wood parquet flooring needs polishing. There could be rooms for improvement. The place is beautiful but needs to be improved. My family and I are going back there but I hope everythingm from the gate, up to the smallest detail, would be improved.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Another long weekend and a time for another family bonding. We decided to try Clearwater Country Club because we saw the different activities we could possibly do there. I decided to get the Outback Tent so that my kids could experience that camping feel, hehe... We'll it's not what i thought a tent would have -- air-conditioning, with 2 queen beds and a hot and cold shower complete with rolls of tissue paper, shampoo, soap and toothpaste... but still, our tent was under big trees, beside a pond and you could hear nature's music --- the birds, the animals, the wind and rain -- still one with nature ;)
We never got to try the other amenities because it was raining on our first day, so we just used the pool and beach like "pool" for 2 days. My kids always enjoyed any vacation as long as there's a pool :) The country club has a volleyball area, badminton area, basketball court, bike trail and a man made lake for fishing, boating and for kayak. There's also a airgun site, obstacle course, amphitheater, and 2 swings attached to 2 large trees. Though I didn't see any other eating places other than the small cafe in the reception office, the food they served is quite ok :)
Reservation staff was friendly as I had booked a tent a week before our stay. As we got there, the staff are very accommodating from the time we checked in until the time we checked out. There's a golf cart to shuttle you from one place to another but we didn'tt mind walking to and from the ofc/reservation area to our tent... we were there to breathe some fresh air and enjoy the scenery :)
And as we were about to leave, the Gen. Mgr. or Owner (I think?) gave my little kid a birthday souvenir... a bucket hat from Clearwater! Now, I think we might come back again there soon :)

Room Tip: If you want to have tv and refrigerator in your room, avail of their lodges and inns.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Every place has it's pros and cons. But Clearwater is a different kind story for me. During my stay, I've noticed many inconvenient things. Like when I first arrived, I noticed the parking lot was far from the cottages/tents, you have to take a golf car to get there. Well, imagine many clients, 1 golf car? 1 client at a time, you have to wait for certain minutes to get your turn. Second, the tent. Oh men! Very inconvenient as I said. No TV, no ref and lots of visitors. Yes, mosquitoes. Because the tents were near from the dirty lake or fish pond they called. Third, there's no single rag outside the CR. How can you clean the floor without a rag? Tissue? Wet wipes? Not really. The pool's fine. Although the price was reasonable, but don't expect anything more from this place. What you see is what you get. I hope the management will develop this place more.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Subic, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We spent our 5th year anniversary at Clear Water Resort last Feb 2012. The place is huge, an encounter with nature. Nice pools, though chlorine is a bit too strong. There were tilapia in the lagoon, nice place to hang out if you're looking for some peace and quiet.

We stayed at the deluxe cottage and got it at a discount. You just need to call and mention that you saw the discounted rates from the website, be clear about it or they will offer you different rates. Room was okay, but since we got it at a discount you can expect the worse-- no toilet paper, no soap, none of those. Cable wasn't working, we asked for service and the maintenance guy came but when he couldn't fix it, said he was coming back. 4 hours had passed but no sign of him, Front office phone rings forever, they never pick it up. The cafe is only open till about 9pm. Better bring your stuff because they don't offer any of those conveniences. Notice that the rooms are not well-maintained but the surroundings are fine. I guess this is one of those places that you can't get the best of both.

It was terribly boring so during the night time we went out for dinner at one of the nice Japanese restos along Friendship road. I'd say that was the only high point of my stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I booked a tent room so my family can enjoy the Hot Air Ballon Festival without rushing through the day. I did not have a clue as to what decent Hotel or Inns I could let my family sleep in. This is one of a few Family oriented places to stay within the Clark Freeport Zone.
We checked in late (around 8pm) after the Balloon Festival Events ended. Clearwater is rather out of the way and dark but the road to get there is pretty clear. When we arrived the Reception office was closed! We asked every person walking inside the club (90% guests) only to find out from a ground staff that the guy in charge of the guests is the one driving the golf cart! The good thing is that he was expecting our arrival. Therefore coordination with reception office is pretty good.
We got to the Tent room, which is big with 2 queen sized beds and tables and chairs. Inside is a large sink & counter and separate toilet & shower (with heater). There was an odour which disappeared when we turned on the exhaust fan. It really was a tent (with air conditioning). My 2 yr old did not want to sleep there because it was rather dark and he did not like the smell. But I really just wanted a good night's rest.
Our reception guy/tour guide was kind enough to bring us & other guests to and fro the parking lot several times(not very far) and was on duty until 1 AM. Most guests (who checked in early) were walking near the lake.
Sunday morning (after the Hot Air Balloon Launch) we returned to have the simple Filipino breakfast of egg, rice, coffee & 2 choices of meat or fish. Staff at reception were cheerful and helpful.
The best feature of Clearwater Resort is the wide open space. The place is clean. The plants are maintained to a certain degree. Lake has some guppy sized fish and plenty of canoes. The (beach) Volleyball area is nice. The activity area is really at the center of the place. We were able to fly our kite, get our exercise and play in the sand. Most of the people hanging out were families.
What I really like about the place is the open space (did I mention that already?) and being in the midst of quiet nature. It's like a reminder of what we are missing out in the congested cities of Manila.
The receptionist said regular visitors are there for the day. For just P700 they can enjoy all the activities offered in Clearwater.
It is ideal for families, retreats, & team building seminars.
It used to be the barracks of the Americans when Clarck was a U.S.military zone. That is the reason why such a wide space is gated and the center of the resort is the highlight of the place.
I can hardly call it "Clearwater" HOWEVER it is charming and relaxing. To be honest, the Resort is old so you can understand why the plumbing is not efficient and the drain kind of smelly. But I think the staff maintaining the place has a lot to do with why it is so relaxing. They are willing to take care of your basic needs. Something that some establishments lack. They are not so stiff or formal like in hotels but they are genuine.
If you are looking for a place to relax and spend time with your family this is a good place to visit. If the owner/management will upgrade the tents and lodges and plumbing, I am sure more people will stay in Clearwater.

Room Tip: Lakeside Lodges to get the best view and ambience. Tent room for budget travelers. Day tripping mo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clearwater Resort and Country Club? Share your experiences!