“5th time and they never fail :)” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Mabuhay Manor

You added The Mabuhay Manor to your Saves list
The Mabuhay Manor
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2933 F.B. Harrison Cor. Ortigas Street, Pasay, Luzon 1300, Philippines   |
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Pasay
Honolulu, Hawaii
“5th time and they never fail :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I always come here everytime I visit Philippines. I believe its my 5th time here or more.

Staff- they are really accomodating, and friendly! since im always checking in here. They remember me already which is really nice though I visit every after a year.

Breakfast- is really true Filipino experience, though they couldve added more choices.

Location- this is my only problem why I ddnt give 5 stars. Location is in a small alley. Though its a 10mins. Taxi ride to Mall of Asia. I kinda dont feel safe walking outside the hotel

Room- pretty big and bathroom is really bug too, but the bed is too firm.

I would definetely recommend this hotel. And i will surely come back again. Good job Mabuhay Manor keep up the good work! :)

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Mullingar, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We always stay here when we are in Manila as the hotel has an airport pickup as part of their price. It is also close to the airport and usually we are at the hotel within 15-20 minutes. The rooms are spacious and clean and the breakfast in the morning, while very much filipino, is very nice. There is a egg station and you can make toast if you aren't happy with the other choices.

We had a meal in the evening as well and once again it was a good tasting meal and we had no complaints. Did not use the swimming pool this time. A good stay once again in a nice hotel. The usual complaints about location, but we never felt threatened or ill at ease at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Espoo, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Mabuhay Manor is good value for your money compared to most of the hotels near NAIA in Pasay. What usually is charged extra for is included in the standard room rate in Mabuhay, like Wi-Fi, pick-up (or drop of) from airport and breakfast buffet. Rooms are clean, nice and quiet - what more can you ask for ?

Room Tip: Just be sure all the extras (wifi, breakfast and airport transfer) are included in the room charge w...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

I landed in Manila at 2.30am and asked the hotel to arrange a pick up for me...no one was there. So i had to get a taxi that they charged me far too much. The aircon was very noisy. I requested a non-smoking room but was given smoking room. It was so late when i arrived that i couldnt be bothered to move as i was only thankfully staying a night. The breakfast was more than average. For the price this place is not worth it - pay a bit extra and stay somewhere so much more.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

Being 3 star hotel it has exceeded all my expectations.
The driver met us at the airport and drove to the hotel with a newish car. The Receptionists were kind & helpful.
Clean, big size rooms, bathroom like 4star . Facilities in the hotel include gym, dental clinic and outdoor swimming pool .
The Hotel offers a taxi service with good prices and without delays. Moreover they offered (for very small price) for us to have a tour in Manilla where the driver acted as a guide and make any our wishes come true.. Even asked geepnees driver to give us a ride!! Such a fun!
The atmosphere in the hotel is great: peaceful and safe.

• Stayed May 2014
ho chi minh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I booked direct from their website the family suite and paid for the rate of 5 pax, which included airport transfer one way. Our flight with Cebu was delayed (as always) so we arrived 40 mins late but the pick up staff still waited for us. We were grateful for that. when we arrived at the hotel, it was quite a busy time with lots of people in the lobby. there were 2 front desk staff but one was busy counting money and the other one was running around doing who knows what. I was completely ignored for about 10 mins. finally it was my turn to get the front desk's attention to check me in and he greeted me with an extra charge of 150php for airport pick up. he explained that the rate included was only good for 4 persons and because we have 5, we had to pay extra. What a ridiculous explanation & a dishonest way to do business. This is a hotel with a professional system of booking, not a cab driver who can decide to rip off customers because they think tourists know nothing. Of course I refused to pay a dime more given that I have already paid a 5 pax rate and there was nothing whatsoever about extra charge in the terms and conditions when I made the booking. He finally let it go & didnt charge me.
Then I asked if I could check in early, he said we needed to wait half an hour because the room was still being cleaned. 5 mins later, I asked the other front desk lady if I could leave our luggagge to go have lunch, she checked something from the system & said our room was ready for us to go in. So if I hadnt gone to ask, the guy would have let us wait. He could have informed us but he didn't. I wonder if he did it on purpose or he just simply didnt care at all about customers comfort.
What a bad service & unfriendly attitude at a hotel that prides itself on hospitality.
The family suite is spacious enough for 5 ppl but the room is very old, furniture has seen better days. Price is high given the condition of the room & the 0 star service of the front desk.
Maybe I was just unlucky but based on my experience at this hotel, I wont come back.

Room Tip: taxi from hotel to mall of asia is about 60 php.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed for one night here before flying. Lovely big rooms, clean, very pleasant staff. We ate in their restaurant and were very pleased with the food.

Breakfast choice was good.

Location was fine.

The only negative for me was the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in the room - I just love my cups of tea.

Room Tip: our room was on the 3rd floor. Had no view, but with the plants and the sunlight streaming in, that...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mabuhay Manor? Share your experiences!