“Reliable and economical” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Manila Galleria

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Manila Galleria to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Manila Galleria
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Asian Development Ave., Pasig, Luzon 01655, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 16 hotels in Pasig
Manila, Philippines
“Reliable and economical”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Like:

Location - adjacent to Robinson's mall. They even have 2 floors connecting to the mall and the Crown Hotel. Walking distance to Metrowalk , Megamall , Podium , Asian Development Bank and other popular business establishments.

Room - Most of the rooms are in the corner or maybe I'm always getting corner rooms but they are spacious. Toilet has bath and complete toiletries. In house fridge is of good size you won't have problems storing a liter of water. Good bed but pillows can be improved even if they give you a choice.

Housekeeping services - fast and efficient. They are within your doorstep in less than 5 minutes.

Freebies - you get complimentary drinks at the Bar One. We usually get an invite from the Xian Tian Di for a free cocktail at night time.

Gym- although it is small, it served its purpose. The attendants there could smile more often though.

TV - big LCD tvs with my favorite cable channels.

Don't like:

Fab bar - where they have their buffet breakfast. It is small for the amount of guest they usually have especially on weekends. You will have to wait sometimes for an hour to get a table or they will let you use the small lobby on the same floor . You will either have to eat on a lounge table and sit on the floor or you can place the plate in your lap if u want to sit properly in the sofas.

Pool - wish they have a heated pool. Cos this is mostly a business hotel, I would love to soak in the pool after work but not if its very cold.

In room dining - not much of a variety. maybe because you can always go to the mall if you don't like their food, but still.

Others :

There was one incident when our room smelled really bad that I had a hard time breathing. We asked for an immediate room replacement but staff said, they are fully booked. We checked their online booking which said there are still rooms so that's weird. We had to endure almost 2 hours to wait for the smell to go away. We were provided with a humidifier and they sprayed Lysol everywhere. My companion was sick at that time and can't complain much. I think, this could have been handled better. Have to follow up with them from time to time what's the plan because the smell was unbearable. Turned out that there were soiled rags soaked in water that was left in the ACU vent.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator as it can be noisy.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
John Romelle S, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Hi Peanutkisses

Great cyber name by the way! Glad you enjoyed your stay and there is so much more to see in the area! Perhaps on your second visit?

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I am here now. Checkin was fast. Staff well trained and customer centric.
Lobby is clean.
There is mold in grout in shower. Needs some bleach.
Had 1 issue and it was quickly resolved to my satisfaction.

Would recommend to friends. Thank you John Romelle Soriano. Great Staff!

Mike K - room 2101

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hi Michael K

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn, our staff are well trained and fit for service requirements!
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I found this to be a very good hotel. This was my first visit to the Philippines and I had been travelling for about 17 hours by the time I arrived. My bags were taken from the taxi and then carried to my room once I had booked in - all completed very quickly and politely. The room was a good size. Comfy bed and choice of soft or firm pillows. I managed to get a deal for the booking - 30% off with free breakfast and internet - so I did not have to worry about hourly or daily charges for the internet. The location of this hotel was great for where I needed to be and the fact that there was a link into the shopping centre next door was great. The staff were friendly and helpful at all times. I needed a taxi each day and this was always arranged for me. I would certainly stay here again. The decor may be a bit dated, but, it is clean and the service is good. As a woman on her own I felt very safe here

Room Tip: My room was on the 20th floor and was fine. There is some traffic noise, but I think you would get...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hi Milton

We are very happy to read your review! Please let us know when you are coming back, there is so much more to see in Manila!
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel!
I wouldn't suggest this hotel for first time travellers to Manila!

I stayed here as it was close to my family!

The hotel is reasonably close to green hills which is a great place to hunt for a bargain! Remember to negotiate! And is right next door to Robinsons Galleria...

The hotel was nice and clean and great value for money!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
John Romelle S, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Hi Maria B.

We are as happy as you that you chose our Hotel for your vacation. We hope to see you soon again.
Shanghai, China
1,700 helpful votes 1,700 helpful votes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel is located in Pasig City. It is part of the Robinsons Galleria mall and adjacent to the Ortigas LRT Station. The area is pretty uninteresting, and there is nothing of note to tourists in the area.

Our room was a corner room on the 24th floor. This gave us nice views across the city. Otherwise, there was nothing really remarkable about the room. Apart from a new flat screen TV and new bedding, it appears as if nothing has been updated since the hotel opened.

The bathroom was fine, although we had problems with the toilet not flushing properly during the five days of our stay.

The buffet breakfast at Fab restaurant was below average. Most of the dishes were not cooked properly and the selection of dishes seemed random. For example, fettacini cabonara for breakfast?

Staff throughout the hotel were polite, but based on our experience overall, we wouldn't return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Camsean

Thank you for the informative review, Holiday Inn Manila was specifically designed to be at the center of the City providing our guests like you to see the beauty of the entire area from your room.
Bataan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

It was our first stay in this hotel, I was so excited how they will welcome us. My friend comes first in the hotel. When I got there, the staff didn’t even help me with my bag. Then, they also have to check my bag before I can go inside. I was so surprised to see my friend waiting for me at the couch in the lobby area. I told him about what I felt that the staff didn’t help me with my bag. I must be thankful cause I only got I luggage while him he has lots. He have to wave to the staffs to help him. While waiting for the check-in time, we can see the other staff helping others. They are helping them because of the tips. I wanted to slap their face with money. Is this how your staff works?

We came to the hotel earlier than their check-in time. They are telling us that their computer system is down. Maybe they can be honest by just telling us that they have to stick with their rules.

We are 3 sharing on a room. So we got extra bed. I was so disappointed to see that they didn’t give extra toiletries. Extra towel for the extra person. Are you expecting us to share?
I was really disappointed to the guards who always check our bags. They are so careless. I have my things at my long champ bag and my cousin at his Gucci bag. The lady guard is so careless. Doesn’t she know how expensive the bags are? She just dropped the bag with no care at all. I’m not talking about the brand of the bags. No matter what the bag’s brands are they should be careful in checking it.

Until, in our check-out day. We even have disappointments. They got 3 elevators which is frightening. Maybe because it is already old. It was Sunday when we are about the check-out. Imagine this! It was Sunday and one of the elevators is on maintenance without any notice on it. Then, you can see the staffs at the reception chatting, laughing on their computers. Maybe they are so busy social networking. Rather than accommodating their guest about the inconvenience of their elevator.

We even asked them to call a cab for us. But they didn't do anything.

TO TOP IT ALL. IT WAS SO TERRIBLE. HOW I WISH WE DIDN’T STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Marizee,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers, but to instead provide good value, comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope to get a
chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Marikina, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

we stayed here for the third time and again, it was a perfect stay. what we really enjoyed from this hotel is the excellent sevice they provide for their guests...from the check in counter to housekeeping to security guard from the parking lot, really 2 thumbs up! they made our stay a comfortable and memorable one...kids stay and eat for free! we loved their buffet breakfast and again their staff (fab restaurant) are just fabulous! ofcourse, you can't beat their location! it's connected to Robinsons Galleria (a 5- level shopping mall) btw, they also upgraded our room (from 1 king size bed to 2 queen size beds) yey!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
John Romelle S, Manager at Holiday Inn Manila Galleria, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Hi Edbernee

Thank you for the review! It is an honor to have you as our frequent guest. We hope to see you very soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Manila Galleria? Share your experiences!