“A short stopover was enough!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Mabuhay Manor

Save Saved
You added The Mabuhay Manor to your Saves list
The Mabuhay Manor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2933 F.B. Harrison Cor. Ortigas Street, Pasay, Luzon 1300, Philippines   |
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Pasay
queensland
“A short stopover was enough!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here for less than 12 hours on a stopover to Siargao Island. I actually chose it because I thought it was closer to the airport but it's still quite a distance especially in the traffic. We got in late so fortunately were not hungry as I certainly would not step out onto the street to find somewhere to eat, it didn't seem the best neighbourhood. Our room was well air-conditioned but basic and pretty old but it was under $100 AUD a night so you get what you pay for. I certainly wasn't expecting much more than I got but it did have 2 double beds in 1 room and another in a separate room so was quite spacious. I wouldn't stay here again as I would stay closer to the airport, which we did in my next review when we had to do another stopover in Manila in this same trip.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were looking for a decent place near the airport. Upon arrival at the entrance, I knew it would not be a comfortable stay. We stayed on the second floor, I barely slept because of a cockroach crawling in my bed and the fridge was noisy. We went down to eat dinner and the finger prints and dirt on the food display stand made me not want to eat at all. The plastic flowers and old table cloths make it dull, un upgrade of your computers into laptops or tablets will make it better. Although there's abundance of water in the bathroom, the staff were pleasant although very busy, the place is old and can use a general new and fresh interior design. After all, you are representing the Philippines.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed in this Hotel with my family for the first time and really love the Philippine atmosphere inside. It's an old fashion setting yet very current. The staff were very nice and welcoming. The Family suite is very comfortable and spacious enough. The pictures shown and the descriptions of their services that are indicated on their website are very accurate. My nephew loved their pool and used it everyday. I love their breakfast buffet. The location is very convenient and close to everything.

The only thing I don't like about this hotel is they only give you one key for the whole family. It would've been nice if there were multiple keys provided as the room we chose was for 5 people. It was very inconvenient to call the staff to open the door every time a family member returned.

Otherwise, this experience was pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Laguna Niguel, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

After reading reviews about the property, thought if would be a decent place for a few days to be close to the airport for in and out travel. It's definitely close to the airport. You're almost in the flight path of the planes taking off and landing. Usually stay at the linden suites which provides great service and value. I knew we were in trouble as soon as we turned down the alley to get to the hotel. Not a good area. Well unless you want to be close to the girlie bars and hookers. Upon checking in we were offered a ground floor room. My lungs closed down as soon as I entered the room due to the mold in the air. Changed to a smaller room on the 3rd floor just so I could breathe. It seems the ac units are infested with mold and not properly cleaned. The staff is friendly enough but that is one of the great attributes of the Filipino people. Even though we paid a non refundable rate to stay, I'll be relocating back to Linden Suites ASAP. I just wish I would have physically check out the place before booking. Bottom line, the place is a dump in a seedy area. And airport shuttle is NOT included in the price. Stay away. I will never be back.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are dark and dingy with heavy mold infestation. Aircraft noise is loud due to pr...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stay there twice in one time at the end of May and one time beginning of June. First time, I could not sleep well because there were noise, cars driving etc. Second time was a big room, sofa, fridge, stove on the first floor and on the second floor was 2 double bed. Air conditioning is working good. Staff very friendly, hotel is clean. Would go back for sure.

Food available at anytime, they have a menu and you can order what you want.

Room Tip: Ask them to not be on the side of the street.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I always come here everytime I visit Philippines. I believe its my 5th time here or more.

Staff- they are really accomodating, and friendly! since im always checking in here. They remember me already which is really nice though I visit every after a year.

Breakfast- is really true Filipino experience, though they couldve added more choices.

Location- this is my only problem why I ddnt give 5 stars. Location is in a small alley. Though its a 10mins. Taxi ride to Mall of Asia. I kinda dont feel safe walking outside the hotel

Room- pretty big and bathroom is really bug too, but the bed is too firm.

I would definetely recommend this hotel. And i will surely come back again. Good job Mabuhay Manor keep up the good work! :)

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mullingar, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We always stay here when we are in Manila as the hotel has an airport pickup as part of their price. It is also close to the airport and usually we are at the hotel within 15-20 minutes. The rooms are spacious and clean and the breakfast in the morning, while very much filipino, is very nice. There is a egg station and you can make toast if you aren't happy with the other choices.

We had a meal in the evening as well and once again it was a good tasting meal and we had no complaints. Did not use the swimming pool this time. A good stay once again in a nice hotel. The usual complaints about location, but we never felt threatened or ill at ease at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mabuhay Manor? Share your experiences!