“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila

You added Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila to your Saves list
Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17 ADB Avenue Ortigas Center, Pasig, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Pasig
New Delhi, India
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Very international hotel in Manila close to the businesses. Stayed there for a week and enjoyed. Room service is great and prompt. Food is good. Great spread at breakfast. Very prompt taxi service to and from the airport. Best part was walking distance to the office. Has a decent swimming pool. The best part was the fully equipped kitched in the studio.

Room Tip: Choose the higher floors for a good view of the city
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Rick E, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Almofromdelhi,

Thank you for the time taken to review the Hotel. It sounds like you very much enjoyed your stay with us and found the studio apartment to your liking. Your positive comments about room service and breakfast were passed onto the kitchen team.

We look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Rick Erdos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Toowoomba, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have stayed at the hotel for 4 weeks while on a business trip In manila. The service that was provided by the staff was great, always willing to help. The staff were really friendly and said hi every time they saw you.

The room was cleaned to a good standard every day, they even fold my clothes that I left on the ground.. the room were very nice indeed, the bed was comfy! I was in room 2013 which is a corner room (1 bedroom suite) on the 20th level.. this was my home for the 4 weeks, and it was great, it had its own kitchen and washing machine and drier, which was handy on the long stay. There was 3 TVs in the room (1 was over the bath)

Also the hotel is close to 3 quite large shopping centres (Mega Mall, Podium and Robinsons Galleria) and a market place as well. It was in a great location for my needs, where I was working near by in Eastwood.

When staying in manila, I would highly recommend this hotel to stay, I will be most likely be staying here again when I visit manila on a holiday next year with my partner

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rick E, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Chopstar 87

Thank you for your review and overall great comments about your stay with us. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to compliment our team, the product we offer and the all around facilities we have here at Oakwood including our location.

We thank you for your endorsement of us to the trip advisor community and on behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at Oakwood Premier Nostalg Centre for two months while working in Quezon City. I cannot say enough great things about the staff and service at Oakwood! The breakfast staff are very attentive and remembered my preferred beverages and meals from day to day. The front desk staff are very personable and became friends over my two month stay. They genuinely wanted to help in any way possible and were very accomodating. The rooms are always clean and well serviced. The apartments are spacious and very comfortable.
Location is great! Close to several malls, restaurants, nightlife and markets. You can walk to anything you would possibly need. Felt very safe walking around by myself with the level of security in Ortigas.
My only complaint is that I was sleeping during the day since I was working nights and there was a lot of construction in the buildings around Oakwood. This is not the hotels fault, but did mean that my sleep was distrurbed sometimes.
Overall, my stay was amazing and I would love to go back there someday!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Rick E, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful and sincere review about the hotel and our staff. The team were delighted to read such warm comments and that your stay with us was so pleasant.

We do look forward to seeing you again and welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

It was my first time in this hotel, curious as I was about the rave reviews. I checked-in at Room 1808 last Saturday, November 16 for a one-night stay. As expected, I discovered for myself the 'lavishly-appointed' room (in my case, the studio room) with its elegant interior and complete facilities. Now, for the details:

DOWNSIDE:
1. The Check-In Time is 3PM which means guests like me have a 1 hour shorter stay compared to all other hotels that peg their standard check in time at 2pm. When I asked the Asst. Revenue Manager Ms. Chat Remegio, who also confirmed my prior booking, why this is so, she reasoned out that "our lead in category is almost double the size of the standard room of other hotels. Thus, the standard check in time was adjusted to 3PM also to give ample time for our housekeeping to clean the room." I wonder though, since I only booked for the smallest room, if my check-in time will be further adjusted if I booked for the hotel's bigger rooms like the 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom suites. This double-size claim, I realized later, is nowhere near reality as the hotel's neighbor, the Malayan Plaza, also has its smallest room almost the same size, if not slightly smaller. When I requested Ms. Remegio on November 5 if I could have an early check-in at 2pm, she replied that I "will only know upon my arrival on my booking date" (which made me think what if it is not possible, then I will have to wait for 1 hour after showing up?).

2. It is very difficult to contact their "Guest Service" and "Housekeeping" departments. I have tried pressing buttons to these 2 areas twice in my room telephone unit, alternately, about an hour after checking in, but after so many unanswered rings, I hanged up. Fortunately, the next day, I was able to get somebody on the phone in the housekeeping department, but not after so many rings again.

3. My shower area, though I was delighted to see the built-in steam mechanism, got flooded.

4. Unlike other 4 or 5 star hotels, the unbranded toiletries are fitted for 2-star hotel category.

5. There was no complimentary newspaper.

UPSIDE:
1. The check-in and check-out processes was fast and efficient.
2. The room is large and well-appointed, elegantly designed and comparable to other 5-star hotels.
3. The kitchen is complete with silverwares, chinawares, glasswares, electric stove, microwave, coffee-maker, electric kettle, large ref, oven, pots and saucers, knives, automatic 7.5 kg washing machine, even pot holders and plastic containers --- everything you will possibly need in eating, cooking and washing. There is even the extra electric iron and ironing board so that you will not have to worry about the folded clothes that you bring in with you.
4. The bed is huge (king size), soft and clean with an abundant supply of pillows. The room is also peaceful where you can get a good night's sleep.
5. The room has a good view with its ceiling to floor glass window.
6. TV in the bedroom is big (bigger than my personal 42" LED) with clear cable channel signals. There is even a small LCD TV inside the toilet.
7. As mentioned above, this is perhaps, the only hotel I know where one can have a steam in the bathroom.
8. The infinity swimming pool at the 6th Floor is large, well-kept and most especially comes with warm water. Likewise, the locker/shower area is impressive with its excellent facilities.
9. The gym/fitness center at the 7th floor is also impressive with spacious workout area fitted with complete line of machines. There is even a separate gym studio where, I guess, workout classes are held.
10. The Wi-Fi service, which is free, is also fast.
11. And, before I forget, the hotel location is also great. It is right in the middle of a business-commercial district in Pasig. It is walking distance to 3 big malls (Megamall, Robinson's Galleria and Shangri-La Plaza), offices, hotels, restaurants, bars, spa, schools, and church (St. Francis) and other condominiums, apartelles, and subdivisions.

SUMMARY:
All told, the hotel is top in terms of facilities and amenities. Front desk and security staff services are also generally good. Since it looks more like a home, it is very ideal for long-staying guests. Executives will also love this hotel.

PS
I did not include the food in my review since my stay did not come with a breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jude T,

Thank you for the time taken to write such a comprehensive and detailed review of our Hotel. I have passed onto the team your review in full and in particular your comments regarding check in timing and internal phone access. We were pleased to read you felt the room and the general facilities on offer were of high quality and you enjoyed the pool and health club facility.

We thank you for endorsing us a Hotel venue for others and an behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I have no complaints for this hotel. We stayed in a studio suite- immaculately clean, spacious and very beautiful. We loved the floor to ceiling windows, full kitchen, comfortable beds and steam room/shower. The fitness room was also very nice- lots of equipment, machines and several treadmills. Great location!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Rick E, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Caroltolenlaui,

Thank you for the time taken to positively review the Hotel. It sounds like you and your husband enjoyed our spacious studios and had the time to give yourself a nice workout in our extensive health club.

We look forward in welcoming you and your husband back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

we stayed here for an overnight stay since my best friend gave a voucher for our anniversary gift to us. what can i say....very nice room though we only got the standard room. it small but very complete from kitchen bedroom and bathroom.....comfy bed and pillows. we have a mini sauna and a mini kitchen.....but what i like in this hotel is the pool....its very clean.....
Im surely gonna be back here in this hotel....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Lavable,

Thank you for the time taken to positively review our Hotel. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed our studio rooms and you felt it was very complete throughout.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

i would say that the times i spent at oakwood premier joy-nostalg center manila were great! ... very comfortable and homey and a place that you would like to come back to with your family and friends ....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Rick E, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to write a short and positive review about us. We very much appreciate your recommendation to other travellers that we are comfortable and homey place to enjoy. We look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center in the near future.

Rick Erdos

Been to Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila? Share your experiences!