“Ace Hotel and Suites review, October 2013” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ace Hotel & Suites

You added Ace Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Ace Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   United corner Brixton Street near Pioneer, Pasig, Luzon 1605, Philippines   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Pasig
Philippines
“Ace Hotel and Suites review, October 2013”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Photos to be posted later.

We decided to try out this hotel when a Metro Deal promo became available, ie, a Deluxe Room (twin) for PhPesos 4550 instead of the regular Php 6550. Check-in time: 2pm, check-out 12noon.

The package included:
2 free tickets to the popular Ace Water spa water park in the same building,
discounts to a nail salon a traditional massage service all found in the same building
2 complimentary glasses of red wine at the Sky High Bar on top of the building
2 buffet breakfasts
a bottle of red wine
3 oranges
free overnight parking for one car

We were given Room 808 on the same floor as the breakfast buffet. Pretty convenient.

The hotel is fairly new, so no shabbiness issues. I liked the rooms--we added an extra bed for our son. I especially appreciated the amenities and the international-standard electrical outlets which could accept all types of plugs, including 2 USB ports for charging tablets and phones. So considerate and convenient.

The bathroom was great as you will see from the photos. Quite a roomy shower stall. Fancy two-headed shower, although the water pressure was not strong enough to drive the big impressive umbrella type showerhead. Not a biggie, since the showers in the water park and the water park itself had all the pressure we needed.

Toilet had a bidet. Free shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shower caps etc etc. There was a hair dryer as well and an international, multiple-socket electrical outlet.

Airconditioning was quiet and cooled the room pretty quickly. Beds were firm and comfortable and we all slept very well. The TV was on cable and it also had various HDMI and other ports, so I was able to hook my mini tablet to it and watch a few movies.

I enjoyed the views from both our room and the bar. It was an overcast day but I still could see Laguna de Bay in the distance.

Food was not great though and there was no room service. We tried both their restaurant and the bar. Ordered a spaghetti and meatballs and the sauce was cloyingly sweet and for the sweet-toothed Philippines. Happy hour at the bar (it was a Friday) was from 5 to 8 pm but again the cocktails were too sweet and I had to talk to the bartender when I could hardly taste the alcohol.

Cons:
You need to use two different elevators to go to the rooms and the parking area.

There is free wifi but the bandwidth is narrow, the service very patchy. I was not even able to open Facebook and managed to check my email only once.

No room service. The food is nothing to write home about. We should have just bought food at the big supermarket just across the street.

Service: the front desk and staff were friendly. They greeted us with ready smiles and looked eager to please. Yes, despite these and our speaking the same languages, there were some annoying communication problems.

They need to better trained in terms of providing correct information.

For example, we had to ask three times before getting an answer to whether rooms were available for Friday. First person said no rooms available. Second person said rooms available for Thursday but none for Friday and Saturday. Finally, I asked, "Can we check in on Friday?" And the answer was, Yes.

Second example, at the bar. I asked two waiters whether there was a happy hour. Neither could answer. I had to check a poster in the lobby to find out it was from 5 to 8 pm.

I also asked a waiter what the ingredients were in their Gin Sling. His answer: Gin. I had to ask what else.

The worst example was when I asked about the parking policy. Two days before we checked in, we called to ask what the fees were for parking a SECOND car overnight. We were told that this was not allowed. Fine.

A day before check-in, we personally asked a lady at the front desk the same question. We were told there was a flat rate of 45 pesos, so we were surprised but extremely pleased.

Check-in day, I read a poster at the parking entrance that said 300+ pesos for overnight parking. So I went to th front desk again to complain about the wrong information we were given that day before. The same lady was there and she apologized quite nicely, adding that since we were given the wrong info, they would stand by the 45-peso flat rate. Then, she took down the license plates of both our cars.

Check-out day. As we settle the bill, there is a different set of people at the front desk. No one had been briefed about the parking issue so they tried to charge us for the second car. We said that we had registered the plate numbers but no one could find the document. Delayed us for over an hour and we even saw some people in the front desk consulting the chief bellhop! Of course, he was clueless too.

Ruined what could have been a relaxing refreshing stay,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I booked Ace so I can have a great experience for my last few days of my stay in Manila and Ace did not disappoint me. Our room was clean and tidy. There were welcome wine and fruits. Great bathroom and toiletries. Complimentary spa, discounts, glass of wines at the skybar. The bed and pillows are new. Breakfast buffet has massive choices and the restaurant accommodates requests. I should have stayed here from the very beginning of my stay. It's worth the money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Imus, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed for a one night staycation at Ace and it was more than what I expected. The quality of service exceeded what I paid for. Staff were welcoming and checkin was quick. Even if my friend and I just had backpacks, they still carried our bags to the room.

The room was more spacious than I expected and it was very clean and cozy. Bed and pillows were good too.

The water spa experience was also great, it was well maintained and there were a lot of life guards going around to ensure safety.

• Stayed July 2013
San Mateo, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spend my birthday at this hotel with my family. Great hotel! Still looks new, facilities are good especially the water spa. Staff were friendly and helpful. Welcome drinks were provided in their small lobby. We stayed overnight at the deluxe twin room. Clean and cozy, spacious enough for 4people. Complete room amenities plus complimentary fruits and small red wine bottle. WIFI is not that great though, we struggle to connect and its kinda slow. Plenty of sockets to charge your gadgets. Water Spa was awesome. You get to use it for a limit of 4hours, but 2hours is actually good enough already. Rainfall acupuncture, scented hot tubs and steam bath was my favorite! All pools are heated by the way (even the lap pool) except for the ice pool of course which is meant to be freezing cold. Complimentary buffet breakfast was excellent! They served more than i imagined for a 3star hotel. Overall, worth the money you will spend!

Oh one major thing, our baggage was left by the bellboy in the taxi when we arrived though they recovered it immediately and apologize, it's a big NO NO. The bellboy looks like an intern so just be aware about that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Westerville,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Just returned from a Family trip to Manila. Ace Hotel & Suites is an excellent place to stay for families. The staff/level of service is superb, the hotel is clean and new, the water spa is awesome and the breakfast buffet is unlike any other breakfast buffet we have ever had at a hotel. It should be described as a full course brunch -- excellent!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

When we are inside the hotel, we felt that we were in a different country. The service and the food was great. The value for money was also great because of the water spa. Though, it would have been excellent of it is located near the central business district. Nevertheless, we plan on coming back. A great escape in the city.

• Stayed June 2013
Akirkeby, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The hotel was great in every respect: facilities, service, and ambience. Very cozy and private. The room was excellent and of superior quality. The staff went out of their way to help. Plus the location is unbeatable. This hotel is beautiful and right in the heart of it all. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Ace Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!