My last night of my Philippines vacation was at the Oakwood Premier Joy Hotel. The price is not cheap to stay here, but I justified that I needed a more luxury and comfortable experience at a hotel before I have my long flight home. I'd have to say, there were too many things that went wrong on my stay to consider this a luxury hotel. I would not rate the hotel as a "terrible" rating because our room (minus the cockroaches) was nice, but with all of the things that went wrong on our stay, I feel the hotel deserves a "poor" rating.
Breakfast - We were told breakfast was 1000 pesos per person when we checked in, but when we got the bill the next morning, it was 1350 per person.
Pedicure/Manicure - The night before, we scheduled a manicure for 3 people in the morning. The next morning, 15 minutes before the appointment, we were told that they can't do a manicure for 3, but only 2, which was disappointing because this was a time for all 3 of us to bond and relax together. Of the 2 people that could still get in, 1 person was cut in several places with the tools and got an infection. The tools that were used looked very used and unclean. We asked if the tools were sanitized, but they did not understand us.
Cockroaches - We had two cockroaches in our room during our stay. When we had the mani/pedi in our room, the manicurist lady there saw one of the cockroaches crawling up our wall and just laughed. Nothing was reported to management afterwards until I asked to speak with the manager later.
Smoke - Our room was non-smoking; however, in the morning a plume of smoke can into our room after we returned from breakfast. I called the front desk to complain and they told me that the room above us was a smoking room and that the air vents must be connected. Really? A smoking room connected to a non-smoking room? An hour later, someone showed up at our door with an air filter.
Speaking to the manager at checkout: After we had several bad experiences at this hotel, I felt inclined to speak with the manager of the hotel. The manager's name was Sonny. I did not have time to tell him about everything poor event that happened, but I did tell him that we had horrible smoke in our room and cockroaches in our room. Sonny did not even respond about the cockroaches (not sure why, maybe this is common). He did reply about the smoke and said he was going to look into why the smoke got into our room, and he said he would email me, which he never did. I told him I think we deserve a discount on our room rate because of what happened, and he told me that "Oakwood's policy is not to give discounts." I was definitely shocked when he said this! If Oakwood expects to be a respected, luxury international hotel chain, the company better make some changes and actually care about its customers’ stay experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience luxury living, shopping pleasures and business comfort only at Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila. Ideal for corporate travelers and families on leisure, this five star hotel has the most expansive living space within the metro with a mix of studio executive rooms and suites ranging from 41 sqm to 182 sqm. All rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art entertainment system, only the top of the line kitchen facilities, a shower stall that doubles as a steambath and a washer and dryer among other modern conveniences.Located in the heart of Ortigas Center, Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila is steps away from the Asian Development Bank, 100 to 500 meters from a variety of shopping malls and entertainment facilities and 15 kms from the Ninoy Aquino International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila Hotel Pasig
- Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila Metro Manila/Pasig, Philippines