“My 1 day staycation at this 5 star hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila

You added Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila to your Saves list
Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17 ADB Avenue Ortigas Center, Pasig, Luzon, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Pasig
Manila
“My 1 day staycation at this 5 star hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was skeptical about this hotel since I have not tried booking in any Oakwood hotels around the world and the not so friendly telephone inquiry response I got when I called before I finally made my booking. The check in was also a bit un easy because of the parking but all of these were erased by the very cordial welcome of the Front Desk Staff ( missed her name ). We were accorded a very polite and kind reception up to our room to which, upon entering, I was pleased to see the quiet elegance of the living room and dining with gorgeous fully equipped kitchen. I said to myself I should have booked 3 nights to be able to cook and enjoy their hi tech kitchen appliances and wares. The bedroom is private, large with an equally large toilet and bath with separate bath tub and shower, with mini LCD tv to entertain while doing your thing. The bed was huge, comfortable and since we were on the 21st floor we had a nice view. Their facilities are equally nice and of high standard. My husband is a lap swimmer that he was so pleased with the indoor, warm lap pool with Jacuzzi. They also have a nice play room that my grand children enjoyed. They were kind enough to open it for us. I will definitely go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Request for a high floor..
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rick E, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Mercedita M,

Thank you for the time taken to review our Hotel and your staycation with us. We are glad that despite your first impression you found the hotel facilities and service to your liking and the entire family enjoyed the weekend with us.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you and your family back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Rick Erdos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have traditionally stuck to staying at the top 5-star hotel brands as I travel for work 2-3 nights every week. However, as I was travelling with my family and baby, we needed kitchen facilities and decided to stay at Oakwood during our recent trip to Manila. We got a two bedroom suite, which came with a generous living, dining and cooking area.

The rooms were just the right size that I did not knock into any furniture (as I frequently do in cramp places) while at the same time maintaining a cozy and warm feel. The interior of the rooms also showed clear attention to detail on the part of the hotel's designer. Lighting - variable control; Air conditioning - not blowing directly at my face when in the bed; Bathrooms - one of the largest I've seen with double sinks, a generous shower area separate from the bath tub. Beds - I fell asleep almost immediately every night - enough said.

A special surprise came on the last day when we were told that as we had requested for an extension of our stay, our room type was full and the hotel staff very apologetically moved us to the Presidential Suite! It was absolutely palatial with a HEATED(!) lap pool in the middle of the suite, double-volume jacuzzis in two of the rooms, twelve seater dining table, full entertainment (including karaoke) system on a 65 or 70 inch TV... wished my own home was like that...

Despite being a top tier member at a number of the hotel chains and not on Oakwood's, I was pleasantly surprised by the very personal service offered by Oakwood Premier. We were greeted upon check-in by the guest relations officer who already knew who we were, the restaurant's staff remembered our names from the second day and the concierge spent a good part of her day arranging a day trip for my family.

Kudos to the team at Oakwood Premier for making the stay a very enjoyable and pleasant one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nate T,

Thank you for the time you have taken to write such a wonderful and detailed review about our Hotel and your experience with us. I certainly shared with our entire team your comments and feedback regarding all aspects and we were delighted that you and your family had such a wonderful time with us. The Presidential Suite is something special and many of us wish it was our home!

We look forward in welcoming you and your family back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center on your next visit to Manila.

New Milton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Good things:
Well-equipped gym, decent (indoor) pool (though don't go for the view!), nice breakfast buffet spread, friendly and helpful service via room service and front desk.

Minor negatives:
Noise - a bit of noise from the city/traffic gets into the room, air con and appliances also, but only a little.
One staff member seemed to think it was an imposition that I came and asked her for a coffee after we failed to catch anyone's attention in the restaurant.
The room service food was tasty but not quite as described.

Overall, those negatives were really minor things and, frankly, more here to show why I felt they didn't quite merit 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Rick E, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Splashcat,

Thank you for the time taken to review our Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed our facilities and found our service to be pleasant. I have passed on to our respective team leaders some of the comments you made and we appreciate the feedback.

On behalf of the management and team, again thank you and we look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Allow me to cut and paste a letter I sent to the hotel management

Oakwood Premier Joy~Nostalg Center Manila
17 ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City 1600,
Philippines

To the Management,

Greetings!

My family stayed over the weekend of Aug 03-04 2013 occupying three (3) rooms to celebrate my daughter's birthday. [one one-bedroom and two studio suites]

The service, the warmth and efficiency of the staff are worth commending. Everything that we inquired and requested were promptly and professionally handled.

(There is one exception for the early check-in that we requested for one (1) room. A staff, I believe [will not mention for this purpose], confirmed over the phone that it was ready, only to find out when we got there that it wasn't yet. But the wait wasn't long).

I didn't get the name of all the staff we've encountered but one of the supervisors checked if we were comfortable shortly after checking in and immediately sent a handy man to fix a minor curtain glitch. Even Mr. Handy man was quick and pleasant. He refused my tip but I saw the need to insist.

The staff who brought up our delivery order (tall man in a blue barong) was also pleasant and quick and so was the staff who brought us a pitcher, another for the extra pillows and another who helped my nanny bring up some things.

We would also like to commend the quality of furnishings in the room. The couch, solo seats with foot rests and dining chairs were very comfortable and so were the beds and linens.

The room was clean and not stuffy with stale air (due to my allergies, I'm very sensitive to dust and molds and have stayed in several hotels with such rooms even if they look superficially clean). I'm guessing the curtains, carpets and upholstery are cleaned well but commendably without strong chemical odors. I'm very thankful that my allergies were not triggered.

The kitchen fixtures were made of good quality mechanisms and amenities were ample and functioning with the necessary amount of utensils.

The bathroom fixtures are of good quality as well, and easy enough to operate. (Some are too fancy that in my opinion can already sacrifice safety). We didn't experience malfunctioning lights, erratic water volume or prolonged wait for proper water heating.

The swimming pool is clean, well heated and properly staffed.

In short, everything was working as it should, allowing us-- your guests-- to relax and focus on our business at hand.

Let me also commend duty manager Benedict who made us feel like valued guests and offered complimentary late check out when I inquired on the charges for a few hours of extension. We lost track of time since everyone was having a great time.

Moments like these with our families are so precious and don't come as often as we wish. We would like again, to extend our gratitude for providing us the perfect place and service for a special weekend.

Rest assured that you will be highly recommended to family, friends and colleagues.

We're looking forward to our next stay.

*room referred to in this review is a one-bedroom apartment. Kitchen has dishwasher, washing machine, coffee maker, pots and pans, electric stove, cooking utensils and dishes for 2

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Rick E, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Manila Mom,

We did indeed receive your letter here in the Hotel and thank you for openly sharing it on trip advisor. We were delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your weekend stay with us and found all aspects pleasing and in particular felt the staff made your stay so comfortable.

Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This isn't really a hotel, it's a tower of extended-stay executive apartments. There is a full kitchen and a washing machine in each apartment. I stayed in a Studio which is the smallest unit. It was a big room but most of it was taken up by the kitchen which I never used. It was 7116 Pesos per night including breakfast about EUR 125

Impressively equipped with rice cooker, fridge/freezer, coffee maker, oven, microwave. It seemed a shame not to use it, but I wasn't there long enough.

There's a lovely long & narrow pool on 6th floor perfect for a workout and a fitness centre on floor above. Great massages at very reasonable prices too.

Staff are very friendly and eager to help as I found everyone in Manila to be.

Hotel restaurant was OK. Nothing special, there are better options within walking distance. Breakfast buffet was fine. The barman makes terrific cocktails although be warned they allow smoking in the bar, which is slightly strange.

The location is good just off EDSA. There are several big malls close by and plenty of places to eat. It seems like a residential area with plenty of people on the streets at all hours. It certainly felt very safe.

Despite all of this, it's all a bit soulless, lacking in character. Great for a business trip but I wouldn't want to come here for a holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jonathanjo,

Thank you for your extended review of us. We were pleased to read you enjoyed our room product and the overall comforts and facilities of our apartments and health club. We indeed do cater to the short and long stay guest and thank you for endorsing us as a good choice for business.

On behalf of the management and team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Room was nice. Location is accessible and very near malls and other establishment. Pool was ok. Only problem was the online promotion was not clear. I booked thru their website wanting to avail of a promo, however, turned out not everything was written on the website. I should have just booked thru agoda instead and earned some points.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear LJ,

Thank you for the time taken to review our Hotel. We are glad you found our location suitable and your staycation an enjoyable one. We do note your comment about our website and we are reviewing that.

On behalf of the management and team we look forward in welcoming you back to the Oakwood Premier Joy – Nostalg Center.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

One of the greatest experience in my life. It was a superb place to be around. Wish i could go back and stay there for another few days but this time with my newly wed Wife. All the services and atmosphere around was just superb. Did not find anything to complain actually. Its a great place to be.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Rick E, General Manager at Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to positively review our Hotel. The team here all enjoyed reading your headline “Majestic” and most importantly were delighted you and your new bride found the service and ambience excellent. On behalf of the management and team, we all look forward to seeing you both back with us in the near future.

Rick Erdos

Been to Oakwood Premier Joy-Nostalg Center Manila? Share your experiences!