“Comfort & style” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Linden Suites

You added The Linden Suites to your Saves list
The Linden Suites
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   37 San Miguel Ave Ortigas Center Pasig, Pasig, Luzon 1600, Philippines   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Free WiFi Access
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Pasig
“Comfort & style”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Initially booked an executive room as I like the space and upgraded to a suite. My first impression was met with consulate ease. No fuss and only a small amount to pay over the initial charge. The suite was spacious as advertised with good amenities. Large flat screen tv and a music system that allows for iPods. The kitchenette was a little under stocked with cookware items but a call to housekeeping did the trick.
The hotel in general was very good, helpful staff and a good restaurant and fitness facilities. An ideal distance from the mega shopping mall.

• Stayed June 2013
LindenSuites, Public Relations Manager at The Linden Suites, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your encouraging words. We hope to serve you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed at the Linden Suites Hotel in August 2012 with my girlfriend and must say I was totally delighted with all aspects of the stay, from its location, which is convenient to numerous shops, malls and restaurants: all within easy walking distance, to the hotel's very obliging and helpful staff.
The view overlooking San Miguel Ave, from the 19th floor of the first tower was great and the room itself was spacious and everything was functional and well maintained.
The hotel's restaurant offered a great selection for breakfast which was included with the room tariff (so since it was already paid for, we had to eat our breakfast there). All other meals were easily covered by the choice of restaurants nearby, including a couple of little 'gems' in the lane-way at the rear of the hotel, which offered genuine 'rough and ready' style Pilipino cuisine, served in huge helpings and dirt cheap! The owners of these smaller businesses were also very friendly and welcomed me as their overseas guest - making sure we had more than we could eat! There are also convenience stores such as 7/11 and similar right next to the hotel. I’m not suggesting the hotel’s restaurant did not have a good menu or anything for the other meals, its’ more that we prefer the more ‘down-to-earth’ or humble environment offered by the local places – experience true local living...
Some people’s reviews commented on problems with deposits, especially when a credit card was used (where only an authorisation for an agreed amount is made). In my case I think it was about P10,000 and that’s all it was, I had the option of deducting things such as meals from that deposit if I wished, but otherwise the entire P10,000 was not charged from the card. I could have paid cash had I opted to and if nothing was used (or damaged or whatever), it would have been refunded in full, at check-out time...
I’m not saying those people did not have issues with their security deposits, I’m simply saying that WE didn’t. I also gleaned from some reviews, that they simply don’t understand why they need to pay such a deposit at all. I can assure those people that I have stayed in many Manila hotels and most of them (apart from the super-cheap ones that I stayed at for less than 1 day), charge something similar, but they all honour their promise by refunding it on checkout too: either by not claiming the authorised sum from my credit card or by giving me back the cash I tendered, when I checked-out.
Petty theft or pilfering from hotels is rife in Manila, so they charge guests a small deposit to cover at least some of the loss. Insurance companies there aren’t as flexible or as willing to cover this sort of loss / damage as ours in the West are, so they have to try and cover for it themselves.
Anyway I hope that will help someone understand what the ‘security deposit’ is and why many hotels in Manila ask all guests to pay it.
I would most certainly stay there again and in fact I really look forward to my next visit to this great establishment.

Room Tip: If you're a non-smoker make sure you say so, or you could end up on the smoking floors (because...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Previously we have stayed at the beautiful Dusit Thani but this time we had to be more conscious of budget, and so based on reviews chose a 2 bedroom suite at the Linden for 4 adults. Lovely rooms, spacious suite and very good service. On our return to Manila 2 weeks later we again booked the Linden and we were upgraded to the newly renovated Tower 1 and this suite was even nicer than the first. The staff at reception were very helpful, and the porter staff, the restaurant staff and the hotel transfer staff were all so polite, pleasant and kind to us.

A five minute walk to a huge SM mall, a good restaurant which also serves a filling breakfast, and very prompt service from housekeeping staff. This will become our new base in Manila. I am happy to recommend the Linden Suites.

Room Tip: Tower 1 is newly renovated and the decor is lovely.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We gratefully appreciate your words. We are honored to be your new favorite place to stay in. Thank you once more.
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Rooms were spacious
Proximity to nearby SM MegaMall , shangrila mall and well located in Pasig .OK breakfast spread .less choice for vegetarians though.Courteous and very helpful staff. thumps up for there staff

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words. We are excited to serve you once more.
Rome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

After looking extensively for a hotel to accomodate a family of 6, I came by The Linden Suites in Pasig, Ortigas area. A bit skeptical because of some unfavorable reviews, I booked a 3 bedroom suite from June 23-June 30, 2013. We were pleasantly surprised, even my critical son said the rooms were huge and neat. The breakfast was decent with a good selection during our stay. Staff was friendly, greeted us with a bow everytime.
Parking was a little difficult to negotiate, a very small access on the side of the hotel was necessary ( if you come from the hotel front). Otherwise there was always a spot for a small to medium size vehicle. Extending our stay was strange that we needed to do it 'on-line' and could not directly do it with the front desk staff.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
LindenSuites, Public Relations Manager at The Linden Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your staying with us and your concern is well noted.
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Our room was very spacious, and worth the price we paid (6,000 pesos because of the discount). The suite has a dining area and a living room. The room has separate bathrooms, which on their own were also big. There was also a separate room for the kitchen which has an electric stove so you can cook your own food. Also, the location is excellent. Mini stop qnd 7-11 were just beside the hotel so it was easy to buy anything in case you forgot to bring it.

However the downside of staying in the hotel,

1. Slow internet connection. Loading, for example, a Youtube video taks more than a miniute for a 1 minute video. And for our two bedroom suite, you can only connect 2 devices.

2. Both the kitchen and the bathroom lackd essential things. The kitchen did not have a spoon or fork. It did not have a pitcher. We were planning to make iced tea but we cannot put it anywhere. As for the bathroom, I was looking for a small toothpaste (which is common in most of the hotels i've been to), but here was not. Also, the bath soap inside the shower area was already opened when I went there.

3. The staff were not attentive. When I entered the hotel, no one bothered to help me with my bags. No one asked to assist me, even after I checked- in, in bringing my bags to my suite. Also, when I was checking- in, although I was first, they kept on assisting another customer who was asking questions instead of processing my check-in papers. So i had to wait longer by the reception area than what I expected.

4. The receptionist did not respond to my questions well. When I was checking in, I was asked to pay the balance of 2,000 pesos after I paid partially a day prior. I was also asked to pay another 2000 pesos as deposit which I can get upon check-out. I paid via my friend's credit card (she was a guest of mine). I underwent the usual processing, making me sign slips and papers. I asked the receptionist if that after that I was considered to have filly paid for the room. He said yes, we just need to check out the day after. But upon check-out, I was asked to pay the balance of 2,000 pesos again for the room. I told them the upon checking-in the day before I already swiped my friend's credit card. But the receptionist told me that the swiping of the card yesterday was only for authorization and was not yet the actual payment of the balance. However, my friend did not stay overnight but left the same night of check in. If this was how the payment method is, that the swiping of the card during check in was only for authorization, the receptionist shuld have told me during check in and did not tell me that the only thing I had to do the next day was to check out. If only he respond to my question well and comprehensively, and explained that that swipin of the card was only for authorization and not atual payment thereof the day before, I should have let my friend stay overnight and payment have gone smoothly. So, upon check out, I was surprised because I did not have a credit card nor had I have enough cash on hand.

Also, when I was about to check out, I called the reception to inquire about the parking area, I was told that someone already took the allotted one parking space for me. I had guests come over the night before, but none of them stayed over night and left as early as 8pm. So, how come my area was already taken the night when I had my car parked somewhere else.

5. The payment method. Upon checking in, if you allow the customer to pay the balance through credit card, you should inform them that that was not yet actual payment and that did not yet constitute a credit from the customer's account. In my case, had My friend and I known, we should have paid the balance and the deposit in cash. Or you can actually make the initial swiping upon check in equivalent to actual payment. That is why you ask for the signature of the cardholder, right? She is already consenting to the charging of that amount to her account.

I'd give my stay at this hotel a 6/10. Had the staff been more attentive and accommodating, this stay could have been perfect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for expressing your thoughts. We assure you of our commitment to serve you better and looking forward to seeing you again in the future.
Cogon, Lezo, Aklan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The hotel is decent but the 2 rooms that we had were clean buy old. The first 3 bedroom we had was a smoking room and smelled so much of smoke that it gave one of our party a headache. We were moved to a non=smoking room on our second of three nights. The rooms are large but the furniture is old and it is hard to open the curtains and blinds to see outside. There is no view so that may be why. You get the noise from the street and the noise from a nearby bar that will keep you up late at night. After asking the lobby how late the pools were open we went up to the top floor to go swimming and was told the pool area is closed for remodeling. Why they did not tell us this when we checked in I do not know. We then went to the indoor pool which needs remodeling and has seen better days. The bar area of the pool was closed and the pool area dark and hot. We did not go back for another swim on our 3 night stay. The breakfast that comes with the room was ok. We did not eat any other meals at the hotel. They have free wi fi although it is slow. Location is good with a store for snacks next door and the mega mall just a couple of blocks away.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a non smoking room when you book it does not tell you to do this online. Also, m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate your thoughts. Rest assured that we will look into your concerns and take the necessary actions so that it does not happen again.

Been to The Linden Suites? Share your experiences!