“pretty overwhelming with so many people” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 20 Attractions in Pasay
Type: Shops, Malls, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Mall of Asia is dubbed the largest mall in Asia with a variety of stores, eateries and entertainment options.
Munich, Germany
35 attraction reviews
“pretty overwhelming with so many people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Billed as the largest mall in Asia and the third largest mall in the world. The Mall of Asia (MOA) is very impressive. Many stores with lots of treats. As an American it was amazing that a movie was the equivalent of 5USD per ticket. The "center stage" theatre has spacious seating in a two-level area. Hot dogs and pop corn are on sale inside the theatre before the movie. 110Pp (less than 3USD) for a hot dog, popcorn and a drink.
The system to get a taxi outside the mall would be effective if taxi drivers were not selective. That is, it is impossible to get a taxi in the "taxi bay" in the front of the mall. Lots of customers but no taxi's. Taxi's drove around the mall, where they were not supposed to stop, and looked for customers they preferred. We were selected over locals due to our looks. It was a terrible feeling but we wanted to get to our hotel.
The night at MOA we showed up was the night PSY, Gangnam Style, was in concert. My guess is every Friday and Saturday night is crowded. A great place to see that Filipino's have lots of money to spend, if marketed to their purchasing wants and needs. High end shops appeared to be empty while food that appealed to Filipino tastes were busy. SM (department store) is the anchor merchant.

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
10 attraction reviews
“Not a Mall Huge City woww...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Biggest Mall in Asia, a lot of shopping center, restaurant and things to you may spend a lot of time. we went imax wow changeless its amazing. 1day is enough for ready to plan and go
Jolibee, KFC,Chowking,McDonalds Greenwich,Delifrance,,Gerry's Grill
Tokyo Tokyo Restaurant,Goldilocks,Aruba Bar and Restaurant,Bacolod Chicken House,Burgoo,Bread Talk,French Baker,Almon Marina,Super Bowl Of China,Tempura,Japanese Grill,Bangus Specialty Restaurant ,The Cafe Mediterrannean,Congo Grill,The Aristocrat Restaurant.some show sodexo also thy accepted...Overall, go to MoA with lots of energy. Plan where you're going to shop and dine - or take a casual stroll. It's all really enjoyable.

Visited August 2012
Geelong, Australia
56 attraction reviews
“Omg,This would have to be the biggest shopping mall in Asia,I have ever seen,Amazing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Visited 30th Janurary,

taxi here from makita area cost $130.00 peso for a 25 min ride in busy morning traffic.

Well,what great day out we had here,we stayed here for 9 hours.what 9 hours Omg,yes that's right it felt like 2hours.this place is soooo huge I can't believe we didn't get lost. !!!!.

The shopping was amazing,I thought kuala lumper shops were big,but this is massively huge.i think there was 4 complexes you go in one and out into another.we did our best shopping here.boy did we spend up today.There is bargains to find,just look around before you buy,not all stores had good buys.
I am a shoe addict, and I had never seen soooo many shoes in my life in the one department,it was making me drizzle to see all those shoes.did manger to buy some though.

There are cinemas to see movies and a large ice skating rink and I spoted a dentist too but hubby wouldn't let me go for a check up as I have been to dentist in koh Samui ,sooo cheap for a visit.

Lots of eating outlets,we chose a Japanese resturant for dinner.after this we went back to the waterfront to go for a ride on the eye wheel to view the city at night.it cost $150.00 peso each,it was a great.lots of resturant to eat at here too,it was quite busy for a wednesday night.i wouldnt want to visit here on the weekends as its a bit crazy I heard.

The mall of Asia is my first choice of my favorite place to visit,we did go to greenbelt shops as well,it was good too,but I think I prefer MOA.we also visited the greenhills shops where there is a indoor market,that sells fake designer bags,wallets,etc.fresh water pearls.The local store sellers nag you as soon as you get in the door,buy this ,good price,it was soooo bad ,we just keep moving along all the stalls to get out of there.this place is not as nice or new as MOA.

To sum it all up MOA was the best day out we had,could have shopped all night if my hubby allow me too.

I would highly recommend you visit this place if you want to shop,there is lovely shops here,some brands like home,but cheaper than Australia.

Ciao

Elisa. Australia

Visited January 2013
Taichung, Taiwan
4 attraction reviews
“Mall of Asia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Massive massive mall. It's easy to forget you're in Asia, just as good as any western mall. Great food choices, fruit shakes and I had a crepe with mango and custard....it was lush!!!!!! Good place to go for the day.

Visited January 2013
Vancouver, Canada
35 attraction reviews
“Expensive stuff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We were not impressed. It's just like any other mall here in N. America. Busy and even more expensive than Canadian prices.

Even the food selection at the food court, though they looked really good, the stuff we had was old and dry.

We were really quite disappointed. The ShoeMart was ok.

Visited December 2012