“good hotel for the money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Linden Suites

You added The Linden Suites to your Saves list
The Linden Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37 San Miguel Ave Ortigas Center Pasig, Pasig, Luzon 1600, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Pasig
Rochester, NY (ROC)
“good hotel for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

pretty decent hotel for the price and location. good brunch, nice spa and pool. close to a lot of restaturants and shopping. plan on staying there again in the month of November '08

• Liked — affordable with very nice accomodations
  • Disliked — had a plumbing issue during one stay, otherwise i am very satisfied with the facilities and service
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
wazzuvius
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2008

The moment my partner and I arrived to Linden Suites we were greeted with a very welcoming staff. Although the check-in area isn't as fantastic as one you would normally find at a hotel of this caliber, it was still professional and accomodating. And the service was prompt and without problems. In fact, we were able to check-in at 9 am (we arrived early and didn't have anything else to do)!

I really don't have any complaints about the entire stay. While the room was fairly standard, it was clean and equipped with everything we might need. The bathroom was clean and the water was hot. Although the water pressure was a bit weak (no biggie). Our room was on the 25th floor and the views were awesome! The beds weren't amazing but they weren't uncomfortable. We slept just fine. The rooms were pretty quiet as well. If you wanna watch tv there are plenty of channels. The elevators are fast and our waiting times were very short. As for food, the included breakfast buffet was more than adequate. The food was good and there was plenty of it. We had to check out very early in the morning, before the restaurant is open, but the staff provided us with a to-go breakfast since we couldn't take advantage of the free buffet. It was pretty lackluster, but it's still free and I appreciated the effort :)

Overall, I would rate my stay at Linden Suites as one of the more comfortable hotel visits I've made in my young life. It compares to a 3 night stay at a fairly prestigious 4 star hotel in a prominent US city. And the price beats anything else of similar quality in the area. I would certainly stay there again!

• Liked — Clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

The 2 bedroom suites are very nice and loved the spacious living room. The bathrooms are a bit cramped though.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

Stayed here for more than 4x already and the last was March '08 when our niece from Bacolod came to Manila for a vacation. They love the place so much that they prefer staying there the entire day playing and watching tv than going to the mall to eat or shop. They've recently open a new building next to the old one but we still prefer the old one since we feel more homey. Buffet breakfast is also good but the downside is that the place is small to accomodate everyone especially during peak season like holy week. Price of food is ok but if you're a member, you can get additional discount. Overall, I'd recommend this hotel to anyone staying at ortigas area.
Upside:
1. Location
2. Reasonably price.
3. Homey feel.
4. Free parking for guest

Downside:
1. Restaurant is small
2. Only 2 elevators so expect to wait a little longer going up or down.

• Liked — Homey feel, locatiom
  • Disliked — Slow elevator, small restaurant
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2008

Out of the three hotels I stayed in during our Dec 07-Jan 08 trip, I was most impressed with Linden Suites... It even tops Discovery Suites (#1 in Pasig according to tripadvisor) for me. It's in a great location, 3 minutes walk from SM Megamall, immaculate rooms, fabulous view from the living room, full equipped kitchen, nice breaky with great variety, friendly staff and great service. I was really pleased seeing that I had pretty low expecations of hotels in the Phils.

My bf, his family & I stayed at a 2 bedroom apartment for about US$200 a night. It consisted of a king bed in the main bedroom and two single beds on the other. Each room had it's own spacious and clean bathroom with a few amenities. They had a equipped entertainment unit (tv, cd player, dvd player) and they had cable which I think is a standard for any hotel. We spent a few hours watching english movies and tv shows. We also spent a lot of time in SM Megamall (which we frantically crossed the roads for) to eat and go crazy on the shopping.

From the living room and main bedroom, you have a view of Ortigas. You could see the whole Megamall from the window and there was a couple of picturisque fireworks displays during our stay.

The only downside to this hotel was the long trip to our parking. It was levels after levels swirling downhill (about 20 times). I also saw a long legged cocoroach in the bathroom which I managed to drown down the drain.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The long car park that makes you dizzy
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
west coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

My two gold necklaces placed in a LL Bean waist bag were stolen on the day of check out, hence I did not found out about the theft until we were back in US. Breakfast buffet and housekeeping were nothing to brag about. I would definitely not recommend staying in this place.

Stayed December 2007
Gent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2008

We stayed here for three nights from the 24th untill the 26th of December to celebrate Christmas. I like the hotel especialy for it's location, it's 10minutes walking to SM Megamall, 5 minutes from the Podium and approx. 20minutes to Robinsons galleria.
We liked it here because it was peacefull, certainly if you compare it with Malate. If you walk out the hotel there are no beggars and no annoying people that will bother you.
For the rest the hotel has all the facilities, swimmingpool, gym, restaurant. And we we booked our hotel there was a breakfastbuffet included. The only thing I didn't like that there was snobbish attitude in the hotel. For the rest everything was fine.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Snobbish Attitude
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to The Linden Suites? Share your experiences!