“Dated but pleasant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Manila Galleria

You added Holiday Inn Manila Galleria to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Manila Galleria
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Asian Development Ave., Pasig, Luzon 01655, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Pasig
Sydney, Australia
“Dated but pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and I was well looked after. The rooms could do with a freshen up but did suffice. Helped by my upgrade!! The breakfast was good but not excellent. Close proximity to shops so will make you happy. Also good location to many restaurants. Make sure you use the do not disturb sign on your door or housekeeping could be knocking at 830am. Nothing like enthusiasm! Overall a clean and friendly place to stay!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
JuliaMacario, Distribution and Relationship Executive at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Manila Galleria and for taking the time to write a detailed review of your stay. We are glad to hear that you were happy with your room being upgraded and the nearby facilities. It gives us great pleasure to make our guests happy and we hope to continue to provide you with the quality service you deserve.

We can't wait to welcome you back on your next visit!

All the best,
Distribution and Relationship Marketing Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Laguna Province, Philippines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This hotel sucks! This what happened

1. Before check in we made a call asking what is the earliest we could check in FO said 1PM (standard 2PM) my friend arrived 1PM she ended up gettin into the room at 4PM!
2. We are not informed about corkage (food & drinks)
3. Employee lack empathy. They have that attitude (raising that voice thingy)
4. Rooms too old, very dusty
5. Its like we are not staying in a hotel or i guess cheaper motels are far more better out there

We expect more since its our FIRST time here and hope that other IHG hotels here in Philippines are not like these.

Room Tip: Pls don't choose this hotel, if the front desk on duty is kat or jenny!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
JuliaMacario, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Ms. Jenny,

We deeply appreciate that you shared with us your insights about our services. It is sad to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your first stay in our hotel.

Your comments are valuable to us. We hope you would allow us to contact you by emailing our Quality and Continuous Improvement Officer, Michelle Serania through misha.serania@ihg.com.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Marketing Executive
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Our company recently held an event here in one of their function rooms and also checking in to their rooms. Their rooms were big and clean. But over all their service was a tad bit lack luster. Also, the hotel building was rather old as well. The location can go either way, it can be positive since it's located right beside a mall in the center of a business hub, or negative since the traffic in and around the area is crippling.

Overall it was a decent stay, but it could have been better if the service was up to par.

Room Tip: You can choose between smoking and non smoking floors. Choose a room facing EDSA and enjoy the city...
Dear Mr. Tayaban,

We want to be your home away from home. Which is why we understand how valuable it is for you to have a clean, big room, and an accessible hotel. It gives us great pride to be able to provide you these services and facilities

Rest assured that we will enhance our staff services so that you will have the relaxation you truly deserve.

Hope to see you soon!

Warm regards,

Holiday Inn Manila Galleria Team
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Location is good as it is adjacent to a shopping mall and near the major commercial district of the city. However the overall hotel is old.

Overall staff services, I would rate it as 5 on a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being the best) although the usual friendliness of staff at reception, housekeeping and hotel security meet the expected Pinoy standards.

Facilities wise, the elevator foyer and room's furnishing are old and dark. The toilet flushing system is pathetically slow. No matter how many times you try after using it, there will always be residual toilet paper still floating. The hotel's plumber came to fix it once but it remains the same. Even the housekeeper who cleans my room noticed the problem and promised to ask the plumber to fix it but nothing solved.

Room rates are also inconsistent. I was booked on the executive level at about PHP 7,200 per night with complimentary wifi, breakfast and fruit plate but the fruit plate never come. My colleague who was booked on a duluxe room at about PHP6,800 got a free upgrade to the same room in the same level and still also enjoyed free wifi and breakfast. I really felt cheated when he told me after we checked out.

I am pretty sure I will not come back to this hotel in my visit to Manila. Not value for money at all.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Aimee L, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and sharing this to us. It is my deepest regret that you feel that way about our hotel. Rest assured that it is not intention to do so and I would like to apologize regarding this issue.

I do hope you would allow us another opportunity to serve you better. Please do contact our Quality Officer at misha.serania@ihg.com to further discuss your concern.

Manila Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I booked a 2 bedroom suite at this hotel for a pre-Father's day celebration. Sad to say , I was really disappointed , since the suite where we stayed 4 years back had the same design etc. It was only about space , nothing else. The airconditioning was not cold enough, lighting was poor, smell/odor was quite different . The flat screen Tv they use is Devant ( a Singaporean brand ?) and they only have 2 , there was no Tv in the main receiving area .
Please take note that I have also stayed at a 2BR unit at Holiday Inn Makati , and they have 3 flat screen Tv units which I can't recall if they are a Samsung or an LG. The breakfast buffet we had was not bad , although I would suggest utilizing the lounge area near the Fab coffees shop to extend the bfast services, since during weekends it tends to fill up with local guests who end up waiting for 15 or more minutes because of the long wait list. It seems being adjacent to the mall seems a distinct advantage , it must be noted that the Robinson's Galleria mall itself needs a make over , because aside from their old theaters and shops , it is getting outclassed by the elegant malls in their vicinity. As for the Holiday Inn Ortigas, it is unfortunate that while the hotel brand has made new designs of their logo for a more vibrant outlook , this property badly needs refurbishing .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very much pleased to hear from you. We regret that you were not pleased with your stay. However, I am pleased to inform you that we already have lined up projects to improve our facilities. We value your comments seriously. I shall be cascading your comments to the teams so we could take a look at this matter.

Again, thank you and we hope to welcome you again at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria

Paranaque
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

An overnight stay atHoliday inn Ortigas, it is an OK hotel. Our rooms were upgraded, the hotel has a "vintage" feel to it which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The TV was bad, well, the brand (devant), a minor issue but annoying enough. The free breakfast was average (many choices), but the sushi they served was obviously not the freshest. Upon leaving the following morning, obviously the hotel management didn't coordinate with the parking or security staff in Robinsons Galleria. What should have been a straightforward exit (upon presentation of the guest pass) turned into an annoying, major inconvenience. Too bad, a pleasant experience tainted by poor coordination with the parking management. Improve on this please.

Room Tip: Make sure to clarify the parking and guest pass procedures. If you plan to watch movies from you...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the time you spent in sharing with us your experience. I do understand that you have concerns and we would like to apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. Rest assured that we will be using your review to improve our services.

I do hope that you would give us another chance to make it up to you

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights (I should have booked for 3 nights as I had to extend my stay in Manila, but when I checked in I was told the hotel was fully booked for the 3rd night, so I ended up moving to another hotel for the 3rd night). This is a fine hotel but the decor is a bit dated, when I stepped in the room, it was a pleasant suprise to see such a spacious room which is one of the biggest hotel room I ever stayed. The breakfast at the hotel is OK but short of variety, there is some room for improvement. On the 2nd breakfast I had at the hotel , no waiter greeted me or offered coffee/tea, on the 1st breakfast they did.

This hotel is located in a vibrant area where they are shopping malls and restaurants, unfortunately this could be a minus when it comes to traffic. When we tooke a taxi from airport to the hotel it was peak hour, and it took us almost 1.5 hours to get to the hotel and costed us more Php600 (it was a metered taxi).

Given the price, I would recommend this hotel to holiday makers and business travelers if the business activities are not too far from that area. This time I particularly picked this hotel as the client I was visiting is in an office building only 2 minutes walk away.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Aimee L, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Richard,

Location and comfort is our promise. Our hotel is directly connected to Robinsons Galleria and minutes away from key locations in Ortigas. As we promised comfort, we are flattered by your appreciation of our spacious rooms.

We will be working on facilities and service enhancements as you mentioned so that we can continue to provide memorable experiences to our guests.

See you soon!

Quality Officer

Been to Holiday Inn Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!