“We Can Always Rely on a Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Richmonde Hotel Ortigas

You added Richmonde Hotel Ortigas to your Saves list
Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 San Miguel Avenue | Ortigas Center, Pasig, Luzon 1600, Philippines   |
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Pasig
Minnesota
“We Can Always Rely on a Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at the Richmonde several times over the years, the most recent one in October, 2011 for 5 nights. We like staying there because we can count on a pleasant stay with little, if any hassles. This time around, I had a car and I was glad to find out that parking in the basement is free for guests. The breakfast buffet is always a treat, generous but not overwhelming. The service is consistently friendly and competent. We had one minor thing that needed fixing in the room and that was done promptly after just one call. The rooms are small by US standards but certainly more than adequate. It's tough to beat the location - within walking distance of several shopping centers, business centers and offices, and good restaurants. And if you're driving, access is relatively easy (at least by Metro Manila standards). If you stay, eat something from the lobby cafe. They serve some delicious snacks.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights via directwithhotels. I booked a Deluxe room for 2. I liked the comfy bed, the hot/cold water, and the city view. But one thing was missing, I requested online to have a baby crib ready since I am staying with a baby. There was no crib set up when we got there, so we requested one from the front desk. Waited for more than an hour for it to arrive, and when they set it up, it was not a baby crib but a play pen! Oh well, I ended up putting my baby in the middle of the bed to sleep with me.

I recommend to switch on the 'Do Not Disturb' light whenever you're sleeping because hotel personnel would not let up ringing the doorbell until you answer. Baby was asleep and I was taking a shower so I could not answer the door. I didn't want baby to wake so I rushed with the shower to see what they wanted. Turns out they ran out of face towels when housekeeping was cleaning and came to deliver them.

I liked the buffet breakfast at the Richmonde Cafe. They offer a wide variety of breakfast food: rice, bread, pancakes, cereals, oatmeal, muffins, bacon, sausage, etc. I requested a high chair so my baby could eat with us.

The hotel staff were efficient enough and overall, provided a great service.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

This is one hotel that you'll surely love to stay at for that spur of the moment getaway.

We got the chance to stay here three (3) times already since last year. We already stayed at their Deluxe Room as well as their Junior Suite. Both rooms are just lovely and inviting.

The Deluxe Room is good enough for two adults. A third adult is possible although it might be a little cramped for all three adults. Basic room amenities are available.

The Junior Suite room on the other hand, is really spacious as there is a receiving area for your guests.

Overall, the rooms are just great. Comfortable for a good night's sleep or for just an all-day room lounging.

The Hotel is near Shangrila Mall, The Podium Mall and Megamall. A church is just across the hotel. It is a few minutes away from the Makati Central Business District. Just make sure you don't get caught in between the RUSH Hour. Near the MRT Station. Hailing cabs wouldn't be a problem.

Breakfast Buffet has a good variety of food. Efficient service from staff of the hotel. During Fridays and Saturdays, do go and visit the Mercato Night Market around the said vicinity. If you are a food junkie, you'd love it almost instantly.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011 via mobile

Richmonde is a small but nice hotel if you want to stay in the city and conveniently go to nearby malls when you feel like it. The rooms are comfy, and beds are sure to give you a good night's rest (I'm pretty particular with this since other hotel beds give me allergies!) The food's pretty decent and service is good. There's an indoor pool that's heated so you can have a relaxing swim anytime. Nice for business trips or small families.

• Stayed August 2011
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

First of all, I booked the most standard room on Asiatravel.com on the night, and it was PHP4000. I booked around 7pm, and we went there straight around 10pm. I love Asiatravel for that.

When I got to reservations, it turns out that the room I paid for was unavailable, BUT thanks to their lovely customer service, I was upgraded to a deluxe for free! :)

Richmonde hotel has only 4 stars, but they do deserve it. I know others complain about their rooms, but honestly, Richmonde is the only place where you get a nice room with European design for that price. Want to go book at Holiday Inn or Galleria Crown instead? Well, go ahead, but I prefer Richmonde. Their lobby is nicer anyway. :P

So that was lovely customer service at the front desk. Nice impression. Oh and I didn't even print out my booking, just told them my name and all and didn't have to show my credit card.

So the room is not very spacious but I like how cozy it felt. Tub was tiny but honestly, didn't have problems.

Sleep was very good. No noise, no anything.

Then the next day, for breakfast, it turns out that I only booked for 1 person on Asiatravel! And I honestly didn't know, and then I was telling the manager I had no idea how the thing worked, and then I was telling my companion "You go eat, I'll wait for you" and then the F&B manager said, it's okay, we both go eat. THANK YOU for that. :) I like how when things go wrong, the customer isn't the one that has to suffer.

Because of those things, I enjoyed my stay and my restful sleep.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Stayed here for a few days on business with a colleague

We had to go through an airport style metal detector and the hotel security which was a bit of a concern as this was my first time to manila- but the security did make me feel safer

The Hotel is a highrise and is to a 4/5 star standard- service was friendsly and efficient

The rooms were nice and modern and very well furnished with a huge bed and tv and views over manila

The facilities were first class with a huge indoor pool and a gym

The restaurant was great and the food very nice with good attentive service

The bar was a great place to relax after a days work and the service was great

Overall a great hotel with nothing that i could fault

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Guam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Well, this was the second time I've stayed at the Richmonde. I was there last year. Upon checking out, there was an error in my billing that I had only noticed when I came back home. I emailed the hotel and my concerns were promptly addressed. I had a balance available so when I checked back in, I had some great breathing room in terms of my funds. They also UPGRADED me free of charge because the room I wanted wasn't available! That was a GREAT welcome back!
Everything was pretty much as is and my review from one year ago still stands. Yes its not perfect and I did notice there are some things that needed to be improved. (Some cracks in the pool, the carpeting, etc)
BUT, all those things are minor.
One major sticking point though is the availability of wireless within the hotel. Other hotels offer free wireless in the lobby or in certain areas. While its understandable that space is premium (the lobby is kinda small) and the hotel would not want a glut of guests crowding up the place, it still can get kind of hard to get access to the net other than pay for the wireless. It comes up to about 450 php, while negligible, its unreasonable if all a guest wants to do is check email, browse quickly and go on about their business.
There USED to be a netcafe nearby but it closed down so it really got hard. I had to walk to SM Megamall (4th floor) to do my thing.
Anyway, it would just be nice if they did offer that.
There's a Starbucks, 7-11, a couple of restos at the plaza nearby. There's even a great Thai Massage (legit) place that just opened up too.
They renovated the Richmonde Grille over the past year and I gotta say it looks a heck of a lot more... 'bright' and inviting. Oh, and the employees are AWESOME. Always so courteous and friendly! Two employees worthy of note, Joyce Valencia and Jena Tee who are at the Grille actually remember me! (after a year!).
That is remarkable.
Anyway, malls nearby, everything within walking distance, truth be told, I never really left the Ortigas area much, all because of my hotel location.
If you're planning to stay in Manila and you want a pretty great place to stay which is close enough to Makati and Quezon City (the MRT line nearby helps too), this is the place to stay in.
You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Richmonde Hotel Ortigas? Share your experiences!